PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on targetting??

bougeac
02-05-2003, 09:56 AM
hi, just been thinking about where my preferred target areas are on an opponent...

i know from experience that in real fighting you tend to have to be an opportunist and use what ever targets present themselves , but in an ideal world i like to target the groin/knees/head in no particular order...

what about you guys...

Mr.Binx
02-05-2003, 11:18 AM
The single most effective physical target I have found from full contact sparring (no gear) is the solar plexus. Give one solid strike to the center of the belly, applying force upwards into the stomach (this doesn't mean your strike has to move in that direction, just the force of the blow), then press combat for roughly 2 seconds. If the strike is on target then your opponent will almost always lose all strength and end up collapsing if they continue trying to exert themselves without any oxygen. Learned this a couple years ago from boxing and have applied often. I also had it applied to myself as well once when free-sparring with a muay thai fanatic. Took a knee to the gut and lost all strength in my limbs in a matter of seconds. Shortly afterwards he told me that he did it on accident and was actually going for a thigh stomp. I was like, "Well, you should do it more often because it knocked the crap outta' me!". :) It's an awesome weak spot when you're knocking around with grapplers.

wingchunalex
02-06-2003, 06:01 PM
neck. solar plexus (i like that one too). and floating ribs (with a good chang dai jeung, lower palm strike).

yuanfen
02-06-2003, 06:24 PM
no preference- whatever is available

canglong
02-06-2003, 07:35 PM
Target the opponents centerline using the high mid and lower reference points that is the main guideline. The many things which will cause you to make contact with varying parts of your opponents body will differ depending upon any number of variables, as such concerning yourself with them beforehand is controled by understanding the rule and principles governing control of your opponent's center.

EnterTheWhip
02-06-2003, 07:58 PM
Whatever is in line.