PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Ford Prefect

IronFist
01-29-2003, 06:34 PM
Hey :)

In light of recent discussions here, I thought you might enjoy this conversation between me and Pavel's board.

My favorite part is when Jim Robertson tells me "Unsolicited advice... When PT tells you something you probably ought to listen. "

Actually, the only part that's funny is, after reading my original thread, read the replies that start with Jim saying "A Better Idea." He tries to talk **** about me because a few weeks ago I posted a question there about rear delt isolation work.

I love the reaction you get when you mention "hypertrophy" or "isolation" on that board :D

Anyway, here's the thread. (http://www.dragondoor.com/cgi-bin/tpost.pl?smessage=166357&tpstate=training)

And then I'd like your input on my question, if you don't mind, but you can reply here.

IronFist

Disclaimer for Pavel's spies: I'm not insulting anyone or anything at Pavel's site. I just think the anti-hypertrophy, we hate bodybuilding attitude is a bit much.

Ford Prefect
01-30-2003, 08:54 AM
Hey man,

I hear ya. I catch the same flack over at the mma.tv conditioning board if I ever mention anything remotely related to bodybuilding. I actually saw that post over there and thought it was you. I just started posting there out of boardem yesterday. heh!

When I had Westside leading me through my routines, there were max effort days where they'd have me box squat before doing goodmornings. The thing would be to squat before dl'ing/gm'ing so that your lower-back isn't hosed before you squat.

abobo
01-30-2003, 09:24 AM
Nobody asked me, but I'd like to mention that deadlifts with the shrug bar cook my quads pretty well.

Ford Prefect
01-30-2003, 10:06 AM
Good point, abobo. They are one of my favorite variations of dl's. They don't hit the posterior chain as much though.

Lung Hu Pai
01-30-2003, 12:56 PM
Hey Ford, what name do you post under on the mma.tv board?