PDA

View Full Version : Interview w/ Gin Foon Mark

MaFuYee
09-18-2000, 11:58 PM
Interview with Master Mark (http://hometown.aol.com/martyeisen/mantis/Interview.htm)

Modern vs. Classical Kung Fu

T A F K A T
09-19-2000, 05:02 AM
cool read. I'd love to have a conversation with this man.

yumyang
09-19-2000, 01:27 PM
i read mr foon interview and must say it is very good. he talk about old training and the way things use to be. people dont train like this anymore. people can still learn good arts if they find good teacher. there is still good teacher left and if student have time and money he can find them and train. some of the training he talk of is not useful anymore. we can not avoid bullets and either can he. this is what happen to some of the master in the boxer rebellion, they were told they could avoid bullet. some good system were lost altogether cause they were sold some of these types of training. spm has quit a few good teacher left. they are in this country and not. if you find them you have to convince them to train you. this may be more difficult then learning system. when someone claim they have the whole system usally they dont. whole system takes a life time to learn and would require studying a few of the hakka shorthand arts. you have to blend them together and then you will understand this system. somegood parts of the system are lost in only one faction of this art. it was lost for political and personal reasons. you must be able to study and blend these short hand arts and then you will learn where they come from. in my country the good ones have studies a few of the short hand arts but they will tell you it is from there own part of the system. this is for sake of the there style and politics.all the masters no this.