PDA

View Full Version : 7 Weeks to Register for Wing Chun Camp

kj
02-07-2003, 07:47 PM
For those with interest.

Just a reminder ... there are only 7 weeks remaining to register for the 6th Annual Wing Chun Camp. Camp dates are Friday, May 2nd through Sunday, May 4th. The Camp is open to people from all families and lineages of Wing Chun.

This year's topics will include the Wing Chun sets, a special topic relating to teaching Wing chun, and LOTS of chi sau, with demonstrations, hands-on corrections, and assistance by Sifus Kenneth Chung and Ben Der throughout the weekend.

Steve and Sandy Wong will be hosting a complimentary barbecue on Saturday evening. The Wong's are notorious for putting on the best barbecues ever! We'll also have our first annual alumni awards ceremony, plus much much more. Additional topics and full agenda will be announced prior to the camp.

It will be virtually Wing Chun round the clock, and a weekend rich with technical information, chi sau till you drop, camaraderie and lots of fun. Not to mention the breathtaking scenery, views of the ocean and San Francisco skyline, hiking trails, wildlife, and more.

Full details and registration instructions are posted online at http://www.bawcsa.org and http://www.rochesterwingchun.com. If you have any questions, let me know.

Please pass this information along to anyone who may have interest. Hope to see you there!

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

reneritchie
02-07-2003, 08:17 PM
Is this like some Maury-esque boot camp segment where nasty drill seargents came out and yell at WCK neardowells, while their poor sifu cry in frustration, and then drag them off for a little WCK tough love... Or is it more with the crafts and swimming and such?

(just kidding, I know its the former!)

LOL! Have a great one guys. Don't feel too guilty enjoying the weather while I'll likely still be suffering under -40c torment...

kj
02-07-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by reneritchie
(just kidding, I know its the former!)

LOL - pretty much!!! :D

Thanks for the well wish. Our weather in Western New York is not so much different from yours. I'll try to enjoy the left coast for the both of us. :)

Regards,
- kj

Grendel
02-09-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by kj
Steve and Sandy Wong will be hosting a complimentary barbecue on Saturday evening. The Wong's are notorious for putting on the best barbecues ever! We'll also have our first annual alumni awards ceremony, plus much much more. Additional topics and full agenda will be announced prior to the camp.

I object to the term "notorious" for the Wongs, Sandy and Steve. It wasn't their fault that the local pagans scheduled a human sacrifice on the same night as their barbeque. The mixups were only natural, and we're sorry for the confusion that it caused. The human sacrifice this year will be at the alternate BBQ location.

Also you forgot to mention that it's a great surfing location and the breeding ground of great white sharks.

Full details and registration instructions are posted online at http://www.bawcsa.org and http://www.rochesterwingchun.com. If you have any questions, let me know.

Please pass this information along to anyone who may have interest. Hope to see you there!

You'll see me there unless it's dark, in which case, I'll be invisible. :p

Regards,

kj
02-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Grendel

I object to the term "notorious" for the Wongs, Sandy and Steve. It wasn't their fault that the local pagans scheduled a human sacrifice on the same night as their barbeque. The mixups were only natural, and we're sorry for the confusion that it caused. The human sacrifice this year will be at the alternate BBQ location.

I was thinking more of those who've freaked out at their delicious portabella mushroom burgers. :D:D:D

Also you forgot to mention that it's a great surfing location and the breeding ground of great white sharks.

Sun bathing sea lions are enough for me, thank you.

You'll see me there unless it's dark, in which case, I'll be invisible. :p

:rolleyes:

Regards,
- kj

John Weiland
02-09-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by kj

I was thinking more of those who've freaked out at their delicious portabella mushroom burgers. :D:D:D

Don't change the subject. :D It was dark outside and Steve misled me, I think. Yeah, notorious, that describes him.

Sun bathing sea lions are enough for me, thank you.

Uh, that may have been Bob and me. Can you tell us apart? I hope the sharks can....

If Grendel's coming, then I'll be there too.

Regards,