PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a BJJ school in austin

TranSendze
01-22-2003, 07:20 PM
I am looking for a BJJ school in Austin. My background is about 6 months of Shaolin-Do, but I am looking for a school that is a more specific in its training.

Others schools I am looking into are Eastwind Training Hall and Kung Fu Exchange( 7* ) - any information on these schools would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

Chang Style Novice
01-22-2003, 08:59 PM
http://www.austinbjj.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=5

These guys are on Spicewood Springs. Don't know 'em myself, but they seem to have the right credentials.

joedoe
01-22-2003, 10:02 PM
OMG he said Shaolin-do !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Serpent
01-22-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
OMG he said Shaolin-do !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah. People are just so over it now that no-one jumped on that. Except you. Oh. And me now. ;)

SevenStar
01-22-2003, 11:31 PM
If shaolin do produces women like euler, I will no longer knock it :D

Tran, you'll love bjj

ewallace
01-23-2003, 07:20 AM
That Vandry school is probably your best bet up in Austin. I've also heard very good things about Eastwind, but I don't have any experience personally with either one. Good luck.

GGL
01-23-2003, 07:25 AM
I would go with Kung Fu Exchange.. Jeff Hughes is one of the better instructers around here.... course there is always Shuai Chiao :D

BIGtiny
01-23-2003, 12:52 PM
Does Mantis or Tiger appeal to certain body types? Tran is tall and thin or wiry :D, and I myself am not as tall but more muscular. Does Tiger style KF (East wind) or 7* Mantis (KFXchange) suite either of our body types more than the other? Does it really matter, other then personal preference? Now throw BJJ in the mix, and how does BJJ compare body type-wise? Thanks All!
-tiny

SanHeChuan
01-23-2003, 01:58 PM
My personal choce was east wind, but because it is a family style you can't continue your studies anywhere else. My only experience with the school is from my dad who studied under Grandmaster ling with Don finley.

but now i'm joining the marines so i'll have to find someplace else.