PDA

View Full Version : O.T.: Irony

MightyB
01-30-2003, 06:54 AM
World politics are just too funny. (http://news.yahoo.com/fc?tmpl=fc&cid=34&in=world&cat=united_nations)

Souljah
01-30-2003, 09:24 AM
Since nothings really been proved yet I wouldnt call it irony.
alot of people could say the same about the US and UK.
Theres more 'proof' of them holding and testing weapons of mass destruction than there is of iraq.....

All we are told is that the "sources" have suggested/led us to believe that iraq has these weapons and thats enough?

Hell I've been 'told' my next-door neighbour practices witchcraft, but that doesnt make me want to go and have him hanged. I have no proof and neither do they.

Oh but the sources MUST be very trustworthy given all the information they disclose about them....lmao

this is BS man
this whole thing is BS.

Losttrak
01-30-2003, 09:54 AM
It may be true that we have the nukes and have studied various methods of mass destruction.. but we havent committed the crimes against humanity that Saddam has...

Souljah
01-30-2003, 10:05 AM
well.....crimes against humanity.. right, well no WE havent.
But you only have to skim through the history books to see that the US (and the UK too, SO DONT GANG UP ON ME) have had spots where they have definately done or had ministers that had done evil deeds like saddam.

Just gotta look at henry kissinger in the various administrations. Post vietnam - phase 1+2 cambodia - conveniently faded into being the khmer rouges' doing.

Plus over time 'they' have supported so many 'EVIL' dictators until it came time when they were of minor use, this in itself could just be like crimes against humanity .....pol pot, pinochet, musharaf.

Naah man they aint no saints BY ANY MEASUREMENTS.

Losttrak
01-30-2003, 11:07 AM
Oh yeah we have been very nasty in the past. Ever read about the military in Phillipines in the early 1900's? Pretty much wasted women and children with abandon... not a batted eye. People criticize us but our ethics are far better than they have ever been... which is prolly the main criticism of most Americans... the constant flip-flop and wishy-washedness(wth?). Unfortunately its a dance that is mandatory nowadays with all the screaming leftists and rightists. We have our right hand on the bible and our left hand up the worlds skirt. Of course every country DOES hate us.. out of envy. We are the metaphorical superpower jock with the economic cheerleader going home with us while everyone else tries to look and dress like us... or attempts to personify the exact opposite in an attempt to defy the norm. Essentially, the Al Qaeda are the "trench coat mafia" of the world: whose voice is spoken thru their defiance and suicidal tendencies. How ironic that the world social sphere has mirroring microcosms in our very own neighborhoods.... ok I am off the soapbox.

norther practitioner
01-30-2003, 11:13 AM
With Iraq sitting on the disarmament, and Libyia in the chair for human rights the next step would be to reserect Hitler and make him the head of Judao-Christian Relations.

Souljah
01-30-2003, 11:17 AM
Of course every country DOES hate us.. out of envy.

I really dont think thats it. But if this is just another US vs the world thread then i'm off it.

dnc101
01-30-2003, 11:45 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Souljah
Since nothings really been proved yet I wouldnt call it irony.

A lot has been proven. Saddam has used chemical and bacteriological weapons on his neighbors and his own people. There have been documents and hardware uncovered about his nuclear program. He ran the inspectors out and asks us to trust him that he's destroyed his weapons and dismantled his programs. BS! No one can be that stupid to actually believe that.

alot of people could say the same about the US and UK.
Theres more 'proof' of them holding and testing weapons of mass destruction than there is of iraq.....

Of course we have weapons of mass destruction. No one ever denied that or said different. By what twisted mental process did you come up with that? Since you did bring it up, allow me to point out the obvious- the US and UK didn't sign agreements to get rid of all our hardware and then systematically flip off the world and build more in violation of that agreement. When we did agree to treaties limmiting such weapons, we allowed the verification proceses that we agreed on to work.

All we are told is that the "sources" have suggested/led us to believe that iraq has these weapons and thats enough?

You've been told much more than that, even in the mainstream media. You just choose not to listen.

red5angel
01-30-2003, 11:48 AM
yeah let's not get back into that crap again. We all can agree that some people like the US some people hate it and for better or worse we are here to stay and we are probably going to be going to war with Iraq here soon.

The irony isn't so much that someone is sitting in that position that has them but that Iraq claims not to have them and might start a war because they refuse to admit otherwise.

dnc101
01-30-2003, 11:55 AM
MB- you gotta admit, it will be interesting to see what Iraq does with regards to political maneuvering and propoganda when they get the chair. I'm not too worried about anyone taking them seriously though. The only people who give Saddams regime any credibility are those who hate us any way, those who want to take advantage of any situation for political gain, and our own spoiled malcontents. Those people will allways supprt anyone who opposes us, but their reaction to this should be entertaining as well. I'm starting to view them as less a nuisance and more a source of entertainment.

dnc101
01-30-2003, 11:58 AM
r5a,

"yeah let's not get back into that crap again"

Too late:D

MightyB
01-30-2003, 12:30 PM
I forgot, you shouldn't talk about 3 things on the KFO forum:
1. Politics
2. Religion
3. Chi

red5angel