PDA

View Full Version : apologies

cutter
01-16-2003, 07:03 AM
my apologies to the staff and moderators of this forum. i posted publicly things that i probably should have posted privately, and while i meant them, i could have gone about it differently. 7star has done the right thing.

SevenStar
01-16-2003, 10:55 AM
No worries. I'm all for a good discussion. It's easy for things to get heated when discussing lineage, history, etc though. Heck, I even like a little name calling when it's in fun. :) No need to expose identities though, unless permission has been granted.

Which, in all honesty, isn't a bad thing. budoseek requires you to use your real name, or at least have it in your sig.

TaoBoy
01-21-2003, 07:51 PM
I'm all for full disclosure of names on this forum. Then maybe we'd stop getting the stupid posts from anonymous parties. Or maybe people would just take advantage of that system too.

:rolleyes:

Peace...

Serpent
01-21-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by TaoBoy
I'm all for full disclosure of names on this forum. Then maybe we'd stop getting the stupid posts from anonymous parties. Or maybe people would just take advantage of that system too.

Peace...

It wouldn't work. A lot of people would leave as they value their anonymity and that would adversely affect the forum. Just take anything with a pinch of salt. After all, this is the internet! ;)

Besides, people would probably just use false names and such.

TaoBoy
01-21-2003, 10:41 PM
All fair Serp.

It's one of those unattainable dreams!

:D

joedoe
01-22-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by TaoBoy

Peace...

Well .... I could sign on as Adam Stanecki and get you into a whole lot of trouble :)

Serpent
01-22-2003, 09:25 PM
Hi, my name is really Adam Stanecki and I'm a peadophile.

rubthebuddha
01-23-2003, 12:17 AM
well, at least he's right on one thing. but he isn't adam. ;)

cutter -- kudos for fessing up. life is easier when we're open. now if you could get the folks on the wing chun forum to admit when they funk up, this world would be fantastic. :)

guohuen
01-23-2003, 09:21 AM
Well done Cutter. That's how real men behave.

Serpent
01-23-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
well, at least he's right on one thing. but he isn't adam. ;)

D'oh!

:D

cutter
01-23-2003, 06:52 PM
i just dont want to see anyone else being lied to.

Serpent
01-23-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by cutter
i just dont want to see anyone else being lied to.

Great sentiment, but people will always be lied to.

Caveat emptor.

cutter
01-24-2003, 09:06 PM
that is true, but that doesn't mean that we must sit by idly if we know the truth about something.

Oldyela
01-25-2003, 08:25 PM
So must **** talking was going on the posts lost focus. What are the supposed lies being told?

Serpent
01-27-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by cutter
that is true, but that doesn't mean that we must sit by idly if we know the truth about something.

Of course, you're quite right. But there can be different truths for different people.

tnwingtsun
01-27-2003, 04:50 PM
"that is true, but that doesn't mean that we must sit by idly if we know the truth about something."

That goes both ways.

Your truth.

Never forget,Masons watch their own.

cutter
01-27-2003, 09:23 PM
".....there can be different truths for different people."

i understand what you are saying, but if i post online, stirring up trouble, saying that my name is john smith when it is really jack jones, and then deny my real name when confronted,then the "different truth" idea doesn't apply.

some things simply are true, whether you believe them or not.

Serpent
01-27-2003, 09:34 PM
Fair enough. There are always exceptions and such.

Oldyela
01-28-2003, 09:25 PM
i understand what you are saying, but if i post online, stirring up trouble, saying that my name is john smith when it is really jack jones, and then deny my real name when confronted,then the "different truth" idea doesn't apply

The problem with this theory is there is no way to prove they are actually jack if they say they are john. Some think jack is jack and some think jack is john and yet others think jack someone is pretending to be john. There is no real means of verify who posts anything. Hell there are even ways of posting using the "jack's" computer without him knowing. So in turn cutter is lieing if he states " i know jack" is really john. The only thing that can be verified is that cutter cant confirm if he really knows JACK!

cutter
01-28-2003, 11:22 PM
again, some things are true whether or not you choose to believe them.