PDA

View Full Version : Hing Kung training

nitpik76
01-20-2003, 11:15 PM
I am interested in starting training in the art of hing kung. This lightness technique requires 10yrs. (worst case scenario) to master. Sadly, I have such time to spare. So with that said I would like to open up any and all legitimate and sceptical discussions regarding all aspects of the art. Validity and possibility of such feats involved with the technique are cool but lets keep in mind that the imagination is fragile and it is narrow mindedness that holds back the true practitioners. Keep your art alive!

My question regards the use of a 100lb. earthen vessel i.e. clay pot. I have checked for rainwater collection jars in 2 diff. languages and a bunch of other outlets from gardening stores and pottery shops, but cant find where to get one. Any ideas for a web search or something else. I am open to guesses even.

guohuen
01-21-2003, 10:55 AM
Sorry to hear you have spare time. Try a google search on terra cotta. I'm sure I've seen terra cotta planters in that size.

nitpik76
01-24-2003, 11:43 AM
Thanks Guohuen, hopefully this will turn up something useful. The term sounds familiar but file not found in my brain. I will soon be posting a description of the Hing Kung technique for those who are not familiar. It will include abilities and the actual training regiment involved. I am new as you know, so I apologize to the previous 44 viewers for the lack of interesting info. Peace, and may your Iron Palms never twist off a nipple.

StarBoy
01-24-2003, 08:13 PM
Sadly, I have such time to spare.

Did I miss something? How is lots of free time a bad thing?

dezhen2001
01-26-2003, 04:02 PM
may your Iron Palms never twist off a nipple.

that sentence just brought a smile to my face on a gloomy day - thanks! :)

What exactly do you mean by Hing Kung? i know of Qing Gong which is light body skill... but that happens gradually as you develop good qigong and MA skill... it makes your posture better, body become lighter as you are stronger and your mind/emotions in lighter spirits. my hard qigong develops this thru good training and practise, and im sure many good skills do also :)

dawood

nitpik76
01-26-2003, 06:28 PM
Fill a 100lb., big-bellied jar with water. Walk around the rim of the vessel until agile. Add weight to the body as you gradually increase weight and empty water from the jar. One would then move to a reed basket filled with rocks and follow the same. Then on to the sand path and rice paper, which involves one practicing movements on the path without shredding the paper. Finally, remove the paper and master leaving no prints in the sand, all while still increasing weight. The longer you train, the more vast the possibilities. "...like gravity ain't even got me pressed." NP.

IronFist
01-26-2003, 11:24 PM
Hey, isn't Akron, Ohio where Green Dragon Studios under John Allen is located? Are they still around?

IronFist

nitpik76
01-29-2003, 11:34 AM
Yes. The people who head Green Dragon learned martial arts from my sifu at Yee-Sing school of Quan Ying Do. (Grandmaster Feeman Ong was the founder). They do sign-ups in the halls of my university...like the army.

prana
02-02-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by dezhen2001

that sentence just brought a smile to my face on a gloomy day - thanks! :)

What exactly do you mean by Hing Kung? i know of Qing Gong which is light body skill... but that happens gradually as you develop good qigong and MA skill... it makes your posture better, body become lighter as you are stronger and your mind/emotions in lighter spirits. my hard qigong develops this thru good training and practise, and im sure many good skills do also :)

dawood

same word, just different dialect :)

dezhen2001
02-02-2003, 08:40 PM
those d.amn dialects again huh? :D
gong hei faat choi buddy :)

dawood

Serpent
02-02-2003, 10:44 PM
So what's the application of a skill like this? To leave no tracks? Fight in Bamboo like CTHD? Not taking the ****, genuinely interested in your motives.

dezhen2001
02-03-2003, 10:10 AM
well, healthy body, flexibility, good structure to support your weight = healthy person. person who wont get walking problems (hopefully) when older and has more energy to do everyday things.

nuff said imo.

dawood

Serpent
02-03-2003, 04:07 PM
But you can achieve all that without being able to walk on rice paper!

;)

nitpik76
02-04-2003, 07:48 PM
Prana, to answer your question, your quote sez it all.

Serpent, D2G1 is correct. I have knee and foot problems and nothing seems to help. Doctors get nothing on x-rays. It was mostly due to an injured leg, putting weight on the other, then injuring THAT leg, weight on the other and injuring the first one again. The circumstances under which each incident occurred couldn't be helped. CTHD is a good example but a cheesy application. I think of it's practicality, if I were to go rooftop hopping I'd catch a bullet in the back- or everybody curious or scared of the abilities such an advanced technique entails poking and prodding at me.

prana
02-04-2003, 08:28 PM
ooops

wrong person :)

morbicid
02-05-2003, 12:27 AM
I, also, am very intrigued just from reading about this hing kung style that you plan to master. That is awesome that you have that type of commitment. Unfortunately, I dont really have any idea where to find what you're looking for. Sorry. But good luck with the training!!!!

-I love you guys

nitpik76
02-10-2003, 10:19 AM
I first read about hing kung in "Kung Fu- History, Philosophy, and Technique" by David Chow and Richard Spangler.(Copywrite 1977 Unique Publications Inc. 4201 Vanowen Place, Burbank, CA 91505. It contains lost arts such as Red Sand Palm, Leaping, Speed-Running, Iron (skull, leg, forearm and fist), Water-Dividing, Dragon-claw, Jade Belt, One-finger Kung, Sand Bag Kung, Wall-Climbing, Bag Kung, Chi Kung, and Tsien Yin Kung (which hides a males weak zone...you know the one!)