PDA

View Full Version : Got white crane ?

Hsanto
01-25-2003, 11:54 AM
Got White Crane from Fujian in your Wing Chun Kuen?
Yes? No? Why Yes? why no? where is it? what is it?

Do you do Tan Sau? what is that?

Can Tan Sau ---- the omni super technic?
If yes then why white White CRane need 5 element hands instead of just keep the one element ----- water element ---- the fliping hand....

Where did Tan Sau Ng learn his Tan Sau? since tan sau is water element hand of White Crane from Fujian Evegreen area.

byond1
01-29-2003, 04:43 PM
hendrik sifu---im reading over my notes from my weng chun white crane studies.....and will post soon......could you tell me a bit more about the sun fist punching method of the white crane system you are familiar with? as well as more about the 5 element hands......
i dont understand what you mean "why white crane need 5 elements hands instead of just keep[ that one element--water hand"

im confused about cho wck----in the book complete wc by rene and robert...it talks about nanyang wc......they have slt,ck, and bj..as well as fakune and siu da...not just the 4 section slt ???????
i have heard that either cheong bo way or yip kin taught slt which was called siu fa tao , heaven and earth harmony chum kiu, and internal ? biu tze....again the 3 sets......im confused.....

anerlich
01-29-2003, 05:00 PM
No, but there rebuilding a petrol station across the road and I got white bulldozer.

:D

Hsanto
01-29-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by byond1

im confused about cho wck----in the book complete wc by rene and robert...it talks about nanyang wc......they have slt,ck, and bj..as well as fakune and siu da...not just the 4 section slt ???????
i have heard that either cheong bo way or yip kin taught slt which was called siu fa tao , heaven and earth harmony chum kiu, and internal ? biu tze....again the 3 sets......im confused.....

Hi,

Good Question.

Since I am not the author of that book and know nothing about NANYANG WC. You need RENE to help.

Hendrik

Phil Redmond
01-29-2003, 06:34 PM
Yes,
Traditional Wing Chun has Snake, Crane and Fox.
PR

Phil Redmond
01-29-2003, 06:39 PM
The Tan, Bong, Gan are just like in White Crane. There was a book published in the 70's that showed the similarities. Also, I had friends that studied White Crane in Chinatown NYC. We were surprised at how our hands positions looked so much alike.
PR

Mckind13
01-29-2003, 10:01 PM
Phil,

The hands looked alike, what about the jing and methods of applying these hand shapes?

David

yenhoi
01-29-2003, 10:04 PM
I think i see all 5 elemental hands in wing chun.

so what?

:eek: