PDA

View Full Version : judge throws out lawsuit against mcdonald's

rubthebuddha
01-22-2003, 02:40 PM
in a victory for french fry fans everywhere, new york kids vs. mcdonald's (http://www.msnbc.com/news/862802.asp?0cv=CB10) was thrown out.

i'm not all that keen on fast food, but i don't feel sorry for anyone who blames mcdonald's for their obesity. no one ever told them they weren't allowed to do situps and eat carrots on their off days. :rolleyes:

guohuen
01-22-2003, 03:18 PM
What!!!!!!!!! Common sense rules for a change! What were the odds?

Hai_To
01-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Its about time that one of these frivolous lawsuits was thrown out of court. Hopefully these people will now have to take responsibility for their own actions.

rubthebuddha
01-22-2003, 05:47 PM
in america? good luck. this was probably just a fluke. the judge probably saw a few fat kids in the courtroom sitting next to hyooooge (but not hyooooge like sevenstar) parents and thought, "hm, methinks i detect a pattern here -- fat parents, fat kids. maybe the fries aren't at fault."

Hai_To
01-23-2003, 08:07 AM
RTB,

Actually you are right. From an article I just read in the NY Post, the judge left the door open for them to bring the suit again. He even gave them a roadmap of how to do it.

Nice to see judicial activism at work.

Ford Prefect
01-23-2003, 08:53 AM
People, lawyers, and our court system suck. There should be some kind of penalty for the plaitiff and lawyer filing a frivilous law suit that gets thrown out.

This just in:

NYC man shoots intruder after he broke into his home and attacked him after he was seen coming out of his kids bedroom. NYC man is facing a year in jail. Of course, the NYC man is in the Navy, has a clean record, and works another (2) job to support is family. The intruder was a career criminal. Yay, gun control radicals!

guohuen
01-23-2003, 09:16 AM
Time to dust off a little Mark Twain. "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress. Ah, but I repeat myself."

TzuChan
01-23-2003, 09:33 AM
Only in America, **** idiots giving me a bad name argh (law student)

fa_jing
01-23-2003, 11:06 AM
I still think the appetite stimulants that Fast-food chains put in their food is addictive, causes you to eat more, causes cravings, and is not clearly labelled as such. To me, the suit should not have been thrown out - it was valid.

Serpent
01-23-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by fa_jing
I still think the appetite stimulants that Fast-food chains put in their food is addictive, causes you to eat more, causes cravings, and is not clearly labelled as such. To me, the suit should not have been thrown out - it was valid.

That's the price you pay for eating sh!t like McDonald's in the first place. If you're a fat b@stard it's your fault and no one else's (not you fa_jing, I mean the universal 'You'). Get off your lazy arse and do something about it instead of trying to find someone to blame because you couldn't stop stuffing your fat, greasy face!

Aaarrggghhh!

Makes my blood boil!

Phew! That's better. Sorry about that. ;)

TaoBoy
01-23-2003, 03:54 PM
What?!

Now, we have to be responsible for our own choices and actions?

Unbelievable!!

;)

Laughing Cow
01-23-2003, 04:53 PM
Yeah, the judge left the door open for them to bring the suit again and bassically told them how to go about it too.

From what I read one of the Kids ate there DAILY for a few Years since age 6.
Either the Paretns didn't care about the Health of the Kid or simply got too much bucks.

Anybody read the other study about "super-sizing" meals at home too.
They talked that lots of people "super-size" to pay less, but than at home they also eat bigger meals as they are now getting used to an increased food intake.

Restaurants normally also server larger than normal meals.

Plus, they found that not many people can judge food portions like "1 serving of Veg or Pasta" anymore.

So the problem as I see it is only partly Fast food related.

StarBoy
01-23-2003, 05:05 PM
What is this?

Man, if people can't get justice for being fat from junkfood, then I guess I have no chance against with my lawsuit against Molson for getting me drunk... :D

Like most people, I was surprised that this lawsuit was thrown out of court, but I'm not surprised that it will probably be back in court before long.

It looks like the issue of parents not taking responsibility for their kids has hit an all new low. And I thought it was bad when they filed lawsuits againsts musicians...