PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone trained iron head kung?

09-27-2000, 02:24 PM
im interested to see if this is still being taught, and what type of training it involves...

wisdom mind
09-27-2000, 04:08 PM
i trained in iron head for a while.
it involves light tapping of the head with bunched up chopsticks. then using suspended sand bags to get used to striking an object, then onto cement blocks.

i discontinued the practice when i began another system.

09-27-2000, 11:51 PM
wisdom mind thanks for your post.

was that type of training worth it. did you get any side effects, head aches etc. i did head training but started with bags and pushing against a student, then with light tapping, then onto a wall. didnt really enjoy it...

thanks /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DrunkenMonkey
09-28-2000, 05:52 AM
Iron Head Kung Fu?! What are you gonna do? Run up to someone with a knife and head butt them?

Sounds worthless to me. Plus it can do some serious damage to your skull... Not to mention your brain.

Underaged Drunken Monkey

wisdom mind
09-28-2000, 04:47 PM
I also incorporated that standing on your head with no hands exercise for a long time, that I will still do as it is relaxing, but the hitting I stopped after learning about the side effects and the entrance by me into a new system, that has a kill move for iron head.

The training was I think, worth it as I have had objects or persons hit me with no real effect or change in dispositon, and I can relax in the headstand for a long time. I breakdance also, so this exercise helped me with headspin variations.

If you just want to break things, then the good palm will do you fine, or if you have it already do your shins or elbow/forearm so you that can add when you are 70 (unless you are 70 now) /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I know each one is different but if you are Pak Mei family, you shouldn't need any of the Iron Body at all...

[This message was edited by wisdom mind on 09-29-00 at 09:52 AM.]

[This message was edited by wisdom mind on 09-29-00 at 09:53 AM.]

09-28-2000, 11:32 PM
wisdommind- iron body training, be it foreares, shines, head, palms are trained in mantis,dragon, pak mei.
why dont you think pak mei kung fu doesnt need iron body. (interested) /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif