PDA

View Full Version : MMA Vs Kungfu?

red5angel
01-30-2003, 03:52 PM
Just wanted to throw a quick question out there and since the VS trolls seem to be out in force lately....

Does it seem to anyone else that those who practice MMA type stuff, or BJJ or Muy Thai, seem to be more aggressiveon the whole then those who practice Kungfu?

TaoBoy
01-30-2003, 04:00 PM
I don't think it's that MMA guys are more aggressive. I think their focus is different. Generally, MMA guys are into competing (same with BJJ) and kung fu guys just do their thing with very little need for competition. Maybe it's their competitive streak that seems aggressive? The BJJ guys I roll with are actually very passive - but they could ruin me if they wanted to. And the kung fu guys I train with can actually come off as more aggressive than the BJJ guys. I guess it depends on the person.

That said MMA does itself no favours by the way it portrays itself in the popular media.

Also, BJJ is not MMA so just 'cause MMA peeps are somewhat aggressive doesn't necessarily mean BJJ guys are.

Lastly, that's a bad thread title!

:)

Laughing Cow
01-30-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by red5angel
Just wanted to throw a quick question out there and since the VS trolls seem to be out in force lately....

Does it seem to anyone else that those who practice MMA type stuff, or BJJ or Muy Thai, seem to be more aggressiveon the whole then those who practice Kungfu?

Nope, not at all. You get jerks in both camps.
:D

TaoBoy
01-30-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Laughing Cow

Nope, not at all. You get jerks in both camps.

Of course I could have summed it up in just one sentence too - but that would have been far too easy!!

Kinjit
01-30-2003, 04:12 PM
I think its the hard training - it tends to filter out the pink tofu crowd.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-30-2003, 04:33 PM
YES! i finally got in on one of these threads early.

..... but i have nothing to say :(

fa_jing
01-30-2003, 04:45 PM
Suffering as I am from the flu, and watching the reactions of people around me, heck, judging by my own reactions, I'd have to say that TOXIC FLU F.ARTS are far more effective than either MMA or Kung Fu, especially when it comes to clearing out a room fast. Works good against multiple opponents, too.

Felipe Bido
01-30-2003, 08:44 PM
This thread could have caught the Ralek

Serpent
01-30-2003, 08:46 PM
This thread is lying atop a pile of flogged mincemeat that used to be a horse.