PDA

View Full Version : Ford and Samantis

inic
01-16-2003, 08:49 AM
when are we gonna get together and workout sometime?
i'm dying to start running again, not sure if either of you are runners. i would like to get together with you guys like once a month and workout for 4-5 hours or something

Ford Prefect
01-16-2003, 11:54 AM
Hey bud,

Winter isn't really a good time for me. As per the whole year, I'm pretty busy on week nights, but on weekends I'm either with the lady or exploring my new-found passion for snowboarding. Finally gettin my own board this Friday and hittin the slopes up north! Really anytime during the year, my only real free day is Sunday, so if you want to hook up on a nice spring Sunday, then I'm down!

SaMantis
01-16-2003, 08:35 PM
yeah, I hate to wuss out, but right now I'm only making it to class one day a week ... mostly just work out at home in 15-minute increments.

Running is somewhere down the road for me. When does it warm up in Boston? July? ;)

yenhoi
01-16-2003, 08:41 PM
2 *****s i c

yu shan
01-16-2003, 11:33 PM
SaM

What do you think of the work-outs at Rosens School? I didn`t think so much of what goes on there, probably a regional thing! Folks in Boston have zero for qualities, especially for the personal kind of thing. Cold people...why are you down to 1-time a week? Alot differant from Florida isn`t it?

Ford Prefect
01-17-2003, 07:36 AM
Hey SaM,

Don't worry. The latest the frigid cold can last is until late March or early April. This winter's been pretty mild though, so I can see it being consistently warm come March.

SaMantis
01-17-2003, 09:24 AM
yu shan,

I love the workouts, and the reason is the small class size. There's more individual attention, lots of work on the finer points of moves, and plenty of application. But it's true, Boston folks are extremely reserved -- that's true of the whole city, not just Wah Lum'ers. Everyone's nice, but they keep to themselves in general. Doesn't bother me, when I'm there to work out, I work out.

I'm down to 1 day a week right now because of work and I'm still rehabbing from an injury in November. And yeah, d a m n, it's cold.

Ford,

MILD -- LOL. :eek:

Ford Prefect
01-17-2003, 11:01 AM
Hehehe. Mild it is. We've had a little more snow than in recent years, but it hasn't been cold at all yet. Its wonderful when the temp is already in single digits before the wind chill.

Ford Prefect
01-20-2003, 10:50 AM
I spoke too soon. wind chill of -30 degrees tomorrow night. Yippee!