PDA

View Full Version : How was yours?

WinterPalm
02-03-2003, 08:23 PM
Chinese New Year I mean!
Mine was great. My school performed 3 Lion Dances for a local restaurant and then we had some amazing food afterwards! Hope you all had fun and wish you wealth!!:)

TaoBoy
02-03-2003, 08:25 PM
Uneventful.

Except I thought someone got shot outside my house until I figured out the 'gunshots' were in fact fireworks that some fool let off a little too early.

Laughing Cow
02-03-2003, 08:28 PM
Too busy to head over to Chinatown this Year.

But will be going there next week to have a look at the new "gate" that they put up.
;)

And of course eat a lot of yummy stuff.

Serpent
02-03-2003, 08:34 PM
Dude, it's far from over yet!

Laughing Cow
02-03-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
Dude, it's far from over yet!

I am aware of that, but don't live that close to Chinatown.

Serpent
02-03-2003, 08:48 PM
Actually, that was directed more at the guy that started the thread.

;)

prana
02-03-2003, 09:04 PM
a small population hasnt celebrated yet :)

"Chor Gao" and the big mama "Jap Gor Meh"

:)

:D

Crimson Phoenix
02-04-2003, 03:08 AM
waaaayyyyyy too much food and party...lots of my neighbours are chinese or of chinese descent, so I had to attend each single meal and rotate around in the building LOLOL

Repulsive Monkey
02-04-2003, 03:16 AM
Had a good time down in Chinatown on Sunday despite spots of rain throughout the day. Discovered the best book shop in the world down there too. Anyone elsebought anything from Guanghwa's? Some amazing TCM books and some nice chinese books in there too.Spent ages trying to get into the Golden Dragon, naturally and saw many Dragon, Lion and a single Unicorn dance too. Big up for the best dance which so head and shoulders above the rest and that was the Hup Ching dance troupe. I remember being in China China when I cam downstairs to be greeted with some very consumate moves by their Black Lion.
Great day.

SaMantis
02-04-2003, 07:09 AM
This weekend is when most of the lion dancing happens around Chinatown ... I believe there was a parade last Sat. too. Last night before class there was a ceremony to "wake up" a new lion -- very cool.