PDA

View Full Version : Rene or anyone...what is tendon and marrow changing all about?

Stevo
02-05-2003, 02:48 AM
Rene wrote in another thread:

If done in order to do so, the SLT as taught by some sifu will change your tendons. Some will charge your marrow.

I've heard of these things before but never understood them. Is 'tendon changing' referring to stretching the tendons? I don't know what marrow changing might be, but I know that red blood cell precursors and other important stem cells reside in bone marrow. Is it something to do with this? What are the benefits of changing marrow and tendons? Are specific exercises needed to change them or does, say, regular cardio or resistance training or stretching do it at least to some degree as well? Rene or anyone care to elaborate?

Thanks,

Stevo.

Marky
02-05-2003, 05:15 AM
Hi Stevo,

Read Dr. Yang Jwing Ming's "Muscle/Tendon Changing and Marrow/Brain Washing". Very good book, IMO.

kj
02-05-2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Marky
Hi Stevo,

Read Dr. Yang Jwing Ming's "Muscle/Tendon Changing and Marrow/Brain Washing". Very good book, IMO.

I'll check that one out. I'm especially interested in the brain washing part, LOL.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

Marky
02-05-2003, 05:44 AM
Hi guys,

Just so you know, the original book is out of print and it's been re-released as "Qigong, The Secret of Youth" by Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming. Just pointing that out since a search for the earlier mentioned book probably won't get you very far. The new book contains the exact same material.

Rolling_Hand
02-05-2003, 08:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by Marky
Hi Stevo,

I'll check that one out. I'm especially interested in the brain washing part, LOL.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

----------------------------------------------------

Seeker,

Don't be reckless.
Forget about Dr. Yang Jwing Ming.
Meditate constantly.
Follow the Tao,
The quite way to learn about yourself and the art of WCK.
Or you will swallow fire
And cry out:"Where is the beef?"

Om mani peme hum

Phenix
02-05-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Rolling_Hand
quote:Originally posted by Marky
Hi

Seeker,

Don't be reckless.
Forget about Dr. Yang Jwing Ming.
Meditate constantly.
Follow the Tao,
The quite way to learn about yourself and the art of WCK.
Or you will swallow fire
And cry out:"Where is the beef?"

Om mani peme hum

The doors of Dharma of Hati and the Dharma of Rupa might not always cross.

To attain Buddha nature is about letting go. To create is about hold up and description of details.

Even Meditate Need a specific method once a specific goal is set.

Tao is every where but Goal is specific.

How can one bring the idea to the physical realm without specific details but pointing to general term such as "meditate" ?

Letting go and holding up are two opposite direction.
Don't be confused pointing at mountain direction when others want to go to ocean.

Without clearly experience the path how can one shows the direction?

Muscle/Tendon Changing and Marrow/Brain Washing.
Yoga streching and Kundalini.
By the way, conserve the reproduction essense and fill up the Marrow....

Marky
02-05-2003, 02:43 PM
So, um....... Yeah, give that book a read, okay?

burnsypoo
02-05-2003, 02:50 PM
So, um....... Yeah, give that book a read, okay?

ROTFLMAO.

Marky
02-05-2003, 02:53 PM
Hi Burnsypoo,

Sorry, I'm not up on my internet short-hand! Or should I say, SINUOMISH!

Stevo
02-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Thanks Marky, I'll keep an eye out for the book you mentioned.

Stevo.

Rolling_Hand
02-05-2003, 08:52 PM
--The doors of Dharma of Hati and the Dharma of Rupa might not always cross.--HS
**Look not for recognition, but follow the Tao.

--To attain Buddha nature is about letting go. To create is about hold up and description of details.--HS
**The final stage of letting go is being without deception. No more lips... the Tao is silent.

--Even Meditate Need a specific method once a specific goal is set.--HS
**Count your blessing today. Worry is interest paid on trouble before it falls due.

--Tao is every where but Goal is specific.--HS
**Name that song - that means the most to you.

--How can one bring the idea to the physical realm without specific details but pointing to general term such as "meditate" ?--HS
**Close your eyes and see yourself telling story.

--Letting go and holding up are two opposite direction.--HS
**Do you find it easy to be impartial?

--Don't be confused pointing at mountain direction when others want to go to ocean.--HS
**Take a walk around the place where you live. What do you see?

--Without clearly experience the path how can one shows the direction?--HS
**Day one! Have you forgotten your birthday?

Marky
02-05-2003, 09:00 PM
Rolling_Hand, engage in your mental masturbation elsewhere.

Rolling_Hand
02-05-2003, 09:41 PM
Marky,

Hm...
Never offend
By what you think or say or do
Honor the man who speaks his mind.

A Ch'an practioner
Is like a bird,
He wishes for nothing.
His food is knowledge.
He lives upon emptiness.
He has broken free...

Phenix
02-05-2003, 10:46 PM
Rolling_Hand

Sea of suffering has no end.
Stop confusing yourself and mislead others.

Your words are based on the state of dull emptiness.

That is not Chan but a pice of wood with ego.

Rolling_Hand
02-05-2003, 11:12 PM
Phenix, Hsanto, Hendrik,

You could change
Your name
Your lips
But Ch'an is still missing...

Phenix
02-05-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Rolling_Hand
Phenix, Hsanto, Hendrik,

You could change
Your name
Your lips
But Ch'an is still missing...

Let go the names and words and you the original face.

if you don't then it is your attachment nothing to do with others.

Mr Punch
02-06-2003, 03:43 AM
Yeah, so anyway, it's a great book.

YJM writes some very interesting stuff and seems a lot better informed than some of the jerks on this forum.

It ain't WC, but it's good.

black and blue
02-06-2003, 06:13 AM
I also have a couple of YJM's books. One on Tai Chi and Martial Power (which I bought on impulse and think is one of the most interesting MA books I own); and the other on Chi Gung.

Can anyone offer a description of the bone-marrow book?

(Preferably a description that isn't babble about trees blowing in the wind and monkey's groaning a noise that is tao, or some such mutterings).

Marky
02-06-2003, 06:56 AM
Hi Black and Blue,

The back of the original version reads:

"For more than one thousand years, Muscle/Tendon Changing and Marrow/Brain Washing Chi Kung have been considered the most effective way to gain health and longevity. They have also been used by Chinese Buddhist and Taoist monks as aids in achieving enlightenment. The Yi Gin Ching (Muscle/Tendon Changing) training generates abundant Chi to strengthen the physical body. The Shi Sui Ching (Marrow/Brain Washing) teaches you how to lead Chi to the bone marrow and the brain to energize these areas."

Chapters include:

General Concepts-- Introduction, Historical Survey, Buddhist and Taoist Chi Kung, Kan and Li

Yi Gin Ching-- Theories and Principles, Yi Gin Ching Chi Kung Training

Shi Sui Ching -- Theories/Principles, Training

A very good Dr. Yang book that is a bit less advanced than this is "The Roots of Chinese Qigong". I read the Yi Gin Ching/Shi Sui Ching first, then the Roots of Chinese Qigong. I later reread the first book, and I had a much better understanding of the concepts. The first time I read it, I didn't have enough confidence to actually begin the training.

Phenix
02-06-2003, 09:08 AM

Shi Sui Ching -- Theories/Principles, Training

Marky,

There is a good book and good Video by late Dr. Ma Li-Tang. Dr. Ma is a very famous doctor in TCM in China. A martial artist who is very capable and has releationship with Shing Yee, Yee Chuan top people.

So, cut the story short. Dr. MA re examine and doing experiments with the 6 sound healing and Shi Sui Chin Ching... and creat his own sequence to heal his patients for decades. Dr is also advisor and doctor for some high up people in Beijing since he also joining revolution with them..

Check out Dr. Ma's book and his video. I think Gene can offer you the collection of the videos. This is a good one because it teaches the method and the theory behind the method....
To the minimum, his method and theory works since thousands has benifit from it and Dr. Ma himself has deep root in both MA and TCM and a good transmission from those great MA and TCM doctor.

Hendrik

Phenix
02-06-2003, 09:19 AM
http://www.bambootemple.com/shaolinbrand/htmmorechi/sx060003.htm

Shi Shui Chin Ching --- by Dr. Ma li-Tang.