PDA

View Full Version : Need some Choy Li Fut help.. please?

Scott
12-13-2000, 07:39 AM
Hey everyone =) Here's my situation and my desperate plee for help ;) I have to learn this Choy Lay Fut set, Small Plum Blossom, by Chinese New Year, and I suck at Choy Lay Fut (i'm a wing chun guy, I am learning this because it looks impressive.. I Have to present it in front of a crowd, though) so the learning is coming very slow. Could anyone please list the moves for me, so that I can read over it during school to get it down? I don't know the names of any of the moves, so I am having a hard time doing this.. I actually don't know any of the chinese names either =P I know this is asking alot, so if you don't feel up to it, don't feel bad ;)

Many thanks,
Scott

"You have to consider the possibility that god does not like you; he never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. It is not until we have lost everything that we can do anything."

Gwa Sow Chop
12-13-2000, 06:49 PM
Hey Scott;
The problem is that there are two well known versions of the Siu Moi fah in Clf......
Depending on the lineage.
I know them both, but they are not at all similar.
How does the form begin?

Scott
12-13-2000, 09:09 PM
Thank you =)

It starts feet together, back straight, hands out fingers extended.. Next move is they come in, then you take a step forward and punch with two inverted fists

That help? =) Thank you!

-Scott

"You have to consider the possibility that god does not like you; he never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. It is not until we have lost everything that we can do anything."

kookyguy
12-17-2000, 12:13 AM
If this is the case just ask Shane to write the moves down for you :)