PDA

View Full Version : wing chun history part 2

byond1
01-21-2003, 06:11 PM
i didnt even get to comment before the thread was killed...no fair

jeremy---no time to respond in full...but
1)"where did robert learn about the 5 stages of combat?"

hhmmmm i know, i know.....from william cheung......the 5 stages of combat was a teaching devise that cheung sigung started using around the time of ym's death. it wasnt used by william origianlly ...david crook...learned from cheung sigung in the late 60.s when cheung sigung first moved to australia...and was taught traditionaly ym wc..with pigeon toed ygkym...in the mid 70's upon cheung sigungs return to austr4alia from h.k he started teaching twc .....there is a video tape with robert chu at a seminar learning from cheung sigung from the early 80's i beleive

2)"if ;you have a question for me, i may or may not answer. just because you ask, i dont owe you anything. i am not in your debt. when people behave immature and rude, my interest in sharing goes even lower""

wow---this blows me away---i dont know exactly what to say???i must assume that you are suggesting that i am acting immature and rude...or you would not have wriiten this to me.
thanks for "clairifying" that you may or may not answer my questions. again i think it was important that we both understand that you dont owe me anything.
i thought you had a passion for wc. that was my impression of you when we met. i thought you enjoyed conversation on such topics. as a senior member of the vtm...and the person i made contact with on my visists...i pose questions to you because i thought you could answer them and would do so honestly....

i dont understand something......the vtm has made some serious historical claims. such as that "all wc that uses the 3 form platform come from hfy", and the shaolin connection...as well as tan sao ng's importance in wc history. these historical claims could answer diffinitivly wing chuns history. or they might not. i dont know personally because the proof that backs up the vtms claims has never been made public. i have heard the reasons why this knowledge has never been released....never the proof. and i dont understand why. i have discussed this with you with an open heart. i have experianced in person hfy......so i would figure that any historical reasearch group would want to substantiate what there findings are...plane and simple....anything else is pointless or a game. the vtms findings when or if proven would revolutionize our thinking....this impact would be the greatest historical find in our history...why not share this? why isnt it public? museum research is made available to the public ..correct?.....ive even gone so far as to try to donate my personal time to the vtm staff helping around the museum for membership due to my limited $ currently..but got no responce.....my wanting to know what the vtms findings are and my questioning these findings ,is not bad. this is not an attack.....questions are not bad. i understand that not all people ask questions correctly....but that is to be expected...there are always bad apples.....just because there are some rude people out there doesnot mean a historical research museum should keep there findings private....that would be nuts
more later brian

byond1
01-21-2003, 06:21 PM
i would like to thank jeremy, rene, joy, terence and chango for posting....and taking time out of your day for a little conversation on wc.
perhaps someone would like to comment on any of the things i mentioned about what i think is our history or things contributing to our history
so.................history???/ so what is up with the southern shaolin temple? is it or is it not the southern shaolin temple? why is there a debate? i didnt read the article about it being unearthed...i was incogneto at the time.....
no one commented on the hung gar..hung fa say(?sp)---ygkym and a verticle punch....spooky

joy---if you look at the 5 ancestors first form and you compare it to weng chuns ---weng chun kuen form(weng chun 11 hands) you may see something interesting. almost the same movements are in the begining...i believe they both had a serious white crane influence