PDA

View Full Version : pressure points, dim mak, etc

mtod1
02-08-2003, 08:46 PM
Hi all.

Does anyone know of a decent site that explains/details pressure point locations or info on the 3 type of mak.

thanx
seeya

Mr.Binx
02-09-2003, 06:38 AM
Most of the information on this site (http://members.tripod.com/ju_jutsu_master/id55.htm) is a common plagerization of Dim Mak info across the web. This isn't particularly a subject I would be trying to learn about on the web if I were seriously considering learning such an art. Good for light reading though. :D

mtod1
02-09-2003, 04:12 PM
Hi...

mostly after information on how chi flows, how this relates to the elements etc. Not particularly interested in actual dim mak application.

seeya

yuanfen
02-09-2003, 04:24 PM
mtod 1- Thats a whole subject by itself!
One cook book wont do it.
But another Aussie on the list may rember the name of
a past 50 Aussie martial artist who hasa pretty good web site on the subject or did. He does taichi too.

mtod1
02-09-2003, 05:08 PM
you mean Earle Montague?

pseudoswitch
02-09-2003, 05:16 PM
I have one of Erle's books, the Encyclopedia of Dim Mak - It's a good introduction to the topic, it's co-written by an accupuncturist so has quite alot of details on theoretical aspects of Chi flow, healing and destruction etc.

Good book, worth a look :)

yuanfen
02-09-2003, 08:33 PM
mtod-yes

anerlich
02-10-2003, 04:12 AM
EM's site, www.taijiworld.com, has all the point locations and lots of other stuff on there. Look under "free books and articles".

He has a lot of stuff there, some of it good. I find some of his claims far-fetched, and his consistent "if you do anything other than taiji, or you listen to some of the enemies I've made shooting off my mouth, you're a moron" attitude gets a bit tedious after a while.

Personally, I take the whole thing with lots of salt. Striking weak points of the anatomy sure works, taking it to the level discussed here invites skepticism. But then none of the acupuncture treatments I've had at various times ever worked for me, so perhaps I'm a special case.

yuanfen
02-10-2003, 08:51 AM
Yes- EM has his taichi arrogance. The question of points and meridians cannot be answered in one simple place,,,but EM;s site is a start on the net. There are others..

The thing about weak points---cant learn it from charts anyway---
there are variations in location on each person. Good accupuncturists have to have to have lots of supervised hands on training and experience- and like most professional fields their can be uneven skills. Accupuncture is nota panacea... works for some things for somepeople.

But the body controls can be amazing--- 4 or 5 needles in the right places on the hands and knees- can keep you controlled.

For martial arts applications it is a hit and miss proposition....
depending on art, artist, experience and situation and good fortune.

Beginners often needlessly look for shortcuts...

[Censored]
02-10-2003, 12:09 PM
I know this isn't what you asked, but one of my favorite quotes from Wang Xiangzhai:

"Every point can be a vital point, if you hit it hard enough." :)

anerlich
02-10-2003, 02:18 PM
Heh, that's a good quote.