PDA

View Full Version : Tapering…

Suntzu
01-22-2003, 08:22 AM
Big competition coming up… how long?? What should be done?? What shouldn't be done??

Losttrak
01-22-2003, 08:29 AM
In respect to sparring: Do only general body conditioning a week before competition. The tecniques you have been learning during the past few weeks will be whats programmed into your head and you will have a limited set of reactions. Unlearn everything you have been practicing over the next week and return to spontaneity. I know it sounds weird but you must draw upon all you learned when you fight... not just your recent training. This helps that. My best fighting wasnt done when i was in the thick of training but when I had taken a month off. When i returned I was formless and had boundless spontaneity. This is because your mind has time to reorganize itself and to let the little particles of information to settle into a foundation. Trust me... maintain body conditioning but let your mind rest. Ironically, this is how to fight at a higher level.

Ford Prefect
01-22-2003, 08:29 AM
Don't hurt yourself. Stay healthy. Do beware of Greeks even when they come baring gifts.

rubthebuddha
01-22-2003, 02:56 PM
**** you ford. :mad:

sun tzu: got a "package" right here that has your name on it.

:D

(note: kidding on both ford and sun tzu; ford is a decent feller and, quite frankly, sun tzu ain't as cute as my girlfriend. :cool: )