PDA

View Full Version : Im new..

X1liquidreamzx
02-02-2003, 01:01 AM
Hey..sup..chinese hea..

i practice shaolin quan and baguazhang, and learned a little hung gar ..

my view on chinese martial arts is this: there is no substitute for it. it has been corrupted by the chinese government, japan, and america...
it has lost a lot of what its suppose to be...

no offense but a lot of that media mainstream martial arts is ****.
those guys that come out of there go to some sifus i know and they get their ass handed over in seconds. they cna't walk the talk.
on the other hand, im sure some of them can fight.

i been reading about that teacher talking about how chi doesn't exist so mysteriously. Well, i know Yip Man has mapped out the chi system through physics (he got a degree) successfully, but I do not believe that its that basic. i mean, there are chi demos with a little magic, sometimes but i seen it performed. if he says chi merely a joke, he just offended over 50 million people in China.
yet he was drunk..maybe i am misunderstanding?
CHI can be expplained on a simpler level, but at later stages if it was that easy, won't a lot of people easily do those superhuman feats? or are we martial magicians? china and taiwan cannot that easily live in a big lie, its part of culture. plus, old people don't get a kick out of being superhuman. psychological common sense.

dezhen2001
02-02-2003, 01:08 AM
um... welcome to kfo :) very controversial 1st post :D

1. a macdonalds burger is not as filling and doesnt taste as good as a homemade one - but they are still burgers. depends on what the customer wants.

2. Qi is nothing special. it takes effort (gong fu) to become healthy and a good martial artist, even hard qigong takes a lot of training. So anyone who puts in the hours and practises/understands what they have been taught can get there.

dawood

X1liquidreamzx
02-02-2003, 01:10 AM
yeah true dat... i might make sum of u ppl mad lol..
sorry dun wanan start anything.. but overall I am impressed with most of these posts. Much better than what Jet li's mb used to be, loaded with crap... lol nothing agsint him

dezhen2001
02-02-2003, 01:14 AM
anytime anything is public u have to take the good with the bad and balance it out. there are some real knoweledgeable people here on this board, just gotta find out who they are and not get sucked in too much by those who are not :)

dawood

Former castleva
02-02-2003, 04:02 AM
Hello.Welcome.

"i been reading about that teacher talking about how chi doesn't exist so mysteriously. Well, i know Yip Man has mapped out the chi system through physics (he got a degree) successfully, but I do not believe that its that basic. i mean, there are chi demos with a little magic, sometimes but i seen it performed. if he says chi merely a joke, he just offended over 50 million people in China.
yet he was drunk..maybe i am misunderstanding?
CHI can be expplained on a simpler level, but at later stages if it was that easy, won't a lot of people easily do those superhuman feats? or are we martial magicians? china and taiwan cannot that easily live in a big lie, its part of culture. plus, old people don't get a kick out of being superhuman. psychological common sense."

Maybe it does not exist so mysteriously...
In my opinion,mysticism is a very bad way to present things and in such cases very little complaining can be done if somebody decides to burst a bubble.
However,whatever was on during the old days,this should not be a problem since one should be able to pull this off without such,if attractive mysticism (since I do not believe it was meant to be mystical)
Yip Manīs approach may also reflect his style in certain ways,after all,it is proper physics and work on them that make up a good technique (if we assume this is chi in martial arts,then that will be a nice concept/theory and a handy way to express it in a nutshell)
Whatever one considers chi demonstrations (which you did not specify so far) it is good to remember there have been plenty of liers and fakes around who naturally have had their influence on pplīs understanding.
Those who are not,are likely to have trained hard (which is,according to certain masters-the only key to gain considerable proficiency...) No superhumans out there so far (Except Christopher Reeve who recently gained certain,unseen ability considering his serious injury...Oops! :) )
What do you mean by it was easy during later stages? How did KF master X be able to this? How was Morihei Ueshiba able to toss people half his age with little effort..?
You guessed,work.
It was not too long ago in history of medical science that we discovered how blood circulates in our veins...and even then it took some time for it to become a regular concept.
Those were the days.
So chi is still a concept to be considered since it is the part of martial culture (too) roots being.While in related medicine etc. it is also worthy since handling these things strongly tied to certain thought could not possibly be explained as effectively. :)
What does offending these estimated 50 million ppl mean?
During Chinaīs more modern history,there grew an interest for western ways of arts,politics and sciences (consider the long restriction and cynical attitude towards outer regions)
Around "cultural revolution",old methods of thought and religions (including confucius) were getting looked down upon and literally laughed at and brutalized.

This is my humble analysis.

This for now.

Kristoffer
02-02-2003, 11:55 AM
uh, yeah.. what he said :D
Welcome to the board