PDA

View Full Version : question to hungar people about wong fei hung

NorthernMantis
09-30-2000, 05:42 PM
I must admit that my knowledge on hung gar is limited.Sadly the only infor mation that I have gotten on hung gar was from magazines.

Anyway there's a question that I have.I have an issue of kungfu/qigong magazine specializing in southern history.In the magazine it stated that wong fei hung was doing a demonstration with his father ,wong key ying [sp?],when they were challenged by another master by his jealousy.It said that wong fei hung defeated the master and he was only 13!Is this true or exageration?

Also is it true that he learned the no shadow kick from someone else?I can't remember his name at the moment though.Thanks in advance.

bean curd
10-01-2000, 05:25 AM
nothern mantis,

it is said that wong fei hung did indeed defeat another sifu who challenged his father wong kei ying. wong kei ying saying he could fight his son first who was at this stage 13yrs.

the technique used by wong fei hung is ng lung ba gwa gwun (5th brother 8 diagram stick methods).

this was the start of wongs fei hungs name becoming known to the general public.

as to the mo ying guek, it is said that he learnt this from song ton fai, in an exchange of methods learning.

hope this has helped

NorthernMantis
10-01-2000, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the info.