PDA

View Full Version : I had a fantastic workout - i think... Am I doing this right???

morbicid
02-05-2003, 10:30 PM
I finally got the will to go out and jog today. Let me tell you, it was quite an experience to say the least. I feel that I've opened up so many doors for myself now that I've committed more time to training. It's February and I live in New York, so it is still quite cold outside. It makes jogging all the more challenging as I had to breathe in cold air, and I was sweating more than usual because I was wearing my warm winter clothing. However, in the midst of it all, I found that I was actually enjoying myself. I even stopped along the way, during a quick break, and observed the beauty the trees covered in powdery white snow. I suppose if you can stand the cold, there's quite a bit to do outdoors during the winter.

After jogging, probably only two miles or so, I returned home and relaxed. I practiced some of the breathing excercises (I've heard a lot about from reading posts in this forum, but was skeptical at first) ... they're actually very soothing and relaxing. They helped me to "cool down" and get my heart rate back to normal. I regret making fun of people that made such posts because I find breathing excercises and relaxation techniques... strangely addictive ( in a good way :) ). After about 20 minutes of this, I ventured to my basement and dusted off the old heavy punching bag. I put on my gloves and did some basic jap/cross/hook combinations while I had some music playing on the stereo. I haven't had a workout like this in years! It was very tiring to my body, and probably I will be sore tomorrow. However, despite the tiring effects of the workout, I feel great! It's envigorating really. Quite amazing , really, how a good workout and change your day. So what do you guys think? Am I starting off too intense or not intense enough? Is this an okay workout session?

Xebsball
02-05-2003, 10:37 PM
(dont edit your post now)

i think the jap is very important in the modern day boxing

Serpent
02-05-2003, 10:42 PM
Hmm, watch this guy closely....

Xebsball
02-05-2003, 10:48 PM
i foresee his evil plot indeed

Serpent
02-05-2003, 10:52 PM
You will be a Jedi yet!

Xebsball
02-05-2003, 10:58 PM
:D

Serpent
02-05-2003, 11:03 PM
O====|8888888888888888888888

Here is your lightsabre.

Xebsball
02-05-2003, 11:22 PM
O====|8888888888888888888888

woooow its so awesome!
thanx dude :D

Serpent
02-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Any time. Glad you chose green.

SevenStar
02-05-2003, 11:27 PM
what kind of shoes do you jog in?

morbicid
02-06-2003, 12:12 AM
Well, due to the cold weather, I was actually jogging in boots. They also provide more traction for me while I have to jog on icy streets. When it warms up a bit I will probably be jogging in my old Nike sneakers. They should absorb the shock a bit more as my feet are hitting the ground. Is it okay to jog every day or should one give a day of rest in between like in strength training ?