PDA

View Full Version : Interested in a report of today's Wing Chun meeting in SF (for Aelward and AndrewS...

Zhuge Liang
01-26-2003, 02:07 PM
Hi guys,

I've received noticed last night about the get-together today. I would have loved to come, but unfortunately I have to work. I hope some of my sihengs were able to make it. Anyway, I was interested, if either of you would be so kind, in a summary of the interesting things that happened. Impressions, ideas, thoughts, etc, etc. Hope it was fun!

Regards,
Zhuge Liang

aelward
01-26-2003, 04:24 PM
Sorry about the late notice, but I didn't get a confirmation about a time or place until yesterday afternoon.

Anyway, it was just five of us from different schools (Lo Man Kam, Ho Kam Min lineage, EBMAS, WT, Ken Chung), and I had the impression that most of us were tired from a previous night of partying. Even so, it was very nice to see and work out with AndrewS again-- he combines a challenging combination of size, speed, strength, structure, technical knowledge, medical know-how, full-contact experience, and touch of sadism (maybe even some masochism in there, too).

Basically, all we while I was there was chi sao, and the aforementioned AndrewS left multiple elbow marks on my head and chest. I believe they went out for Dim Sum later.

Speaking of which, we are arranging another cross-school get-together set for Saturday, February 15; place TBA.

Zhuge Liang
01-26-2003, 04:38 PM
Hi Aelward,

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me which one of my sihengs went so that I can interrogate him for more info? Thanks a bunch.

Regards,
Zhuge Liang

KenWingJitsu
01-26-2003, 06:58 PM
Heh Heh! yup, that's my Andrew.

aelward
01-27-2003, 04:03 PM
Hi ZGL, Juergen is the one who came.

AndrewS
01-27-2003, 11:30 PM
Hey John,

I just made it in the door after spending a night in Carmel. Thanks for the hospitality and forebearance on a weird morning. It was a pleasure to work with you again, and Juergen, for the first time. I'm still a bit rattled from the news I got that morning, and can't really focus to say more now.

Later,

Andrew