PDA

View Full Version : I Finally have Mantis Clip on Web Site

Dachengdao
01-23-2003, 02:57 PM
Hi Friends,
I put some footage of me doing Hao-style Plum Blossom on my website. It's speeded up a bit, I think, to save space (not to make me look faster...:D ) Anyway, you guys can take a look and let me know what you think. www.dcdkungfu.com

Losttrak
01-23-2003, 03:09 PM
ahhhhh! too fast!! Retinas burnt....

Dachengdao
01-23-2003, 04:06 PM
OK, I'll ask the web master to put it back to original speed even if some has to be cut. Thanks for your feed back!

Tainan Mantis
01-23-2003, 04:48 PM
You and your shrfu(?) are hitting each other with a kendo type stick, or that is what it looks like.

It looks like several blocks are done with the back of the hand or fingers, why is this?

Dachengdao
01-23-2003, 09:38 PM
Hi Tainen,
Good hearing from you! The clip illustrates Xingyi bamboo staff defense, which are the same techniques you would use against kicks and punches (deflect downward). If you are defending against a solid wood staff, you need to rotate the arm as well to prevent bone breakage. The other person in the tape is Grandmaster Li Tailiang who helped me go into business and who gave me his family's style Xingyi and Bagua teachings. The female in the clip is one of my top students, Andrea Wong...keep an eye out for her within the next year as I send her to competitions. She's sure to make a name for herself. The other student in the clip is "Big Li" Hao, who is top student to Master Li Tai Liang. His Xingyi is quite powerful.
Take care!
Wang

Tainan Mantis
01-24-2003, 12:39 AM
I didn't get to see the Mantis clip.
There are appears to be a problem.

Dachengdao
01-24-2003, 09:50 PM
OK it's back up, and is actually SLOWER than normal speed, but that's better than faster because now you can see more. Let me know what you think of this plum blossom style lan jie form.

baji-fist
01-28-2003, 02:04 PM
Dachengdao,

I can't access your site for some reason. I tried clicking the link on the page, but nothing.

Dachengdao
01-28-2003, 03:33 PM
Thanks Baji fist! I think the problem has been resolved once and for all.

Shadowboxer
01-28-2003, 03:53 PM
I tried to look as well but the site is down for an hour Geocities says. I'll try again later.

B.Tunks
01-29-2003, 04:47 PM
Hello.

I visited your site and watched the clip, very nice! Hao Jia Tanglang Quan is excellent and you perform it very well. I remember you from the Qingdao competition in 1999, nide Tanglang Jian ye hao jile!
Brendan Tunks

Dachengdao
01-30-2003, 09:30 PM
Hi Brendan,
Yes I remember you well!!! How are you? I just took a look at your website...very nice! You were definately robbed of the San Da gold, but you know how it is in China...can't let a foreignor win. I'm sorry about that, but I speak the truth....you're San Da was #1 and no one can say otherwise. Do you ever make it out to the states? I'd love for you to be my guest at my school. Keep in touch!

B.Tunks
01-31-2003, 07:22 PM
Wang Ge,

Thanks very much for your encouragement. I think I didnt fight too smartly, I was told by my coach that I would have to knock my opponent out cold if I wanted to win. His head was just too hard, ha ha. I think I lost a lot of points from kicking him in the head on his way towards the ground after a throw. Besides that he was very smart with his evasive tactics and managed to push me clearly out of the ring once in the first round. Although I was very dissapointed at the time, it was a good experience for me. It was the first time in my life I lost and it really put me in my place!
When I do finally make it to the states again, I will certainly look you up. You are most welcome to be my guest in Australia any time!
If you dont mind I will contact you privately soon so we can talk a little more.
Good to hear from you,
Brendan Tunks (Bai Renda)