PDA

View Full Version : i just cant stop...

Suntzu
01-22-2003, 01:11 PM
… snacking… I'm tryin to get back to my ring weight… what do they put in chocolate :confused:... it just be callin me… I was doing OK today… than somebody comes out with a plate FULL of brownies:mad:....I had me a nasty salad… I'm proud of myself… than BAMM :eek:... I couldn't resist… I even stashed a few to take home… I know I should toss 'em… but they're sooo good… soft too… I'm such a junkie :(... I cut down sucessfully before… it's hard… but this time its soooo hard… I'm going to workout 2nite… but still… I already cheated… might as well just hit rock bottom… just go over there and stuff myself… just end all the misery… I don’t deserve to make my weight... i'm doomed :( ...

SaMantis
01-22-2003, 01:27 PM
I feel your pain ... there's a table full of chocolate-chip muffins from this morning's staff meeting not 20 feet away from me. :(

I break down a lot, too. Getting rid of snacks is impossible for me so I'm trying to change what I snack on ... bringing fruit & carrots/celery to work. But dammm, chocolate is so good!

Don't give up, SunTzu. Write off what you already ate, throw out the leftover goodies and all the guilt with it. Just keep training and trying, you'll make it.

Suntzu
01-22-2003, 01:32 PM
throw out the leftover goodies and all the guilt with it. I ccccan't… they are toooo soft… I even took a blonde one with chips in 'em… normally they bring 'em out and they are already hard… so that wouldn't be a big deal… but today there are perfect… d@mn the devil and his cruel jokes… it seems that I am both a hardgainer and a hard loser...

premier
01-22-2003, 02:51 PM
Get hypnotized?

"Brownies are bad, M'kay?"

fa_jing
01-22-2003, 07:33 PM
I don't eat too much chocolate, not often at all - but my sisters sent me walnut fudge recently and I've been going buck wild for a couple weeks. It's gone now and I won't eat chocolate for another few months. I actually avoid it most of the time.

MonkeyBoy
01-22-2003, 10:36 PM
Make presents of the goodies you get.

Re-gift those suckers.

You'll win friends, influence people and look good while being selfish.

There are few opportunities in life where we can look good while being self serving.

Merryprankster
01-23-2003, 03:20 AM
Also, don't get obsessed by low fat foods. You had a salad--good. But did you use low fat dressing? Fats help foods digest slower, so you stay un-hungry longer. It's a trick I use and it works like a charm. Make your own dressing from olive oil and lemon juice or a little vinegar and mustard and olive oil, about 4 parts oil to one part acid. Liberally dress a great big salad and eat until fullish. Then grab some real food too :D

The craving for sweets diminishes.

Anyway, I'm just sying that my craving for bad stuff goes away when I'm satisfied with my other eating. I've been cutting weight for years so I've got some good tricks that work for ME.

Kempo Guy
01-23-2003, 09:09 AM
I agree with Merryprankster.
I used to be on a low-fat diet (about 20% of my diet was fat) and always had cravings and was constantly hungry. These days instead of low/no-fat dressing, cottage cheese, yoghurt etc. I use the regular variety (my fat intake now is more like 30% of my diet). It's true what they say about fat helping to satiate your appetite. You just need to watch your caloric intake that's all.

I'm personally not a sweet tooth to begin with, but when I do have some cravings I usually eat fruits/raisins. Plus my MRP (chocolate flavored Myoplex) tastes pretty good and helps with any chocolate type cravings I have.

KG

Rolling Elbow
01-23-2003, 08:28 PM
funny you should mention..,

today i was commenting on how i am lucky that i don't have an addiction like smoking that needs getting rid of. Then i tried going 2 days without chocolate...the result was taking in twice my regular dose today to "make up" for my "loss". It ain't gonna happen, especially if your gf is holding out on you!

woops, hope that wasn't too riskee' a comment.

David
01-24-2003, 04:33 AM
I haven't had a chocolate since April 2001!

That's because I went vegan. When someone near me eats that kind of thing, I savour the aroma (or sniff the discarded wrapper at my leisure ;) )

Occasionally I ABSOLUTELY NEED a fix and that's when I go to the health-food shop and buy a little cocoa-coated sesame snack. Little lifesavers, they are. I even prefer them to the famous brand stuff I used to eat (snickers et al).

I so want to eat a Black-Forest gateaux. ]sigh[

On fat, I actually take fat supplements in my diet - a 1g cap once or twice a day. Sounds strange, yeah...

-David

Ming Yue
01-24-2003, 07:41 AM
I cut back on sugary goodness just after putting on a couple of extra pounds of holiday pudge.

I noticed If I have very little processed sugar for a week or so I just about stop craving it - it gets easy to resist, anyway. I'm training more and have been eating 5 or 6 small, high protein meals a day, and that keeps me from snacking on bad stuff .

Although my boyfriend did make me french toast with butter and syrup for breakfast this morning, and it was delicious.

mmmmmm....french toast......

David
01-24-2003, 08:51 AM
That's a funny thing about the sugar. I've always had 2 sugars in hot drinks and always been a CocaCola fiend. I no longer even buy sugar and I can't even remember which year I had my last Coke.

I gave up the Coke cos it's sooo bad but I don't remember deciding to stop taking sugar. To be honest, I enjoy my tea less without sugar but I have no intention of adding any.

Which reminds me about salt. I usually have no salt on my food and eat it as it arrives on my plate, maybe with a big dollop of ketchup (good for the heart)... Salt was one of my favourite things. Now I don't enjoy the taste of food quite as much but still prefer the feeling I get from what I do eat.

Gah! I make no sense? And hijack threads.

-David

Ming Yue
01-24-2003, 09:09 AM
I know whatcha mean about feeling good about eating food that's good for you, even if it's not supremely delicious.
But I made some low-carb bread recently (10g of protein per slice, 2g of carbs) but it tasted like a kitchen sponge! It takes forever to chew. Ick.

I know it's good for me, but I just don't like it. It doesn't toast well, either.

maybe if I slather it in peanut butter....

Suntzu
01-24-2003, 10:18 AM
I'm tryin to force down a chocolate Power Bar…… it's just not the same… I'm glad some folks feel my pain…

Kempo Guy
01-24-2003, 01:00 PM
FWIW, I've read in a few articles that taking Glutamine as a supplement will reduce your sugar cravings...

StarBoy
01-24-2003, 04:47 PM
Have you ever heard of Scared Straight? It's that program where they send deliquent kids to prison to be yelled at by inmates saying that they're going to be made someones ***** if they don't clean up. Well, considering I haven't been able to seriously train in a little over a year and a half due to having moved away (temporarily) from my instructor and not having been able to find a decent one here. Therefore, I will be giving you the Scared Straight program for nutrition:

YOU LIKE THOSE BROWNIES, BOY!!! LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT BROWNIES!!! BROWNIES TURNED ME FROM 180 LBS. OF KUNG FU FEROCITY TO A 230 LBS. SACK OF SUMO!!! FORGET JUDO KID, THINK JELLO!!!

If that doesn't work, think of it this way. Your craving for brownies isn't in your stomach, it's in your head. You're playing mind games with a plate of brownies. What kind of martial artist are you if you let yourself be defeated by a plate of brownies?

Rory
01-25-2003, 05:42 PM
Ya know something that incredibly helped me was chocolate protien bars. It would satisfy my craving while being my lunch its great

Stacey
01-25-2003, 07:41 PM
How can you be a fighter if you can't even control your self?

You can't pick up something healthy instead of junk and you think you have what it takes to live a life of pain and sacrifice?

I have kung fu brothers who are fat and can fight, the difference is their fire and determination. They have already conquered their minds and they have the fighting spirit to do anything they want. Kick you in the head, jump kick like a movie star only without the aid of fast forward. If they are fat, they have speed like sumos and giant legs. They also have self control. Sammo Hung is a good example of this.

cutter
01-25-2003, 11:59 PM
a tried and rue method that works for me is the "free day". one day out of the week (usually saturday) i eat whatever i want in whatever quantiy i want. the rest of the time i eat healthy, balanced meals, mrps, & no junk food. the idea comes from the body-for-life program.when temptation comes, i remind myself that come saturday, it's ON!

David
01-27-2003, 04:35 AM
Loads of excellent ideas there.

It's true, your body won't do anything not sanctioned by the mind. The body is brave when the mind is brave - but collapses as soon as the mind loses it.

Having a free-day is a safety valve. Christians have the Sabbath, office-workers have the weekend. Drinkers have a dry day. Vegans have their pizzas (:o :eek: :D ). Day has the night. Awake has a sleep.

I'd be concerned about raising the amount of fear in the world with the prison-***** method. I reckon that can destroy a person... But, I guess if they're delinquent, it's not gonna freak em out of anything except bad habits...

-David

Suntzu
01-27-2003, 08:02 AM
LOL @ Star BOy and Stacey...