PDA

View Full Version : Pa fo Lein Wing Chun?

l@zylee
01-25-2003, 03:48 PM
Someone told me there was a rare style of WC called Pa Fo Lein i think? Can anyone tell me more about it, apparently it has more forms.........

btw if there are any WC practioners in the Derby/Nottingham area of the UK who fancy meeting up to do some chi sao/ sparring or any WC training get in touch......

lee

Nat from UK
02-04-2003, 06:04 AM
I spent some time with 3 generations of Pau Fau Lain masters in Hong Kong a while ago. I have some video footage of them playing chi sau and some forms.

Its quite different to the Wing Chun I practice but maintains the core elements of Wing Chun as I know them.

Derek Frearson of ITSWA in the UK has contact with the current "ambassador" of the style Sifu Man (Leo). I believe Sifu Man has conducted seminars in the form of residential summer camps in the UK for Sifu Freasons organisation.

Black and Blue on this forum has seen the footage i have, i beleive he was quite impressed.

Nat from UK

black and blue
02-04-2003, 07:06 AM
Nat,

As soon as I can get my training partners to get their act together and return some of my tapes (hint hint to any of them reading this), I PROMISE to repay the favour and send a couple of tapes your way in return (as discussed yonkes ago).

The footage of the three men in Hong Kong is very good indeed - like Nat says, it's VERY different in appearance to Yip Man Wing Chun, but at the same time not too different. The fundamentals are there. Some really beautiful work on the dummy shown.

If ever this lineage is showcased in the UK I would love to have a look 'up close'.

Having seen one of PFL forms, there seem to be a lots of micro-movements with hands and some very smooth and flowing stance changes and alteration in weight distribution.

Hungry for more!

:D