PDA

View Full Version : Hun Gar masters

7kicks
09-22-2000, 08:00 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any info on these hung gar masters?

Master Li Jinheng
Master Wu Bin
Master Jerry cook

I posted a similar message on the kung fu forum, but I figured I might get more responses here since this is the southern board. I believe their lineage is of the southern Fukien origin, Tiger/Crane 5 animals.

illusionfist
09-22-2000, 10:54 PM
I didn't know that Li Jinheng and Wu Bin were hung gar masters. I thought they were wushu players, wu bin being Jet Li's coach and Li Jinheng being one of jet li's classmates (i think senior classmate). Am I wrong here?

Paul Skrypichayko
09-23-2000, 12:57 AM
Illusionfist is correct. Wu Bin is/was? the head coach of the Beijing Wushu team. Li Lianjie (Jet Li), Li Jinheng, and others are some of the wushu champions he trained.

Wu Bin, and some of his top students, are not just wushu experts; they are experts in traditional kung fu as well. Whether it's northern or southern kung fu, I'm not absolutely sure, but I think most likely it would be assorted northern kung fu, like cha quan, tong bei quan, pao quan, etc.

illusionfist
09-23-2000, 03:14 AM
So mantiz, how/where did you get the notion that they were hung gar masters?

Peace /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

7kicks
09-23-2000, 03:22 PM
I got the information from the Nan Bei Shaolin School. It gives their names as Masters of Northern Shaolin Longfist and Tiger-Crane Hung Gar. I have an oppurtunity to train with a sifu who has learned from them but I was not familiar with them. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

molum_jr
09-25-2000, 12:29 PM
Li, Jin-Heng was captain/team leader of the Beijing wushu team. He was one of two wushuist that taught the rope dart when he came over to the US to do a demo in the late seventies and early eighties.

Wu, Bin is famous (and a chain smoker). Take one look at this guy, and you wonder how this couch potato could have been the coach of the original Beijing wushu team. He has tremendous influence in Beijing. He is the Belli Karoyli(sp) of wushu. His understanding of motivating Jet Li; Yu, Shao-Wen; Li, Jin-Heng; Chou, Jing-Ping; Zhang, Hong-Mei; and many other original team members is legendary.