PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!

sct82abn
02-02-2003, 10:04 PM
hey guys, i've been trying to find one or two cool shirts, kung fu that is, my style is five animals shaolin, but a plain kung fu type shirt is great too. the problem isn't that i can't find a kung fu shirt but that all that i do find are some lame-ass cartoon kiddie looking shirts. Does anyone know where i can find a respectable looking shirt? yin yang and pinyin are ok i just hate the cartoony looking ones.:D

joedoe
02-02-2003, 10:10 PM
See all the martial arts mart banners on the top of your window. Have a look there :)

Sho
02-03-2003, 04:32 AM
Yes, Gene will be happy. :D

dezhen2001
02-03-2003, 04:46 AM
also check out fu-ragz (http://www.fu-ragz.com) and the store there. they are just a new company but have some nice looking stuff :)

dawood

sct82abn
02-03-2003, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the replies, if anyone else knows any other links please post them. something simple is really what i'm looking for that maybe just says shaolin kung fu with a yin yang and pinyin or some cool looking animals. what i'm not looking for but keep finding are shirts with some goofy looking dragon ball z of a monk reject on them.:rolleyes:

Laughing Cow
02-03-2003, 08:46 PM
Can't you get anything via your school.

We get "association" T-Shirts from China offered on a regular basis.
Both short and long sleev shirts.
Sifu gets them done at a very reasonable price.

Front carries one of 2 Logos over the breast and the back sez:
"I love Chen TJQ" in Chinese or something similar.

We wear them at tourneys and other MA meets. Guys doing a Demo/Competing get the "Silk Pyjama" outfit.

If you got a printer at home do your own designs and print them onto iron trasnfer sheets.

Find some nice images, do a bit of cup/paste, image aligning and of you go.

Just some thoughts.

sct82abn
02-03-2003, 09:13 PM
:( unfortunately not i attend monroe county martial arts in bloomington,indiana (IU) and the kung fu is taught separate through a private instructor there are only about 5 students that he trains. thanx for the ideas though

SevenStar
02-03-2003, 11:44 PM
http://www.superaction.com/

Laughing Cow
02-03-2003, 11:55 PM
Head to a local Silk screening Shop or similar.
They often will do a small run of T-Shirts on order.

You can either give them the design or let them do one for you.
If it is only 1 Color than only 1 screen is needed and shouldn't be too pricey.

Some of those Shops will also do Iron-on Transfers which might be cheaper than the Silk screening.

If you don't know where to find such a place, ask any Biker or similar.
If in doubt ask someone online to do the design for you and send it to you.

It is not hard to do, done so myself a few times. I also used to do silk-screening, but lost my kit during the last move.

apoweyn
02-04-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by sct82abn
:( unfortunately not i attend monroe county martial arts in bloomington,indiana (IU) and the kung fu is taught separate through a private instructor there are only about 5 students that he trains. thanx for the ideas though

go to kwoon.com. they've got the generic kung fu t-shirt featured in all their short films. besides, you should go regardless. that site's hysterical.

that school in bloomington, is it the one that teaches... hapkido, i think it was. is that right? couple blocks off of kirkwood?

stuart b.

sct82abn
02-04-2003, 01:34 PM
apoweyn, not sure if it's the one you're talking about,you may mean Lee's MA i think it is, MCMA is right off third street by the college mall, it's actually one of the most diverse schools in the midwest. it does have hapkido and tkd but i'm not really into those, the owner is steve scott. we also have muay thai,tai chi chaun(cc chen),BJJ,JKD,and the kung fu class which is taught under kevin krauter out of waterloo,canada(not sure which province) he also trained with master pan qing fu if any of you know him(movies-Iron and Silk,The Shaolin Temple w/ jet li-he was the bad guy).

Thanks for the links and ideas everyone

apoweyn
02-04-2003, 01:37 PM
hey sct82abn,

yeah, i'm probably thinking of lee's then. it wasn't much to look at from the outside. almost looked like a garage or something. anyway, i know where college mall is, yeah. not familiar with your school though then.

my wife went to law school in bloomington. so i've visited half a dozen times. but i'm not real familiar with the area. i love that place though. i could live in bloomington. no worries.

stuart b.