PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye

Buddha's Hand
01-26-2003, 08:17 AM
Here is a short story that summarizes quite well my feelings:

The Pomegranate

Once when I was living in the heart of a pomegranate, I heard a seed saying, “Someday I shall become a tree, and the wind will sing in my branches, and the sun will dance on my leaves, and I shall be strong and beautiful through all the seasons.”

Then another seed spoke and said, “When I was as young as you, I too held such views; but now that I can weigh and measure things, I see that my hopes were vain.”

And a third seed spoke also, “I see in us nothing that promises so great a future.”

And a fourth said, “But what a mockery our life would be, without a greater future!”

Said a fifth, “Why dispute what we shall be, when we know not even what we are.”

But a sixth replied, “Whatever we are, that we shall continue to be.”

And a seventh said, “I have such a clear idea how everything will be, but I cannot put it into words.”

Then an eighth spoke—and a ninth—and a tenth—and then many—until all were speaking, and I could distinguish nothing for the many voices.

And so I moved that very day into the heart of a quince, where the seeds are few and almost silent.

David Jamieson
01-26-2003, 08:57 AM
well, Is it your frustration with not being heard?

I find this place interesting for all the reasons you do not seem to like it.

What are we when we can't speak up and voice our views? How do we learn from each other when we dismiss it all as just noise?

mpo is that I should recognize where I falter and listening is an active exercise. Som people are wrong, some concur with my views and some are right even though my views don't concur.

Your parable speaks to those that would see no questions asked and no learning distributed other than their singular views.

without questioning, learning ceases.

cheers

ZIM
01-26-2003, 09:10 AM
An excellent, excellent story.

FWIW, I tend to believe that everyone's journey thru the arts is a personal one, not a social one. For some, this requires more solitude than for others.

I too, for whatever reason, find that too much interaction with those of my *own* art [in an online sense] tends to worsen my perfomance, atitude, morale, what have you. A distraction from the work, I think. So I "just say No".

Well, that's what I got from it. :)

Anyhow, not a frustration in not being heard, per se...? Good on you. :)

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-26-2003, 02:01 PM
just stab out your eyes so you don't have to read all the poo.

ill pleasure your new hole if you'll let me. squish squish

ZIM
01-26-2003, 02:46 PM
LMAO
:D

HuangKaiVun
01-26-2003, 06:44 PM
The world is not improved by crawling into a hole, nor is it run by cowards.

Merryprankster
01-26-2003, 06:59 PM
Ummm, who are you?

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-27-2003, 12:24 AM
he's the guy that raped my mother.

Mr Punch
01-27-2003, 01:03 AM
The pips are squeaking! Those whacky Canadians!

GDA is the Buddha's Navel!

HatstandKaiVun has just gained the title Master of the Non Sequitur!

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-27-2003, 01:04 AM
haha ...mat is stoned too.

Mr Punch
01-27-2003, 01:42 AM
Fraid not G. Haven't done any of that malarkey for many a moon.

This is reality!

Never quite matched anyone else's!

Maybe I was wrong, maybe you're the fluff in Buddha's navel...

apoweyn
01-27-2003, 08:26 AM
this analogy would work better for me if 1) the pomegranate seed known as buddha hand had ever said anything and 2) this wasn't a discussion forum. complaining that there are too many voices on a discussion forum is a bit counterintuitive.

that said, he left, which is really the only sensible course of action in that case.

stuart b.

Budokan
01-27-2003, 08:29 AM
So let's see...you're leaving because you live inside a pomegranate and you think you're a seed? Hm. Well, good luck with all those issues.....

Cody
01-27-2003, 10:25 AM
on reading the story.

Muteness guarantees nothing. maybe no need to express. maybe nothing to express. maybe numbness. maybe just another way of life. seeking the extremes, the limits, has its place, as long as you don't lose yourself in the process, in the extremes. Simply be. That's how I see it for me.
Given the story, I am surprised that you posted such a farewell. imo, it should not have been necessary. If you're here, you're here. If you're not, you're not. It should matter only to you, in this context. But, that's not so.
Everyone gets bored sometimes. Most have expectations that aren't met. If one Wishes to be "different," that is difficult enough without making an announcement.
Withdrawal from chatter is easy enough. Take care when withdrawing Further. That might be necessary at times, but not in the context you have given.

Cody

Qi dup
01-27-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Budokan
So let's see...you're leaving because you live inside a pomegranate and you think you're a seed? Hm. Well, good luck with all those issues.....

MightyB
01-27-2003, 10:42 AM
3 months and 25 posts. Shut the F___ up!

I hate these whining "screw you guys I'm going home" threads.
If I ever had to get a job where I actually had to work and had to quit the forum, I'd write the biggest whiner thread of them all!!!

IronFist
01-27-2003, 11:07 AM
Pomagranates can't talk. :rolleyes: :D

IronFist

Cody
01-27-2003, 11:40 AM
interesting.
I don't see a pom. seed or a quince seed, or being Of Either. The state of being is uncertain, except to wander and sample.

The disappointment leads to whining. It becomes distasteful when it feels like a bunch of perfect poodles kicking up dust with their hind legs after taking a dump. covering up their latest foray and going on to the next patch of pristine area, where the grass is or appears greener. And then, there's the possibility of a change in dog food.

Sir, we are all in this world, eating and dumping and chattering. Some are more quiet than others. Big deal. I don't think people like it when they are made to feel their efforts are less than yours. No one is forcing anyone to interact with someone who is not of interest. It would be better for you, imo, if you were to depart silently and return if you wished.
I know what you mean re noise filling space until there is nothing else. I refer to 3D life now, not here. Here, I can choose and reject and I can be rejected to. Up in your face, it's something to deal with, and maybe that's where your real difficulty is. I'm not making light of this factor. It's sometimes hard to find your place. Unless, one is diametrically opposed to someone else's behavior because it does harm, I would suggest a less judgmental stance.

The company is worth it. And frankly, I like it here.

Cody

Royal Dragon
01-27-2003, 11:52 AM
I just ate a Pomegranate :p

eulerfan
01-27-2003, 11:57 AM
RD, I think that means you'll never get to leave hell, now. Unless your mother controls the seasons and can pull some strings for you.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-27-2003, 12:00 PM
i dont even know what a pomegranate is. some type of fruit i imagine, but i dont do that stuff.

rogue
01-27-2003, 12:05 PM
mmmmmmm..... pomegranate.

I think Kurt Cobain used to tell that same story.

rogue
01-27-2003, 12:10 PM
What the heck is a quince? Isn't that English money of something?

red5angel
01-27-2003, 12:14 PM
If you guys were alot more nice these sensitive new age types would probably stick around longer......

Cody
01-27-2003, 01:04 PM
pomegranate. red peel. you eat only the seeds, or at least that's what I did. get the red juice on your clothes and it's all over. it's a great dye. I liked it as a child, but lost my taste for it. sweet and tart.

IronFist
01-27-2003, 01:36 PM
Royce would choke a pomagranate out.

IronFist

Xebsball
01-27-2003, 02:05 PM
you guys, do you think he could be lurking in the corner reading the replies to his thread? :cool:

Serpent
01-27-2003, 04:34 PM
Man, it cracks me up when these fukkwads turn up for a couple of weeks then b!tch about how screwed we all are and tell us how they're leaving. Who the hell is this guy anyway? Why do we care?

And yeah, of course he's still reading the replies. If his ego is big enough that he feels the need to post a thread telling us all that he's leaving, then he certainly couldn't ignore the discussion it might generate. In fact, he just created his own pomegranite (sp?) in order to complain about pomegranites.

Twat.

Serpent
01-27-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by red5angel
If you guys were alot more nice these sensitive new age types would probably stick around longer......

That's kinda why we're not nice, I guess. ;)

joedoe
01-27-2003, 05:52 PM
I'm a pomegranate. Granted, I am a fat pomegranate and that is why my KF sucks, not because I spend too much time on this forum listening to other pomegranates. :D

Serpent
01-27-2003, 06:02 PM
OK, just so that we're all on the same page here, please check the following (and note the correct spelling! ;) )

Pomegranate (http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/pomegranate.html)

:)

dezhen2001
01-27-2003, 06:24 PM
[rant]
hey dont knock KFO... its not ALL about kung fu man:mad:

think about it... if we didnt have the O/T threads joedoe would have to actually work - now how can he go and do that? :D i would have to actually do some study - which is unpossible (;))

generally i like coming here because it lifts my spirits and re-affirms my faith in human nature to screw sh|t up... the laughs and things that have happened here have helped me to get over a severe case of depression, so even if u didnt like it - it serves a purpose for others.

just my immediate thoughts,
dawood

[/rant off]

Serpent
01-27-2003, 06:55 PM
Oh great! KFO has reached a new low; we're now Dawood's group therapy!

:rolleyes:

:D

quiet man
01-28-2003, 02:18 AM
The worst thread in the world is dead!!!
Long live the new worst thread in the world!!!

... and it sucks gangrenous hairy sweaty unwiped hobo pomegranate.

Dawood is so right. If it wasn't for KCE and Serpent (among many others), there would be a lot less laughter in my life :D ;)

dezhen2001
01-28-2003, 02:55 AM
LOL serpent! :D i wasnt quite THAT bad! :mad: but KFO is really a pretty unique place full of crazy people.

dawood

KC Elbows
01-28-2003, 06:43 AM
Buddha Palm's post reminded me of something.

Once, when I was young, I was camping, and I got a tic on my ass. Not like a deer tic, but one of those little orange Missouri tics. On my ass.

Now, I could've just tried to pull the tic out, but it's head would've just popped off, and then I'd have tic head in my ass.

So I burned it off with a heated wire, and now I only have the tiniest scar on my ass to show for it.

Thanks for the reminder. Now get off of my ass.

ZIM
01-28-2003, 09:19 AM
Now if you could just get that pomegranate out of your a$$...

[i dont know if this counts or not...but didja see serpie's new tag??? that's where yer tick went...]

KC Elbows
01-28-2003, 09:37 AM
Why would I want the pomegranate out of my ass?:eek:

Listen man, just get your own pomegranate. Really. Anyway, you're better off if you start with a seed.

KC Elbows
01-28-2003, 09:39 AM
I mean, it's not like a gerbil.

Serpent
01-28-2003, 04:01 PM
Well, obviously! Gerbils don't grow from seeds.

KC Elbows
01-28-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
Well, obviously! Gerbils don't grow from seeds.

Who are you who is so wise in the ways of science?:D

Serpent
01-28-2003, 04:29 PM
No, just wise in the ways of gerbils... er, I mean, pomegranates.

Err... LOOK! It's Yoda!

*runs away*

Laughing Cow
01-28-2003, 04:31 PM
Gerbils + Duct-Tape = fun.

:D :D

MonkeyBoy
01-28-2003, 04:33 PM
You have Yoda in or on ass?

Serpent
01-28-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Laughing Cow
Gerbils + Duct-Tape = fun.

:D :D

New Bulletin:

Richard Gere Posts on KFO as Laughing Cow!

Serpent
01-28-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by MonkeyBoy
You have Yoda in or on ass?

Once more in English please?

dezhen2001
01-28-2003, 04:40 PM
what he said was: you have yoda in your own @ass :D

dawood

Serpent
01-28-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by dezhen2001
what he said was: you have yoda in your own @ass :D

dawood

:eek:

He can see from there?

dezhen2001
01-28-2003, 05:00 PM
have no idea, i was just translating :p

d@mn... your ass seems to be getting a lot of attention today... and its not even eulerfan spanking! :eek:

dawood

Serpent
01-28-2003, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I need some help here.

Eulerfan, come and protect my ass!

eulerfan
01-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Okay, people!!!! Put down the pomegranites and STEP AWAY FROM THE @SS!

Serpent
01-28-2003, 05:40 PM
Phew!

Thanks, euler; knew I could rely on you.

Now you guys go and find something else to amuse you, ok?