PDA

View Full Version : Preying Mantis bugs For sale?

Royal Dragon
01-29-2003, 01:04 PM
Hey guys, I might be able to import a bunch of Preying mantis bugs, and I was thinking of selling them on all the forums.:D

I think these babys retail for $40, but considering the fact that we will be importing them direct from over seas, i'm sure I could chop that down quite a bit.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in buying some real live preying Mantises??

Chang Style Novice
01-29-2003, 01:47 PM
I'll trade you a colony of fire ants.

Oso
01-29-2003, 02:00 PM
RD, unless they are of a rare type of mantid you can get your
basic praying mantis from most gardening supply stores
pretty cheap because you can by the whole egg cluster.

I think they eat each other a lot as babies though.
not sure.

If you are getting some of the more exotic looking ones then
that would be cool.

I'll trade some racoons for them. or cats. got lot's of cats.

IronFist
01-29-2003, 02:50 PM
I've seen two or three in real life that I just happened to see. One was when I was walking back from class. It was just sitting there by the edge of the grass. This girl came up behind me and was like "ewww, step on it!" I was like "shut the **** up, *****!" and I turned around and backhanded her across the face.

Just kidding.

But this girl really did come up behind me and go "eww, step on it!" or something like that. I was like, "are you kidding?" Anyway, this mantis was 5 or 6" long and stepping on it would have made a big mess. Besides, I try not to kill bugs, anyway. So I made sure it got into the grass where it would be safe and then I went home.

IronFist

cogg
01-29-2003, 02:53 PM
What a beautiful story Iron Fist :D

red5angel
01-29-2003, 03:05 PM
I am in if you are talking the giant kind. I need a forty pounder for the local mutant league bug fights, my last one got ate by a ****roach (Although I think it was a rhinocerous beattle dressed to look like a roach...)

IronFist
01-30-2003, 12:40 AM
Royce would choke out a preying mantis.

IronFist

Royal Dragon
01-30-2003, 06:15 AM
LOL @ Royce!!

Yeah I think they are the huge African kind I'm going to sell them for 1/2 whatever they retail at. Plus shipping (overnight)

Budokan
01-30-2003, 09:16 AM
"The praying mantis has no defense against the frog." -- Rolls

NorthernMantis
01-30-2003, 06:34 PM
Not true there are mantises that eat birds and frogs.

Serpent
01-30-2003, 07:20 PM
Why in god's name are youlot talking about trading in Preying Mantises (Mantii?)

For pets or what?

You should come to Oz, man, you see them all over the gaff!