PDA

View Full Version : Chien Ho Yin

shaolin kungfu
02-04-2003, 11:48 PM
Has anybody ever heard of grandmaster Chien Ho Yin?

hungy
02-05-2003, 01:27 AM
was he a seven star master? If he is....i believe i know his lineage.....

MightyB
02-05-2003, 06:43 AM
Chung Ho Yin.

Grandmaster of 7* Praying Mantis Kung Fu. (Retired)

Student and friend of Won Hun Fun. (Best man at WHF's wedding)

He is probably one of the greatest martial artists that has ever lived and is comparible to Wong Fei Hung.

He is a master of Chi Gung, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Both the Northern and Southern Lion Dance, and Eagle Claw. He studied Eagle Claw from the great Lau Fat Meng and he and his family are still close to the Lau family.

This is what he shared with his students and friends, but, when you ask him about other martial arts, you are amazed at how much he knows. He often would start demonstrating key techniques and movements from those styles so it's really not clear on how many other styles he mastered.

His son Henry Chung has taken up the family business, and, in my opinion, is the greatest 7* Sifu in America. He is extremely humble and doesn't seek publicity, so he is relatively unknown in the seas of supposable Praying Mantis masters who've suddenly popped up in recent years-- those who know him know that he's the real deal.

count
02-05-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by shaolin kungfu
Has anybody ever heard of grandmaster Chien Ho Yin?
I have heard of him. He was a Northern Shaolin teacher. Here is his picture. (http://www.xmission.com:80/~tpleary/images/kf/g.master.yin.jpeg) Are you a student of Master Lu in Utah?

MightyB
02-05-2003, 07:25 AM
and here's a picture of Chung Ho Yin:
Chung (http://www.slacktime.com/kungfu/photo.html)

count
02-05-2003, 07:28 AM
But he/she was asking about Chien Ho Yin. This is a picture of Chien Ho Yin (http://www.xmission.com:80/~tpleary/images/kf/g.master.yin.jpeg) :D

MightyB
02-05-2003, 07:33 AM
I know that now.

It was Hungry's response that prompted the message. Hey, I'll jump on any chance to give the Chung's respect and recognition. They do and did too much and it's sad that they are relatively unknown amongst all the fake 7* Praying Mantis kung fu guys.

count
02-05-2003, 07:58 AM
:rolleyes: Typical praying mantis fashion. Always too fast on the strike. :p

shaolin kungfu
02-05-2003, 11:46 AM
I am not a student of master lu's, but have heard the name frequently. I study at his school in milwaukee. His widow still attends the tai-chi classes(pretty impresive considering she's 80). Just wanted to see who,if anyone, had heard of him.

count
02-05-2003, 01:06 PM
I have certainly heard of him. Never had the honor of meeting him. I have met Master Lu in Utah a number of times. Tasted his cooking too. Ummmm:p He is also a doctor OM and an excellent teacher. Tell us about Master Chien. Did you know him personaly? Do you train with the rock?:cool:

shaolin kungfu
02-05-2003, 10:12 PM
Sadly,I never met Master Yin:( . I know what you mean about the cooking. Mrs. Yin makes some of the best food I've ever had. There's nothing like real chinese food. I could share some stories about the Grandmaster, but they'd all be second hand.

What,or who, is the rock?