PDA

View Full Version : fighting

THREE EYED LAU
02-05-2003, 04:53 PM
so anyone got any pointers on fighting someone who keeps his distance and kicks a hell of a lot makeing it hard to come in close???

cutter
02-05-2003, 07:52 PM
1.intercept, trap, or attack his kicking leg, then close the gap.
2.fient or fake an attack to distract, then close the gap.
3.leave an obvious opening for him to attack, draw him in,
then close the gap.
4.stay outside his kicking range, make him come to you, wear
him down, then close the gap.
5.without warning,close the gap.

cutter
02-05-2003, 07:53 PM
or just hit him with a stick.:p

David Jamieson
02-05-2003, 08:37 PM
better yet, wait til he's sleeping. Then hit him with a stick. :D

cheers

Serpent
02-05-2003, 10:09 PM
Just take out a .45 and *boom*, settwl it.

fiercest tiger
02-06-2003, 03:38 AM
Thats f@cking funny!

FT:D

cutter
02-06-2003, 07:41 AM
it is obvious that your skill and your strategies are exceptional. i am humbled.

:) :) :)

THREE EYED LAU
02-07-2003, 08:20 PM
thats a lot of cutting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cutter
02-08-2003, 11:28 AM
;)

Ben Gash
02-08-2003, 11:38 AM
I'm more of a David Gemell guy myself. I find it hard to sympathise with Goodkind's characters.

cutter
02-09-2003, 12:55 AM
you are the 1st to identify the quote, although i did modify it slightly.

i will check out gemell.

:)

HuangKaiVun
02-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Where I live (USA, Planet Earth - unlike Serpent who's terrified of fighting me in person), it is illegal to carry a .45 without a license and even more illegal to use it on a guy who's unarmed.

It is also improbable that an opponent in the ring will be SLEEPING, and likely your sifu won't let you into the ring if the format is hand-to-hand combat (unless you study in MY school where going against sticks is a regularity).

:p just messing.

In a point sparring ring, try using the legs to jam the kicker. Circling around an opponent also helps a lot. Run the guy down if you have to.

In a NHB scenario, try to go for the sweep and take the guy down.

In the STREET, the guy probably won't be "kicking like crazy to keep his distance". The options in this scenario are nearly unlimited.

Shah
02-12-2003, 07:55 AM
Another quite obvious one is to keep your distance and keep yourself well protected. Throw in a few llight kicks once in a while to keep him alert, but basically just let him kick until he's tired and the kicks start to slow. When it's slow enough just dash in after your block with a uppercut (CLF: Fan Chong) or hammer fist behind the neck avec a knee thrust to the solarplexus.

Shah
02-12-2003, 07:57 AM
BTW forgive my lack of lingo knowledge ;) but i was wondering what NHB means?

small
02-17-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Shah
BTW forgive my lack of lingo knowledge ;) but i was wondering what NHB means?

NHB means No Holds Barred

NHB ussually means no biting, eye-gouging, headbutts, throat shots, kicking or kneeing the head of a person already on the ground, striking the back of the head, or striking to the spine. Both fighters ussually have to wear gloves.
I think the fighters ussually sign papers that indicate that beyond the rules mentioned above, they will refrain from using any other techniques from their arsenal that are known to be critical.

Aslan
02-18-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Serpent
Just take out a .45 and *boom*, settwl it.

All I can picture is that scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark, where Indiana shoots the big sword weilding guy. :D

Personally, I'd circle, parry, keep moving and just wear my opponent down, always looking for that mistake or oppoprtunity.

Fu-Pow
02-18-2003, 11:06 AM
If he kicks high, duck his kick and sweep out the supporting leg.

Or block it and move in.

If he kicks medium height move inside or catch his leg.

If he kicks low check his kicks with your kick.

Just some ideas.

What you don't want to do is keep moving back into his kicking range.

Thats what most people do.

No_Know
04-03-2003, 12:57 AM
I would think that No Holds Barred would at least mean holds that are considered dangerous are allowed.

Going from what Fu-Pow said~, though you might want to keep moving back Out of kicking range.

Then catch as the attack misses. Or follow the attack back in guarding your groin with stance and jamming rising knees or legs.

If you duck the kick, you might choose to duck-back to aid your sweeping the supporting leg.

Note: doing a sweep to the leg does not necessarily get the leg swept. At least some might be able to withstand sweeps even though they are on one support leg.

SevenStar
04-04-2003, 01:17 AM
time his kicks - rush him as his leg drops. There are drills that focus on following the return of a person's strike. once you are in on him, his kicks are for the most part useless as he won't be able to do many of them. You don't want to give him distance, as he can close slightly and still kick. you have to get inside.

catch kicks, kick his hips as he kicks, etc. to foil him. once you're inside, go to town on him.

No_Know
04-09-2003, 07:15 AM
It seems that kicking the hip as they kick would send the hicking leg towards that side. I'm thinking that in general, that's towards me.

SevenStar
04-12-2003, 01:24 PM
no... kicking the hip on the same side as his kicking leg. it takes practice to get the timing, but is good against a rear leg kick.

Ben Gash
04-15-2003, 12:14 PM
Kick 'im inna nuts! :D

SiHingJow
04-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Have you ever heard of the Mu-Ying and Yow Ying of chinese boxing there principles that should be practice by a fighter.]
You should practice these principles regularly. :D If an opponent Kicks and runs Charge him cut him down and destroy him. Do not give up space to him. If you do he will dominate you and Win. You must practice the principle of Doam or fearlessness If you are afraid to attack an opponent you will get hurt and loseyour fight because you were hesitant . Watch his body. No attacking Army in the world will give up territory they have conQuered in a battle. Thats stupid. So if an opponent is attacking you attack him when he's scared hesitant and is on a retreat. Every Army and fighting force on earth was designed to increase there attack when an opponent retreats. You must be willing to commit urself to your opponent.

Shaolin-Do
04-17-2003, 02:30 PM
are you talking about street fighting or in a school?
kicking someone in the hip isnt cool... can totally f*ck up their joints... hips have a large range of movement, but if you kick it the wrong way, Ive dislocate my knee a couple times (once from a kick), and I dont even want to know how bad it would hurt to get the hip popped out....

SevenStar
04-17-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
are you talking about street fighting or in a school?
kicking someone in the hip isnt cool... can totally f*ck up their joints... hips have a large range of movement, but if you kick it the wrong way, Ive dislocate my knee a couple times (once from a kick), and I dont even want to know how bad it would hurt to get the hip popped out....

it's a light front kick, muay thai kicking's equivalent of a jab. Matter of factly, I've also heard it referred to as a push kick.

SevenStar
04-17-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by SiHingJow
Have you ever heard of the Mu-Ying and Yow Ying of chinese boxing there principles that should be practice by a fighter.]
You should practice these principles regularly. :D If an opponent Kicks and runs Charge him cut him down and destroy him. Do not give up space to him. If you do he will dominate you and Win. You must practice the principle of Doam or fearlessness If you are afraid to attack an opponent you will get hurt and loseyour fight because you were hesitant . Watch his body. No attacking Army in the world will give up territory they have conQuered in a battle. Thats stupid. So if an opponent is attacking you attack him when he's scared hesitant and is on a retreat. Every Army and fighting force on earth was designed to increase there attack when an opponent retreats. You must be willing to commit urself to your opponent.

yes. steal his space. once you steal his space, steal his balance.

SiHingJow
04-18-2003, 05:49 PM
The only true way to be a sucessful fighter and martial artist is to train perfectly. IF you train poorly u'll perform poorly if you train as a novice you'll perform like a novice if you train with superiority you'll be superior. You must be willing to progress by training harder. Thats what makes a good martial artist from average!!!!
Hope i haven't stepped on any toes by saying this but Practice doesn't make perfect. perfect practice make perfect. I know this is random but I just wanted to give a word of encouragement to all martial artist.