PDA

View Full Version : How important is KF to you?

quiet man
02-01-2003, 01:36 PM
I was just thinking... Croatia has an emigration problem. It seems people with university degree can't wait to leave their homeland in search of better life - they go to Germany, Austria, France, Ireland, USA etc. I myself am not very rich (allthough doing rather well by our standards), but I consider myself very lucky for having sigung WSL's direct student for my sifu. I would therefore only leave Croatia if I could go to a place with another excellent sifu (e.g., Phillip Bayer, Clive Potter...), no matter how good the salary is. Or, somewhere where my incomes and life conditions would enable me to travel to Croatia regularly.

And my question is, how important is KF (or any other MA) to you? If you're satisfied with your teacher, what would somebody have to offer you so you'd leave your kwoon and go live somewhere far away, where you couldn't practice MA? (please excuse the poor grammar)

Crimson Phoenix
02-01-2003, 02:15 PM
it's funny you mention...I was jut thinking bout similar things...

I was considering being an expat, just in case I had a good opportunity somewhere else...no probs with that, it's in the family tradition. But you know what was the first thing I though about? Yes, you name it, kung fu...the first thing coming to my mind that would keep me here was kung fu...
I haven't thought about the particular issue much afterwards, but nevertheless it's quite meaningful that kung fu in particular came to my mind, and not some other factor...

Oso
02-01-2003, 03:44 PM
It's extremely important.

My girl has to be able to live with it. (luckily she trains)

My primary job has to allow me to teach.

But,

I won't live in a dense population, which has limited me in my
choices of instructor's and creates a low level of interaction
with other ma's.

Sho
02-01-2003, 05:11 PM
Martial arts has a very very deep meaning as far as my life is concerned, because as a student, as a martial artist, as a human being; all these I have learned from martial arts.

;)

Phisker
02-02-2003, 12:11 AM
MA is very important to me, it teahces you how to defend your self whilst getting fit at the same time, well at least in my life anyway.
I would go train in another country if my trainers were either Sakuraba, Ortiz, Inoue or Carlos Newton as long as the pay is enough to make a living I dont care

Water Dragon
02-02-2003, 09:06 AM
It's a hobby of mine.

dezhen2001
02-02-2003, 09:10 AM
very important for me... training in qigong and martial arts keeps me healthy no matter what position my life is in, wherever i am, teacher or not. recently i stopped trianing for around 7 months due to depression and stress... man my life was empty without training :(

so to me, training is very important. doesnt matter if i am close ot my teacher or not, as right now depending where i am i'm either 2 or 5 hours by train away :D

dawood

Brad
02-02-2003, 11:29 AM
It's pretty important to me, but there are a few things that would draw me away from where I am. Like if I got married and my wife couldn't live here for some reason(Job, sick family, alergic to cows, etc.). I almost moved to Texas after eating the best hamburger I've ever tasted at a tournement concession booth :D