PDA

View Full Version : Orange Alert, Shields up

planetwc
02-07-2003, 12:29 PM
"Polarize the hull plating" boys and girls and lets hope nothing comes of this.

"WASHINGTON, Feb. 7 — The Justice Department increased its terrorist threat assessment level to “orange” — or high risk — on Friday, reflecting concerns among U.S. security officials that terrorists are planning a “major attack” as early as next week. The move came a day after the State Department warned Americans abroad of the threat of new terrorist attacks using chemical or biological weapons."

reneritchie
02-07-2003, 12:40 PM
Gas here in Montreal is up to 88.6 cents a liter (yanks can do the math). I'd say histeria is doing such wonders to our society, won't need actual attacks any more.

Losttrak
02-07-2003, 12:51 PM
Perhaps if they reverse the neutron flux of the dilithium crystals and reroute the tachyon beam to the anti-matter thrusters we can survive... Jeez too much coffee...

Grendel
02-07-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by planetwc
"Polarize the hull plating" boys and girls and lets hope nothing comes of this.

We need protection. We need skills. Rest assured. The solutions are all here.

A secret Canadian martial art provides defense against the worst sorts of people.

Royal Canadian Mounted Spetsnaz (http://www.royalcanadianmountedspetsnaz.com/History/index.html)

Finally, someone explains the mystery.

Regards,

byond1
02-07-2003, 03:30 PM
ugggg....gas in columbus, ohio is $1.80 gallon.....scary......we had riots over collage football (people have way to much time on there hands) last month......peoples going off the hook ......like they was never on a hook......know what i mean?....
when things are at a point, where peoples actions in the streets , just doing the regular things we all do in life, become more aggresive, everyday....""we have to open our eyes""....there is alot of tension here....everywhere...on campus its insane.....we have several fights everynight at the restraunt i work at....sometimes its customers fighting customers...sometimes its customers fighting employee's....the cop swat van is always around.......and this place is nothing compared to detroit ( where im from) so i shuder to think how it is back home. its a sad state of affairs

Matrix
02-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Just so you know, there are about 3.8 litres to a US gallon, so multiply Rene's 88.6 cents by 3.8 and you get $3.37 CDN per gallon.

Now $3.37 CDN is about $2.22 US. Slightly higher than the $1.80 per gallon that you're paying, by about 25%.

Sounds like things are getting a little squirrelly in your neck of the woods.

Take Care,
Matrix