PDA

View Full Version : Help With Bruce Lee...please Peep

diego
01-26-2003, 09:28 PM
I have to right a descriptive piece on bruce for my english class, and need general opinions on bruce, so i can better decide how i want to go about describing bruce. This is due tommorrow morning, and will prolly only be online for a half hour orso. So, if those online would give me a sentence or two describing thier first impressions on what they like about bruce lee's charachter and how he portrays himself etc, this would be so appreciatted!.

Obviously i know everything about bruce, and am working with the bio his wife wrote...i just need to write this so a martian who has never heard of bruce, would feel him as i and all his supporters & fans do.

It would be preferrable if your just getting into bruce for the first time, but on this board im sure me getting those opinions is unlikely as we all know bruce...i'm just trying to remember what my initial experiance of seeing the icon Bruce Lee was like and im having trouble, as i have fully researched him and my opinions are clouded by my own judgements on his charachter...So, i'm hoping yall can give me a better idea or at least something to work with, on a general level of why would the masses see bruce as great...seeing him for the first time

Basically, why is bruce lee cool to you...in no more then a paragraph!? :D

please help

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-26-2003, 09:30 PM
bruce lee's anus was shaped like a starfish.

dezhen2001
01-26-2003, 09:34 PM
bruce lee captured the vibrancy, energy and enthusiasm found in the martial arts.

done :D

dawood

Laughing Cow
01-26-2003, 09:36 PM
Bruce Lee was the first CMA that really marketed himself and his style in the west.

diego
01-26-2003, 09:42 PM
LC, thats the main focus for my paper...all the firsts bruce did, such as make the image of the chinaman respectable, and give all the short men of the world like gda the nutts to speak loud in public;) .

Dezhen:the vibrancy, energy and enthusiasm found in the martial arts....What did he do with this chi tho?...Why did he capture it? "pretend i dont no bruce lee...give me a complete sentence, not a fragment :)."

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-26-2003, 09:48 PM
.... i do suffer from short man's syndrom.

dezhen2001
01-26-2003, 09:59 PM
hehe no problems buddy :D

i think it was just his character and charisma... in the movies he was usually very quiet and didnt say much and then "BOOM!" when the sh|t hit the fan it was just an explosion of raw energy... no other word for it. it wasnt just the physical skills, just the expression of decisivness and clarity in the way he said and did things.

its hard to explain but i hope that helps? :)

dawood

diego
01-26-2003, 09:59 PM
Come on you guys...i'm prolly going to be online abit longer then i planned as im trying to find something for research, but

WHEN YOU FIRST SAW BRUCE WHAT WERE YOUR INITIAL IMPRESSIONS...Many would say HE KICKED ASS...Why

if you were to show enter the dragon to your son, and he said wow he seems pretty cool, then you asked him why...What would he say!?.

GDA, i know your verticaly challenged thats why i thought it was funny to write that:p

diego
01-26-2003, 10:08 PM
Dezhen thats the best i can sum it up...he displayed the grace and wit of a james bond and say carradines charachter of caine...but then he also displayed the sheer animal magnetism of watching gangscenes in a good mob flick...so your senses got all this crazy action...twenty dudes flying across the dojo...mixed with the good feeling of watching like a religious flick like a story of bhudda, or one who travels the land to teach right to those wrong, and right those who have been wronged...or someshiat:)

kinda like clint eastwood and scarface mixed into one

like you are wrong, you shouldnt do that it is improper....YALLL WANNA FUQ WIT ME...WYAAHHh...:)

The only thing i can think of in describing my first impressions of seeing bruce is, after watching ETD i would go in my rec room and start shadowboxing and catcalling...i guess "thinktyping-here!" thats what most would see...now i just have to figure out how to describe that so those reading would see this, without having seeing his flicks...orsomeshiat

dezhen2001
01-27-2003, 12:03 AM
good luck with your report man! saying as no one else replied i think u will need it! :D

...or someshiat:) sums it up nicely :cool:

dawood

diego
01-27-2003, 12:13 AM
nah this reports easy, i just wanted to give it as much integrity as possible...thier was mad peeps online when i posted this...wonder why they noah speak:mad:

:)

peace, gonna be up all night class is at 8...but i just woke up so im cool

Cheers Dez

Ghost

Repulsive Monkey
01-27-2003, 06:08 AM
That Bruce was a famous martial artist in the west and that he brought external CMA arts to a broader audience, and had a massive impact upon Hollywood from a cultural point of view.

MightyB
01-27-2003, 07:59 AM
Bruce Lee is an example of what focus and optimism can do. He had a goal and the desire to get there and you can really observe that energy and enthusiam through his movies, interviews, and writings.

You have to remember that he rose to popularity during the height of the Vietnam war. Not only that, but for the better part of the 20th century up to his time, the US was at war with some Asian country.

red5angel
01-27-2003, 08:01 AM
When I first saw him I was about 6 and I thought he was kick a$$. Now I think I could have taken him.

Souljah
01-27-2003, 08:23 AM
Well my first impression of him wasnt so good because I sat 'the big boss' and nearly cracked my ribs laughing when he punched the guy through the barn wall and he made a perfect outline. LMAO, I can always look back and laugh at that.

I know it was a very low budget film and I think he did do well to make it what it was with relatively no moey behind it and unskilled crew.
Now my view of Bruce I guess is that he was a key figure responsible for the popularisation and diversity of Martial arts available/practiced in the west today (I know its been said).

He helped bridge the gap and crossed the racial boundries which helped the general movement (not just martial arts).
And Im not only talking about the acceptance of orientals in the west but the acceptance of occidentals in the east.

Just my brief view though.

greg

Souljah
01-27-2003, 09:49 AM
It seems I have the death touch today

:( :(

dezhen2001
01-27-2003, 12:21 PM
impressive skill souljah :D
let us know how u did diego!

dawood

WinterPalm
01-27-2003, 05:52 PM
I too have heard that his anus was shaped like a starfish!!

diego
01-28-2003, 08:58 PM
Hey Dez...i donot did

only do!.:D

this is did:confused: :(

ONLY DO!.

:)

dezhen2001
01-29-2003, 12:50 AM
:confused:

sorry buddy... i didnt get what u meant... its far too early here and i need sleep :(

dawood

Souljah
01-29-2003, 01:57 AM
lmao, diego you sound like a confused yoda.

yea dez is right (yawn) terrible nights sleep but I guess i'll jus haver to try and catch up tonight :cool:

dezhen2001
01-29-2003, 03:14 AM
hehe, a street version of yoda though :D

dawood

diego
01-29-2003, 06:00 PM
LOL

Yo, Da phrase i was using was... dont look, FFEEELL....:cool:

:p

dezhen2001
01-29-2003, 06:08 PM
:eek: - mate there was no way in he|| i woulda got that LOL! :D

dawood

diego
01-29-2003, 09:48 PM
once more for reiteration sake: LOL

:p

Can-O-Bud
01-30-2003, 06:18 AM
If you want a good book on the life of Bruce Lee try "Fighting Spirit" by Bruce Thomas.

I just infished reading this book and its a good honest account of his life and training techniques. At the end it goes into more of his spiritual beliefs as well which are equally valid.

BTW, Bruce was not killed by the Triads or any other group.

diego
01-30-2003, 04:49 PM
Stumble that is actually a goodpoint...obviously you know the standard reason for bruces death was cerebal edema or swelling of the brain...But that is still curious about the triads...especialy with brandon...But like proving existence of god, until we die, that will prolly remain a mystery.

tho didnt bruce tell the triads to hump themself, on the set of ETD?.

diego
02-28-2003, 08:14 PM
hey stumble, is that books cover red and bruce is standing on the street topless praying and smiling?...ifso my buddy owns that and i havent read that in years:)..will check it out soon.

dont really have any thought running through my head on bruce right now as im at the library and just finished reading all the war threads and am about to jump to another forum ...:D so i'l send you an email over the weekend get back into lama discussions and all that.

i will try to get the book off my buddy to see what your saying (i know what your saying as ive fully researched bruce, but its still something to chat about;) )
peace

Former castleva
03-01-2003, 02:43 PM
I have read he was being a bit of a "big boss" in some film set,"Fists of fury" maybe?
Just to point out some negative stuff.

WinterPalm
03-01-2003, 05:28 PM
I heard Bruce Lee used to eat kittens for breakfast to condition his stomach and teach him to be able to feel no remorse. For these purposes, and because he ate a lot of steak, PETA had Bruce Lee assassinated.

"ALL HUMANS ARE NAZI'S TO ANIMALS."

Oso
03-16-2003, 05:18 PM
ninjas killed bruce