PDA

View Full Version : To those that doubted Ford gained 30lbs in 10 weeks...

IronFist
01-18-2003, 03:46 PM
This is what I was looking for before but I couldn't find it.

Here's a guy who gained 35lbs in 15 days. (http://www.anabolicextreme.com/Anabolic/new_archives/anex_archive_issue69_AE.asp) Scroll down to the part about Jason Meuller.

:D

IronFist

Samurai Jack
01-18-2003, 05:24 PM
Wow! It's too bad the guy didn't also post a list of whatever pharmaceuticals he's on as well, so we could all enjoy similar gains. :eek:

IronFist
01-18-2003, 09:57 PM
Yeah, a lot of the people there use steroids. But at least they all admit it.

At his level and size, you have to to make that kind of gains. Besides, he was coming back from an injury so his body was probably hungry for nutrients and calories.

I'm not saying his case is the same as Ford's, I'm just saying that if it's posisble to gain 35lbs in 15 days, then it's definately possible to gain 30lbs in 10 weeks.

IronFist

WinterPalm
01-18-2003, 10:25 PM
Doesn't Ironmind have a program that claims you can add 30 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks?

Samurai Jack
01-19-2003, 01:19 AM
I was looking back through some old training logs after reading through Ford's post. I was able to pack on about twenty five pounds in four months in the summer of 2001. I ate an entire large pizza for dinner every night, and about two cups of cottage cheese as a snack between meals (three times daily).

I haven't had gains that good since. Still, I felt really bloated all the time, so I don't think I could do that and practice MA's seriously. On the other hand, I love pizza... hmmmm...

Anyhow, I guess I just assumed this was not an uncommon experience.

stubbs
01-19-2003, 04:50 AM
that jason meuller guy doesn't look and bigger. the only difference i can see between the two pics is that the second one he looks more like an oompa loompa and he's lost his socks. lol
________
Babi Mac Break Away (http://babimac.com/)

Souljah
01-19-2003, 05:20 AM
I really cant see why people would want to look like that.

Man it would be hard to wipe your ass when you pump up that big

:eek:

SevenStar
01-19-2003, 09:39 AM
he looks a little different. There's more definition in his back and legs - you can tell he added a little musculature. doesn't look like 30 lbs though...

abobo
01-19-2003, 10:23 AM
[
Originally posted by WinterPalm
Doesn't Ironmind have a program that claims you can add 30 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks?

That's the Super Squats (http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/) book by Randall J. Strossen. From what I understand, the program is basically 20 rep squats and a lot of whole milk and cheese. The 'thirty pounds of muscle claim' is a bit exaggerated, but most people who have reviewed the book say that they've gained weight.

The key to any mass building program is food, though. I did 20 rep squats for a month and only gained a few pounds.

On the other hand, over the holidays my workouts were limited to dynamic tension, rotator cuff work, and pull-ups. Still, I put on 12 pounds in less than 3 weeks. I'd wager that most of this was due to improved hand-to-mouth coordination. I had good food and nutritious shakes in front of me throughout the day. No whole milk though.

MonkeyBoy
01-19-2003, 11:21 AM
Sure it looks nice but:

What were the effects on their heart rates, blood pressure, red/white count, liver function, bilirubin, overall chemistry and bone density?

Is there ever really a substitute for hard work and time in. Don't new solutions always breed new problems.

"The punch comes from the heart."
Anom.

IronFist
01-19-2003, 12:36 PM
You guys have raised some good points. I will try to explain them.

stubbs said:
that jason meuller guy doesn't look and bigger. the only difference i can see between the two pics is that the second one he looks more like an oompa loompa and he's lost his socks. lol

Keep in mind that adding 30lbs to a 250 pound frame is different than adding 30lbs to a 150lb frame. If someone goes from 150-180, you will definately see a difference, especially if it is muscle.

In this case, I would be willing to bed that at least 10 of the pounds that Jason added is water weight, which isn't veyr noticable, especially when your bodyfat is kind of high to begin with (ie. you can't look "smooth" and "bloated" if you weren't ripped to begin with.)

Souljah said:
I really cant see why people would want to look like that.

Some people are just in to bodybuilding, I guess. Why do some chicks want to look anorexic?

wall said:
The Jason Meuller guy looks exactly the same except for a bit of pre-photo pump and a tan. And if I were him I'd worry about loosing the gut, not bulking....

Wall, hardcore bodybuilders do not going around looking ripped throughout the whole year. When in the off season, in order to add as much muscle as possible while bulking up, they must also add a lot of fat. It's simple biology that the body cannot add muscle without adding fat. Then, when contest time comes, they diet off the fat while maintaining as much muscle as possible.

If they try to stay lean all year round, they might add 5lbs of muscle per year. If they bulk up properly, they might gain 50lbs in a year, and then diet off 25lbs of fat and show up on stage with 25 more pounds of muscle, instead of just 5.

The Grendel guy, well you can't even tell if it's him.

Quite often, steroid users are hesistant to put their face online. A lot of times they block it out of the picture, or sometimes just crop it out, as in Grendel's case. It's the same guy. He's been on the boards for a while and has no reason to lie about his progress.

The Brent LeBlanc did loose fat and gain muscle, but check out the pin legs with "beach muscles", especially photo 3 is an example of all is wrong with most bodybuilding hobbyists, fake orange tan tiny speedoes and all.

**** you're a critic. I think he made excellent progress in that period of time. His quads aren't that small. You cited photo 3: maybe he just carries more of his fat in his stomach. You can see even in the last photo his abs are not quite in yet, so he's not down all the way. He was being trained by Jason via email (I think), so given the lack of in person instruction, I think his progress is even better.

You must be in some awesome shape to talk so much smack :D

Monkey Boy said:
What were the effects on their heart rates, blood pressure, red/white count, liver function, bilirubin, overall chemistry and bone density?

Heh, pro bodybuilders are some of the most unhealthy people in the world. Many of them cannot walk across stage without getting out of breath.

However, many of them are regularly monitored by their doctors, especially while on steroids, to help keep everything healthy.

Bodybuilding is about looking huge, not being healthy. It's not for everyone.

Is there ever really a substitute for hard work and time in. Don't new solutions always breed new problems.

Kind of. Once you reach your genetic potential, steroids can take you past that point. But of course this does breed new problems, as you mentioned.

IronFist

Rolling Elbow
01-19-2003, 12:50 PM
yeah but he is still an ugly b@4ta$d!! lol..i guess we usually associate a weight gain like that with a VISUAL gain. In this case he looks a bit better but not 30 pounds better. He definitely has more muscle and is probably retaining mucho water so there is a contributing factor to the 30 pounds. You are not going to get girls looking like that though!

dezhen2001
01-19-2003, 01:05 PM
for once im glad im an hard gainer :)

dawood

ElPietro
01-21-2003, 09:09 AM
Those pics of Mueller look like BS. I don't think he gained a pound. Every part of his body looks the same dimension-wise. The only differences are, in the before pics he is relaxed with shoulders forward, in the after pics, he is flexed, and has shoulder pulled back to bring out his traps, and he's also shaved the bit of body hair he has, and gotten a tan which will also emphasize the muscle he already has.

In 15 days if you gain 35 lbs, you better bet 90% of that weight gain will be water weight. Even with all the anabolics in the world you won't get gains like that right away. Maybe in a year. Again, I'm talking about muscle gains, not bodymass gains.

But anyway, those pics look unchanged, despite him being 250lbs.

IronFist
01-21-2003, 11:15 AM
Maybe if I get bored enough I'll photochop one image over the other one and see what difference there is, if any.

But I have to wait until I'm at home to do that.

ElPietro, I agree that most of it is probably water weight, but I don't really think he has any reason to lie, either.

Did you read the article where he talks about how he hurt himself? He took pictures of his arm after he ruptured the triceps tendon. Yuck.

IronFist

Arhat of Fury
01-21-2003, 11:34 AM
Iron, he does look a little bigger, not 30lbs bigger but I have to ask, Did you question the source. "Anabolic Extreme" I went to their site once or twice and now I get emails constantly about buying steroids online. Doesnt sound like sound research to me.

On another note, we gathered that because ford wasnt a religous lifter in fact only lifted serious for short spurts once or twice as well as his body was deficient in weight, I rendered that his gains would be possible because of initial shock to "any" program as well as his body was gaining weight back that he already had at one time before he became ill.
Someone that is a veteran at lifting could not make those gains naturally, i guarantee it

Respects,

AOF

IronFist
01-21-2003, 10:35 PM
I know they couldn't make those naturally. I never said he was natural. He even has articles about his steroid use :)

IronFist