PDA

View Full Version : ot: gaming - Sickening losers

fa_jing
01-28-2003, 12:16 PM
http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/scitech/TechTV/techtv_everquestwidows030128.html

I mean, we all have our little weaknesses, even for this forum, but have some control, people! The computer does not controll you, you control the computer!

:rolleyes: :D :D

Braden
01-28-2003, 12:20 PM
I know a guy who quit his job back when that game came out, because he could make more money making powerful accounts there and then selling them to people.

Madness!

apoweyn
01-28-2003, 12:26 PM
The computer does not controll you, you control the computer!

that's not what my computer says.

oh. right.

red5angel
01-28-2003, 12:26 PM
Remember MUD's? Remember when they first came out? I know a guy who dropped out of high school after failing an entire semesters worth of classes because he couldn't tear himself away long enough to study and do his classwork.

fa_jing
01-28-2003, 12:52 PM
I probably shouldn't talk - once I played Civilization for 36 hours straight, with only 1.5 hours of sleep, played 6 straight games and finally beat the thing.

Then I played Might & Magic III for two weeks straight, about 14 hours a day, finally beat the thing, and proceeded to have a mild nervous breakdown.

Once after staying up all night playing Madden 2000, my friend who has seizure disorder (epilespy) went into convulsions. The guy also doesn't take care of himself and leads a questionable lifestyle. But you know what they say about those flashes....

Computer games are dangerous, man! Watch out for those suckers. Exercise your will.

Not to mention the new Game Boy Advance, also known as "Kiddie Crack"

Braden
01-28-2003, 12:55 PM
I mostly like Ghost Recon, America's Army, and Hitman 2. Though haven't been playing games at all recently.

Civilization was fun for a while... I swear catapaults rock that game though. Get to catapaults and then stop advancing and spam them out, you'll crush everyone every time.

fa_jing
01-28-2003, 01:02 PM
Braden: no way, I was never able to win without Gunpowder. Muskateers rule!

Losttrak
01-28-2003, 01:19 PM
I made $900 off my account after I played the highest level of Iksar on the Veeshan server... Even know a guy who paid over 2k for one. Yes I was an addict. Played for 21 hours straight then slept for 3 hours then played some more. Lol Funny thing is then I would go to a tournament and kick the **** outta peeps still... That was around the time i got burnt out lol. Didnt seem that the training mattered anymore... It wasnt that I was good... it was just that the competition sucked. *sigh*