PDA

View Full Version : The silliness of posters on the SPM forum

SevenStar
01-17-2003, 03:33 PM
check out this email sent to me by Diamond Talons:

"You know ***** boy you got a lot of mouth & it's good you're Gene's **** boy as that's what you do best you know swallow ****. The invite is very real & very much on if you have any guts at all which being that you are a **** boy & backer of Si Fut is doubtful but then you are what you are a **** boy on a forum & nothing more okay ***** boy. You do BJJ no doubt Blow Job Jerk-Off & feel free to bring it on **** boy we don't roll we strike."

:rolleyes:

I guess I'm supposed to feel threatened. Ah well. I guess I'll act scared so he'll be happy...

MonkeySlap Too
01-17-2003, 03:55 PM
You need to ask yourself why these people feel so much hate. This goes far beyond wanting to prove a point into the realm of disturbing behavior.

It's a shame, because I've benefitted from knowing some SPM people. But, whoa, the paranoia and desire to let you think they have something special is just built right into the style.

Get over it. SPM is really cool, but it's no reason to be so consumed with vitriole.

Besides, you'd have to deal with Seven's mom n' law, and even I'm too smart to go there :D

dezhen2001
01-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Besides, you'd have to deal with Seven's mom n' law, and even I'm too smart to go there

a scary thought for anyone thinking about it huh? :eek:
to be honest, that whole thing is dissappointing as there was some good information there :(

dawood

SevenStar
01-17-2003, 06:52 PM
MSToo can tell you - she's crazy to say the least...

I agree, there was some good info there, but also alot of things that didn't belong there. If we can keep a good clean discussion, that would be excellent.

diego
01-17-2003, 08:58 PM
one thing i find sad not even in a tearjerking way is...4instance say two socalled wingchun sifu's hate each other and so do thier students...these guys will moan on and on how right they are...but the thing is who is you!!!?.

you aint yip man, bruce lee or leung jan etc "only used names of those deceased to be pc." You didnt make your style famous, crap we wouldnt even know of you let alone you having a platform to moan if the greats didnt make the style famous, and these ****s want to denigrate that fame with whatever marketing tools or whatever thier school is promoting this month

its like gollum from lord of the rings, will kill yourself for what you think is yours but you in actuality had nothing to do with its essence and in gollums case vs the powerfull ring...you moan to much so by gravitional laws of understanding you couldnt be of the essence that made the art great!, etcetc.

mantidsquasher
01-18-2003, 02:53 AM
Soooooo, you guys have finally woken up to the 'Plain Truth' about SPM eh? :D

No;)

Firstly, this is not and never has been "the SPM forum". It belongs to all members and can be viewed openly by the public.

Secondly, the 'debates' are not really about SPM at all but about a particular group of people who claim to represent one branch of one version of SPM: Lum-Wing-Fay's Jook-Lum. Sure, the names of other branches have been mentioned, but the 'arguments' have been about Jook-Lum.

It's unfair to suggest that the problems have been caused by 'SPM' people, they have not, just Jook-Lum types, and their 'Shadow' conscience;)

If you believe that its been bad here, its even worse off the forum. These issues have had a long history and have been caused by probably less than three key 'players', one of whom has instigated the vast majority of the problems in public. Hence the vitriol against him and his group on this forum, its his bad karma returning to him in his chosen medium of self promotion:D

Jook-Lum can be a good style, but like any other style it doesn't exist independently of its practitioners. Given a chance, many of these types will speak out and reveal themselves for what they are. This is a bad thing and a good thing. Initially its bad for the art, later, with some reflection, it can be good, as it requires something positive to be done about saving the arts reputation before the destructive elements succeed and obliterate any remaining respect the broader martial arts community may have for the Jook-Lum art.

It would be a simple matter to deal with the troublemakers, and it wouldn't require violence or threats. That though is the responsibility of the senior generation, and, if they won't do it, then they are culpable in the impending demise of their art.

The fact that they haven't thus far has left the field to middle generation types who it seems feel that they have no other option but to 'Squash' one-anothers reputation in public - to the general detriment of the whole art. Jook-Lum has become a 'Joke-Lump-Pie'.

To be fair though, the threat faced by the art as a whole from certain individuals is so great that something needed to be done, and so its more than understandable that things have gone the way that they have.

'Mantids' as a species, sadly reflect the very worst that martial artists are capable of in terms of power driven, self-agrandizing, lying, distorted, back-bitting ****

If you guys think that its gone too far, then you're way off the pace, it went too far years and years ago, and as 'moderators' you've done little to discourage it, repedtedly allowing it to reach moraly unacceptable levels before you do anything.

If you where serious about being "Mantidsquashers" you'd either delete the threads at the very first sign of trouble, or, you'd let them speak out freely, as no one will squash a mantid more effectively than a mantid will do to himself.

There are good Mantids out there, decent people, many of whom have been slandered and libelled with impunity on this forum - moderated by you. Some of them don't even have computer access and have never visited an internet forum in their lives. Yet, you have allowed them to be libelled by name - whilst calling others for 'revealing' the identities of posters without permission.
If people send e-mails then they identify themselves - that's more than fair enough, and that is what happened. But, to libel people who do not post, respectable people who have never caused a problem to anyone, and who have worked for years to promote the arts - that is bad, and its bad form for moderators to allow that to happen.

dezhen2001
01-18-2003, 05:14 AM
good coherent post :) im nothing to do with spm, but wing chun is just as bad for sure :D

dawood

count
01-18-2003, 07:36 AM
**** mantidsquasher, I thought you really talked like that. :D Good post though. SevenStar, watch your back when you get in the middle of these family feuds. It reminds me of the time I saw this man beating the **** out of his wife. When I finally got them apart this lady started beating the **** out of me from behind. No sense risking your own back over these internal squabbles that slip out into the public.

SevenStar
01-18-2003, 05:11 PM
wtf? I didn't have to re-read sentences to understand you!! :D

Originally posted by mantidsquasher
Soooooo, you guys have finally woken up to the 'Plain Truth' about SPM eh? :D

No;)

Firstly, this is not and never has been "the SPM forum". It belongs to all members and can be viewed openly by the public.

indeed. Since it's mainly filled with clf and spm postings though, I tend to refer to it as such.

Secondly, the 'debates' are not really about SPM at all but about a particular group of people who claim to represent one branch of one version of SPM: Lum-Wing-Fay's Jook-Lum. Sure, the names of other branches have been mentioned, but the 'arguments' have been about Jook-Lum.

It's unfair to suggest that the problems have been caused by 'SPM' people, they have not, just Jook-Lum types, and their 'Shadow' conscience;)

I agree there. I'm not calling out all spm guys by any means. Here recently, there are a select few that have caused some trouble, and those are the posts that are being cleaned up.

If you believe that its been bad here, its even worse off the forum. These issues have had a long history and have been caused by probably less than three key 'players', one of whom has instigated the vast majority of the problems in public. Hence the vitriol against him and his group on this forum, its his bad karma returning to him in his chosen medium of self promotion:D

Jook-Lum can be a good style, but like any other style it doesn't exist independently of its practitioners. Given a chance, many of these types will speak out and reveal themselves for what they are. This is a bad thing and a good thing. Initially its bad for the art, later, with some reflection, it can be good, as it requires something positive to be done about saving the arts reputation before the destructive elements succeed and obliterate any remaining respect the broader martial arts community may have for the Jook-Lum art.

can't we all just get along? :D

If you guys think that its gone too far, then you're way off the pace, it went too far years and years ago, and as 'moderators' you've done little to discourage it, repedtedly allowing it to reach moraly unacceptable levels before you do anything.

If you where serious about being "Mantidsquashers" you'd either delete the threads at the very first sign of trouble, or, you'd let them speak out freely, as no one will squash a mantid more effectively than a mantid will do to himself.

I've only been the forum bouncer for a little over a month. Before then, it wasn't watched much, which is why I'm here in the first place. Being that I'm more of a northern guy, when I saw the bickering, I had to let it build up for a minute because I don't know what the heck you are arguing about. I had to site back and watch, see who was who and what was what. I'm still not exactly sure, however, calling out identities without consent is wrong, especially when the wrong one is called, as has been done here.

There are good Mantids out there, decent people, many of whom have been slandered and libelled with impunity on this forum - moderated by you. Some of them don't even have computer access and have never visited an internet forum in their lives. Yet, you have allowed them to be libelled by name - whilst calling others for 'revealing' the identities of posters without permission.
If people send e-mails then they identify themselves - that's more than fair enough, and that is what happened. But, to libel people who do not post, respectable people who have never caused a problem to anyone, and who have worked for years to promote the arts - that is bad, and its bad form for moderators to allow that to happen.

and that's where you guys come in. You have a link at the bottom of the screen that says "report post to moderator" Peeps on the souther forum like to talk I've noticed. Consequently, I may not catch everything right off hand. When you notice something, click the report link.

If we all work together, we can clean up the forum and keep it running smoothly.

cutter
01-19-2003, 06:40 AM
if as much time was spent taining as talking crap, then imagine what a bunch of super-skilled dudes there'd be. it is quite sad that because of a few people's silliness, there are many who are ashamed to admit they practice spm.

needlefist
01-20-2003, 08:24 AM
Looks like you folks just done it to yourselves, and only you can put it right.

SevenStar
01-20-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by needlefist
Looks like you folks just done it to yourselves, and only you can put it right.

Actually, that's an introduction for the next order of business. If anyone know of any other threads that should be removed, please PM them to me.