PDA

View Full Version : Lau Gar clubs in London

Sasha
01-23-2003, 03:42 PM
I finally found another guy at my uni who trains this style, though not to a very advanced degree (he knows some of the syllabus, but has never graded). He said he lives in Ilford, London, and his teacher is only first degree, and only has time to teach once a week, and the classes tend to be quite big, so he hasn't been learning much.

Do any of you know of any other guys who teach that style in and around that area (the best I could come up with was Wez Lucas in Watford, but I have a suspicion he only teaches kickboxing, and it's too far away anyway, really). I'm kinda excited to have actually met someone else who does the style, so I want to help him out if I can... Any suggestions? I want as many as possible if there's any choice, so he can make up his own mind...

Colin
01-26-2003, 05:02 AM
Hi Sasha,

Have a look at www.laugar.org.uk
Get my number and give me a call.
I'm only 3 miles from Ilford.

The guy teaching in Ilford, I believe is a student of Stan Brown Sifu. So there should be no problem with the quality of the training.
I don't see that being a first degree should be any problem, as most of the syllabus after 1st is weapons anyway.

As for the class in Watford. You are correct in your suspicion about the kickboxing. The guy is a student of Kevin Brewerton, so the KB training should be good, but if you want traditional lau Gar you won't find it there!

Souljah
01-27-2003, 08:29 AM
Colin, I've sent someone to come to you club because its near her house. hope this is ok.

-greg

Colin
01-29-2003, 07:41 AM
Hi Greg,
No problem mate!

Could you drop me an email, or give me a call with her info. As I like to know a few details. (numbers on my web site)

cheers
Colin...............
http://www.laugar.org.uk