PDA

View Full Version : Don't mess with Texas

Black Jack
01-29-2003, 11:09 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/12403_state_intruderskilled.html

Talk about a scary scene. Hope those punks hurt a lot before taking a dirt nap.

Serpent
01-29-2003, 11:10 PM
Link's not working, dude.

Black Jack
01-29-2003, 11:14 PM
Should be fixed now.

Serpent
01-29-2003, 11:16 PM
Yeah, works now.

Wonder why one dude was dead in the garden. Did the homeowner follow him and kill him for good measure, do you think?

Chang Style Novice
01-29-2003, 11:18 PM
More likely he was able to drag his ass a few yards before collapsing and bleeding to death.

Serpent
01-29-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
More likely he was able to drag his ass a few yards before collapsing and bleeding to death.

Right. That would be a way better explanation.

Black Jack
01-29-2003, 11:20 PM
He could of taken fire inside the house and just made it outside before hitting the ground or the owner could of taken the fight to the yard where the gunplay ended in the garden.

Either way you play it, it is legally justified, and IMHO more than warranted.

Serpent
01-29-2003, 11:22 PM
Why is it legally justified or warranted if the homeowner took it outside?

Black Jack
01-29-2003, 11:41 PM
No one here has all the evidence, nor am I up on all of the firearm self defense laws of Texas, so I will give you my viewpoint.

1. Home-defense situations do not just end once a intruder goes through a outside door, your physical property extends beyond just that element, the danger zone does not cease to exist, which means every emergency situation has its own critical time frame, you have the fundamental right and duty to protect yourself and your loved ones from harm, judgement calls have to be made and that time frame is often a very personal thing, could the scumbag of ran out the door and fired through the windows, could he have continued to shoot at you from the garden, could he have circled around and restarted his assualt on you and your children.

2. From a strict and personal moral view. The animals got what was coming. This home envasion just ran into a family that had made a commitment to acknowledge there own survival instincts.

In other words they picked the wrong house.

Mr Punch
01-30-2003, 02:40 AM
Black Jack, I've missed you man.

You come out with all the same over-the-top psycho-paranoia stuff that Red5 and some others come out with, but it's too easy to disagree with some of those faint-hearts and you say it with such conviction... you know what ... I agree!!!:D

The guy knew they had weapons. He even got shot. He shot them. If he followed one of them outside and shot him... er, so what?

I don't agree with the Judge Dredd mentality, but this guy could quite easily have been about to come back to avenge his mate. Bye bye!

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-30-2003, 02:45 AM
death to texans!

err...wait they might have been mexicans.

death to mexicans!

but that sounds racist. fu ck it ...

death to everyone!

Mr Punch
01-30-2003, 03:10 AM
Ahhh, the best martial art...

Kendo.

the way of Killing Everyone Now!

OdderMensch
01-30-2003, 03:42 AM
a Law oficer told my dad when we moved to Texas that it was OK to shoot people inside your house at night. My dad aske dwhat if he shot em in the doorway so they were halfway outside?

"drag 'em in before you call the cops" he said! :D