PDA

View Full Version : yoga is stupid hippy sh it.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-27-2003, 01:42 AM
though he would never claim to be adpet at it, my sifu seems to really like yoga and insist that we do a yogo set or two every day (roughly 10 - 20 minutes).

but i can never seem to stick with these sets longer than 2 - 3 weeks. i think it's boring a all hell and it quickly becomes my least favorate part of training at home (in the kwoon its actually a nice breather cause i get to lay down and sh it). since it's limited by the succubus i call a family, i feel that my time could be better spent.

after doing the sun salutation and a few others for a little while, i felt some very obvious novice benifits, but it didnt seem to motivate me any more. i would actually recommend yoga to anyone (especially an internal player), but can't manage to stay interested in it myself.

in overall fitness it makes sense, but i can actually feel a difference if i do some basic chigung before hitting the heavy bag where as i don't with yoga.

prana
01-27-2003, 03:58 AM
GDA

yeah its difficult to get the motivation to train something. but like pure qigong, its difficult to see results unless you keep at it. For most ppl, results can take up to a year....

I guess thats the reason most people cant learn proper "Siu Lum Quen"

:p :D

FatherDog
01-27-2003, 10:50 AM
...so is pot.

:D

red5angel
01-27-2003, 10:55 AM
do whatcha gotta do man. If yoga doesn't flip your switch don't bother with it unless your instructor absolutely insists on it. If your instructor insist on it then you have to decide how much you trust him/her. If they know what they are talking about, then they have to be making you do it for a reason.

IronFist
01-27-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by FatherDog
...so is pot.

own3d!

:D :D :D

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-27-2003, 12:02 PM
"...so is pot."

not if your smoking it out of a dead hippies skull. i think that kills the hippieness at least a little.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-27-2003, 12:04 PM
what benifits can yoga offer that qigong does not?

again im not denying any benifits ... i actually felt some in a novice sense ... but nothing i couldnt get from qigong and basic streatching.

eulerfan
01-27-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by guohuen
The sun salutation is pretty much what you said, beginners stuff. Get into the the asana cycles and pranayama for some serious benefits.

I concur. In my yoga classes, the sun salutations are our warm-up.

red5angel
01-27-2003, 12:07 PM
Just watch out for wearing the leotards and "Sweatin to the Yoga oldies."

Skarbromantis
01-27-2003, 12:56 PM
Yoda is not a hippy, why would you say this....oh Yoga sorry. :D

Skard1

IronFist
01-27-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
"...so is pot."

not if your smoking it out of a dead hippies skull. i think that kills the hippieness at least a little.

Right. No, wait. Doesn't smoking pot make you a hippy? So if you're smoking it out of a dead hippy's skull, wouldn't that be genocide? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hey GDA, did you ever check out Soilwork?

IronFist

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-27-2003, 03:14 PM
actually no ... but im gonna download some right now. things finally died down at the office and i got a minute to breath.

fa_jing
01-27-2003, 06:05 PM
Sun Salutation is where it's at to me. Indian wrestlers use it too.

I like to do at least 12, slowly. Takes about 20-25 minutes.

Chang Style Novice
01-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Frozen yoga is very tasty, even if it is stupid hippie ****. Still not as good as real ice cream, though.

Serpent
01-27-2003, 09:03 PM
Frozen yoga = stretching in the snow?

PHILBERT
01-28-2003, 08:42 AM
I like Yoga at my school. :D

fa_jing
01-28-2003, 09:25 AM
This thread reminds me of some footage I saw recently from the original Woodstock festival. Some skinny long-hair had rounded up a group of dishevled, drunk attendees and was conducting a Yoga class. You know, like lying down and lifting your head a little and doing the quick breathing, etc. As the camera panned around, most participants looked like they would rather be at home in bed, sleeping it off. So the guy points out, " What we are doing here is praciticing the beginning exercises of Kundalini Yoga. Hey, Yoga can produce the same effect as drugs. You ever like, sit cross-legged and smoke DMT? Well I have, and what you feel is this tremendous energy travelling up from the base of the spine to the brain. Well, these exercises are supposed to produce the same effect - at least that's what they tell me."

And Hippy bullsh!t Yoga was born.

Other interesting footage showed some people being directed in Tai Chi.

Martial arts was never the same, afterwards. :eek: :cool: