PDA

View Full Version : Dim Mak - could anyone give me some info?

Souljah
01-20-2003, 09:08 AM
I know its about pressure points, but this is all I have been able to muster out of people I know in the ma's , can anyone give me any more info on it?
Practitioners, what do you actually practice during lessons?(exercises etc.)

fiercest tiger
01-20-2003, 03:24 PM
By practising your form with visualization and step sparring etc

All dim ma, dim yuet techniques are hidden and are explained in your forms.

from yin and yang, five elements, sup yee ma (12 meridians) centerlines, blood and chi, charkras, saam sup luk say yuet 36 death points, pain points, paralizing points, unconscousness points. etc and much more!!

what style you practise?

use emotional content and use visualization when doing the form mapping out the points angles and directions etc.

hope that helps?

FT:)

No_Know
01-20-2003, 04:02 PM
Touching the hand makes the tummy hurt...it's about pl;aces On the body, as marks for gages that affect Other areas, within the body.

Pressure points is merely touch there, hurt there. Dim mak is touch there, hurt somewhere else.

Souljah
01-20-2003, 05:43 PM
FT

I practice R.E.I kung fu (a family style, the r.e.i stands for something but cant get it out of teacher), its a mixture of the 3 main internal styles and a few external.

I get what you mean about it being inside the forms. We do have this type of pressure point practice. But what I was wondering is, is it a seperate style on its own? Or just incorporated into most kung fu styles?

fiercest tiger
01-20-2003, 06:28 PM
Its more of an method of fighting using the bodies energy system and breaking down the health and life force of your enemy. Its purely to kill your oponent!

But you can apply it to most systems and movements during your form even if it isnt based on or made from pressure point knowledge. Just have to understand the TCM theorie etc.

later

David Jamieson
01-20-2003, 08:29 PM
well, we could tell you, but, we'd have to kill you after we told you :D

and killing is bad, umkay?

cheers

desertwingchun2
01-20-2003, 10:04 PM
Souljah - FT definetly knows his stuff. Take what he's given you and do some homework. Trust me, he gave you a lot to work with. I know I benefitted greatly from his knowledge and gained insights that helped me figure something out!
FT- Thanks again for your help with that triple warmer thing!!

-David

fiercest tiger
01-20-2003, 10:39 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR MATE!:)

Nah, your too nice, im still learning this stuff. Hows things with you? Have a safe new year etc?

desertwingchun2
01-21-2003, 01:11 AM
FT - Too nice?? Who me ?? :cool:
Thanks for the well wishes. New Years was great spent it with my kung fu family. Threw some stones in the water to bring in the new year! I'll e-mail you to let you know what I got from speaking with you. (don't wanna bore the forum)
How was your New Year?? Hope it was safe and you and yours had a blast!
Regards,
David

Souljah
01-21-2003, 02:33 AM
thanks for all the help guys.
DWC2 I'll take your advice. :)

Former castleva
01-21-2003, 03:28 AM
What exactly do you need to know?

fiercest tiger
01-21-2003, 06:10 PM
my new year was ok, my mother just made it through open heart surgery and went home the day after xmas so was a great present to her being alive. She died 4 times and brought her back after the by pass. close call!! But she is doing fine and healing very fast at home.

yes, i remember the email about the triple warmer etc. Its always good to help people.:)

The school is getting bigger and we are booked out with the lion and dragon dancing with shows this chinese new year.

"gung hei fut choy"
FT:D

desertwingchun2
01-21-2003, 11:28 PM
FT - Very good news to hear about your mom's recovery. When a loved one is so close to leaving us things can get rough. Thank goodness everything turned out the way it did !! I'm very happy for you and your family.

And with regards to the Chinese New Year .... Best of luck in your performances !!!!!!!!!!!!

-David