View Full Version : Food Poisoning?!

02-07-2003, 09:48 AM
Have any of you ever had it? How long did it take for you to get over it?!

02-07-2003, 10:06 AM
5 days?! Are you sure that wasn't a stomach virus? The reason I ask is because two weeks ago I got what I thought was food poisoning and it turned out to be a virus, which stuck around for about 5 days.
Wednesday night my wife, roommate and I ordered chinese food. I was the only one to have the chicken wings and roughly about 2 hours later I was bent over the porcelane throne until about 4 am. Since then my stomach has been queesy but most of the people I have talked to say I should have been over it by now. I feel a thousand times better then wednesday but I am still a little queasy. :(

Ben Gash
02-07-2003, 10:36 AM
Food poisoning can be viral, bacterial or protozoic. If the onset was that rapid it's probably viral. Just drink sips of water until 6 hours after symptoms cease. (the organism will die off without food).

tsunami surfer
02-07-2003, 07:42 PM
AAAAAAARRRRRRRHHHHHGGGGGG!!!!! I need toilet paper!!!!!!!!!!

02-08-2003, 09:10 AM
That was your old friend Sal. Salmonila.

Ben Gash
02-08-2003, 09:18 AM
That'd be salmonella :rolleyes:

02-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Salmonella is a nasty one. Better cook your meat thoroughly before eating.

Ben Gash
02-08-2003, 10:26 AM
There's far nastier. Champylobacter. That's REALLY bad :D