PDA

View Full Version : Want to fight with no rules?

Knifefighter
10-09-2001, 10:01 PM
If you don't fight in the cage because "there are too many rules", here's your chance to use almost all your techniques with almost no restricitons. The fights will be held October 28. They are looking for all kinds of styles including karate & kung fu.

Check out the link:

http://216.92.33.45/forum/Forum1/HTML/014464.html

Mr. Nemo
10-09-2001, 10:03 PM
"The next bare-knuckle fight club will be on Sept 28th in the Chino/chino hills area."

Huh? The guy says it's gonna be on sept. 28. Next year? Or is that a mistake?

"If you go to the ground and get guard you are stood up."

This is weird.

Watchman
10-09-2001, 10:06 PM
The "rule" regarding standing up the fighters if one of them is caught in the Guard should favor "standup fighters" more.

SLOWCHOKE included a link on the UG that had pics and footage from his last event.

Here is that link. (http://hbfightclub.com/newphotos/)

Watchman
10-09-2001, 10:07 PM
SLOWCHOKE corrected himself about the event date on the UG. It is, in fact, on Oct. 28th.

shaolinboxer
10-09-2001, 10:24 PM
And people were upset about backyard wrestling.

Insane.

"She ain't got no muscles in her teeth."
- Cat

Knifefighter
10-09-2001, 10:28 PM
Yeah, the standup rule will make the fight "more fair" for the standup guys who complain about the grapplers having the advantage.

Buhma
10-09-2001, 10:34 PM
I agree, no more "it's not fair!" whiners.

No more excuses! Any of you tough guys (cough cough Abel) Gonna show what your style can do?

<hr>
If ya ain't got the skills, I will take you out!

Tigerstyle
10-09-2001, 10:58 PM
The "stand up" rule for the guard obviously favors strikers!

What's this? Time limits?! No biting or eye gouging?! More ANTI-GRAPPLING rules! Those are obviously there because THEY KNOW strikers can't close to biting range while grapplers can, so they just outlaw it to HELP STRIKERS! And don't even get me started on the eye gouging.

Next thing you know, they're gonna take away pressure point attacks and small-joint manipulation...

SifuAbel
10-09-2001, 11:13 PM
Hello,

I am Kungfoolz. I am here today to admit that I am actually knifefighters alter ego. I have no real profile because I am the same whiney kid that posts as ten other people. I have no life, I am Bi-curious and get aroused by sweaty guys in spandex. I love leather too. If you were to see the real me , you would laugh. I'm really just 125 lbs and 6'2", I could slide between the cracks of a locked door. I apologize for being such a little turd.

Tigerstyle
10-09-2001, 11:17 PM
Hey, why does Kungfoolz have Abel's profile?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

SifuAbel
10-09-2001, 11:20 PM
:rolleyes:
You've got to be kidding..........

Buhma
10-09-2001, 11:24 PM
You suck Kungfoolz! I'll kick your a$$ too! Come to my school and my students and I will romp all over your pathetic little a$$.

Besides, even if you don't agree with my opinion...no reason to make fun of monkey style kung fu!

On a side note: As a master of Monkey kung fu, I do occasionally get a chubby from guys in spandex...I admit it, why can't you?
<hr>

SifuAbel
10-09-2001, 11:29 PM
Yes kungFoolz does suck.
And suck and suck and suck .

When do you come up for air?

Are you immortal?

sifuabel@yahoo.
com

Tigerstyle
10-09-2001, 11:33 PM
"You've got to be kidding.........."

Oh, sorry. I forgot to put this at the end of my earlier post: " ;) "

I thought people would get it...

Buhma
10-09-2001, 11:34 PM
You went too far! I mean the first suck was okay. I even could stand the second one... but three sucks in a row? You went over the line that time!

<hr>

SifuAbel
10-09-2001, 11:35 PM
ah! the importance of the smiley

Are you immortal?

sifuabel@yahoo.
com

Tigerstyle
10-09-2001, 11:36 PM
:)

gazza99
10-10-2001, 02:01 AM
As far as I knew this type of match was not legal?
According to the rules I can break someones neck but not gouge their eyes?? That makes no sense????

"Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong"-Dennis Miller
www.pressurepointfighting.com (http://www.pressurepointfighting.com)

Knifefighter
10-10-2001, 02:15 AM
I believe these are legal as long as there is no betting or spectator fee.
As far as breaking someone's neck, it's much, much harder than eye gouging. Eye gouging and biting are nasty, not so much because they end the fight, but because of the damage afterwards.
Have you ever seen someone try to break someone's neck and be successful? I've seen quite a few people try, but so far haven't seen anyone able to do it.k

Nutt'nhunny
10-10-2001, 02:50 AM
Yeah but what kind of a ****up would break another mans neck.

I have fought with NHB gloves, a cup and a mouthguard and nobody even throw elbow out of sympathy. I have seen one punch knockouts in the UFC but no standing elbows, they are simply too cruel. I think kung fu is one of the meanest systems out there. We have throws that involve grabbing the testicles, in fact, just about everything is geared for the neck, eyes, head and nuts. Still. I know kung fu and I have no problem with NHB as it is. A standup rule would make it more visually interesting. The fact is that a standup fighter should
a. Be rooted with punching and not easilly be taken down.
b. Be at least equal in throwing and standing grappling,
c. Be well versed on the ground to stand up out of the guard. Look at all those invincible techniques that sakuraba made to look stupid. The shoestring tackle can be nimbly stepped out of and then you can kick the guy in the head. If they can't stand up, tough luck

Arioch7
10-10-2001, 02:54 AM
Good point Honeysmacks.

Arioch7
10-10-2001, 02:56 AM
Knifefighter... you have seen several people try to snap a neck? I am impressed.

I wonder how our Special Operations guys can do it? They must be trained to go to the ground and snap the neck with thier thighs.

Knifefighter
10-10-2001, 02:59 AM
Elbows too cruel? Haven't you ever watched Muay Thai?

Arioch:
Yeah, lot's of guys think they can do it. I've seen several of them try it. I have actually seen someone break another guy's neck, but it was done with a wrestling suplex. Neck breaks happen, but they are **** hard to make happen on purpose.
Do you really think the special ops guys are running around snapping necks? You've watched too many movies. ª

[This message was edited by Knifefighter on 10-10-01 at 06:08 PM.]

gazza99
10-10-2001, 03:02 AM
The neck break thing was just to make a point. It seems ripping someones testicles off or crushing their throat would be worse than bitting? If your going to have a bloodsport type match why have any rules? You are giving people the opportuntity to kill one another, so why bother with 2 rules? That was my point......
Gary

"Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong"-Dennis Miller
www.pressurepointfighting.com (http://www.pressurepointfighting.com)

Arioch7
10-10-2001, 03:04 AM
No, they usually use knives.(For sentry removal.) :D However, they do train for this and I do not doubt thier ability.

With a helmut it is particularly easy. I have interacted with a few special forces people in my time and I can assure you that they do train in this. I can also assure you that I have no doubt that they could do this.

You find that hard to believe?

jimmy23
10-10-2001, 03:08 AM
I do. I have big strong guys twisting the heck out of my neck everytime I roll. Maybe if you surprise someone you can hurt em, but a conditioned fighter is going to be pretty hard to hurt this way.

"You guys have obviously never done any real fighting if you are mocking spitting"
Spinning Backfist

Knifefighter
10-10-2001, 03:21 AM
Arioch:
I've hung out with a few special ops guys. So far none of those guys have ever broken a neck or seen someone else do it. You might want to ask your buddies if any of them has actually done it. I tend to think it is one of those techs that works better in theory than in reality.

Gary:
Same with the throat crush. Although it is potentially fatal, I think it is easier said than done especially against a trained fighter who knows how to tuck his chin. As far as the nutz crush, I imagine most of the guys will show up wearing cups.
Biting is bad sheot. It usually doesn’t end the fight but makes a bloody mess, leaves nasty scars and big cosmetic surgery bills.

Arioch7
10-10-2001, 03:37 AM
You really dont think it is feasible to break someones neck? You train BJJ, right?

I find it difficult to believe that you do not have the knowledge to break a neck. You could simply grab someone with a throat choke and drop your weight down to the floor while twisting.

I am not talking about the "movie" type of grabbing the neck and twisitng.

Simply putting your knee in the small of the persons back and giving a sharp jerk would accomplish this, while you do what I describe above.

I am not speaking of a match, but just the possibility of breaking someones neck. Are you honestly telling me you do not think this is possible?

If someone grabs me in a choke hold by surprise and sticks thier knee in my back while twisting me down to the floor and putting thier weight behind it... my neck would break.

So either I need to learn some BJJ or I am light years ahead of you all.

I am not trying to antagonize you but I think I personally could easily break an unsuspecting persons neck.

In a match, I do not think I am good enough to do so(Nor would I want to.), but I am surprised that you do not think this is possible.

Arioch7
10-10-2001, 03:45 AM
Well, I think I will apoligize here because Knifefighters basic premise is correct. It is difficult to break a neck.

Also, as far as I know(Five years ago.), knife work is the preffered method.

However, I believe it is relatively easy to do a break. That was not the topic.

My thoughts were not entirely within the context of the thread itself. However, I hope you read the above and at least see the point I am trying to make.

Thats all.

Merryprankster
10-10-2001, 04:29 AM
I definately agree: It's difficult to break a neck.

You see more of those injuries in football than wrestling. If it was so easy to break somebody's neck, then you'd see a lot more of it than you do.

Can it be done? Yup.
Is it "simply a matter of (insert technique here?)" Nope.

CanadianBadAss
10-10-2001, 04:46 AM
if you're taller couldn't you just get them in choke hold from behind and lift there head up a bit and twist?

|) /- | | |
| / |_| |__

Xebsball
10-10-2001, 05:16 AM
When i want no rules, i sneak and attack people on the streets. And then i beat up the cops too. When they pull their guns i call them wussies why dont you fight like real men? They drop the guns and i kick their sorry asses.

Not really.

-------------------------
"You will never need to feel weak, helpless, indecisive, not fascinating or ashamed of your genital dimensions. GOOD-BYE Humiliation. Bullies, Karate Experts, Boxing Champions, traffic wardens will melt to pulp as you master every situation."
Master Deltoo
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/2477/