PDA

View Full Version : American Training Secrets For Every American

abobo
02-08-2003, 09:55 PM
Dear friend,

I’ve spent enough time in campus gyms and commercial gyms to gather incredible training secrets! In campus gyms, there are people who are in college who must be smart. In commercial gyms, there are people who are big, so they must know all about weights.

First, let’s start of with the basics. An understanding of anatomy is important. You know those arm muscles that you flex in the mirror? Those are called biceps. And the stomach muscles are called abs. The best arm exercise is concentration curls. There is no best ab exercise, but crunches and leg lifts are good. The key is doing a thousand repetitions so that you can feel the burn. The burn means you are burning fat. Great! Now you know everything you need to know about anatomy!

The next lesson is in attitude. You must make a big deal out of lifting. A big ego = bigger muscles! Make sure that you try to impress the hell out of other gym patrons. Pick a really heavy weight and strain really hard or cheat – it’s the weight that matters. Make noise. Shout at your partner during his set. Throw bars and dumbbells on the ground. And it doesn’t stop in the gym. The day after a workout, you must say “I lifted yesterday…” as a conversation starter. Attitude keeps you from changing your mind about these great secrets.

Now, let’s move on to the program. I’ll give you the basic exercises and all you need to remember is that you need low reps for strength and high reps for tone. Otherwise do three sets of ten for mass. Then only exception to this is if you use HIT. Pro bodybuilders use HIT so it must be good. They are really strong because size and strength go together. Besides HIT, the best systems are Super Slow, which is the safest, and Static Contraction Training because this one guy gained muscle and lost fat with only 20 minutes in the gym in 8 weeks.

The upper body is most important. Every workout you should do bench press and curls. The best exercise for chest is probably flyes, but you need a big bench press or you are a wuss. A good chest workout should have bench press, incline press, dumbbell bench press, and cable crossovers. This will inflate your chest from all angles. Use the pec deck if you need more work for the inner pecs. But don’t do decline press or else you will grow boobs.

Except for the first set, every set of bench press should be taken to failure. The proper technique is to go up in a barely controlled arc and then the bar should go down much faster than it came up. Once it bounces, have your spotter help you. Then you should do at least one more forced rep.

Remember to do lots of curls or else you will not get a pump.

You should always use machines instead of free weights, with the possible exception of bench press and curls, otherwise it is dangerous. If you work out at home you should get a machine because the results are guaranteed.

The most important muscles are the ones you can see, so next we’ll look at legs. The best exercise for legs is leg extensions. The next best is the leg press. It is better than squats because to do squats you need a belt. Also, deep squatting will give you big glutes.

Exercises to avoid:

Deadlifts – which will hurt your back.

Pullups - only skinny guys are good at pullups so they will make you skinny. Lat pull downs are better because you can lean back as much as you want to help get the bar down. The key to pullups and pulldowns is to use the same principle that works for curls: when it’s too heavy, swing your body some more.

After working out you must consume whey protein. It has the highest biological value and it is the key to your success. Even if you miss a workout, it is ok as long as you consume whey protein.

Training for women is easier. It’s best to learn from your boyfriend, since more and more guys are picking up on these training secrets. Focus on curls, inner and outer thighs, and leg press. Keep the reps high to tone the muscle without getting bulky. Listen to what the supermodels are doing, because supermodels are healthy. Then do an ab routine to burn fat around the midsection. If you run, make sure you keep your heart rate in the fat burning zone.

If you want to learn more about these secrets, hire a personal trainer, because personal trainers are always right.

Kungfu boy
02-09-2003, 04:25 AM
I laugheed so hard at this, I almost hurled!

premier
02-09-2003, 05:49 AM
LOL. Thanks for the info :D

Anyway.. seriously. Isn't it a good idea to use belt while squatting or deadlifting? why not?

Mr. Bao
02-09-2003, 12:30 PM
Funny!!!!

Abobo: [I’ve spent enough time in campus gyms and commercial gyms to gather incredible training secrets! In campus gyms, there are people who are in college who must be smart. In commercial gyms, there are people who are big, so they must know all about weights.]

True, I totally agree!

Abobo:[First, let’s start of with the basics. An understanding of anatomy is important. You know those arm muscles that you flex in the mirror? Those are called biceps. And the stomach muscles are called abs. The best arm exercise is concentration curls. There is no best ab exercise, but crunches and leg lifts are good. The key is doing a thousand repetitions so that you can feel the burn. The burn means you are burning fat. Great! Now you know everything you need to know about anatomy!]

You are indeed correct, as long as you can feel the burn and do infinite numbers of reps for a given contraction that is the truth of basic anatomy 101. Who cares of Grey's Anatomy, tell me how to feel the burning pain of latic acid and the bliss of no pain, no gain.

Abobo:[The next lesson is in attitude. You must make a big deal out of lifting. A big ego = bigger muscles! Make sure that you try to impress the hell out of other gym patrons. Pick a really heavy weight and strain really hard or cheat – it’s the weight that matters. Make noise. Shout at your partner during his set. Throw bars and dumbbells on the ground. And it doesn’t stop in the gym. The day after a workout, you must say “I lifted yesterday…” as a conversation starter. Attitude keeps you from changing your mind about these great secrets.]

This is one of forgetten American secret mental sport psychologies often missed in most studies in strength conditioning which the the retards Russians and eastern european have overlooked indeed. Thank god for you and the blessed few who remember. I also forgot this mental exercise of strength and power. I am glad you reminded of the hulk principle which is think big and be big. We should act as if like the green Hulk if we want to gain huge gains and size! Forget David Banner and bring out the dumb and super strong hulk alter ego to the gym floor. Yes, this it correct!

Abobo [Now, l et’s move on to the program. I’ll give you the basic exercises and all you need to remember is that you need low reps for strength and high reps for tone. Otherwise do three sets of ten for mass. Then only exception to this is if you use HIT. Pro bodybuilders use HIT so it must be good. They are really strong because size and strength go together. Besides HIT, the best systems are Super Slow, which is the safest, and Static Contraction Training because this one guy gained muscle and lost fat with only 20 minutes in the gym in 8 weeks.]

I believe that all methods are good. I love all methods when it makes me feel so sore that I can't practice my martial arts skills and that I am in the cycle of trying to recover from an intense sets of muscular failure exercises. I know that if I keep trying, my soreness is just pain leaving my body and my skills in the martial arts will just blossom and bloom is all it glories when I know that I have the strength of a body building god.

Abobo: [The upper body is most important. Every workout you should do bench press and curls. The best exercise for chest is probably flyes, but you need a big bench press or you are a wuss. A good chest workout should have bench press, incline press, dumbbell bench press, and cable crossovers. This will inflate your chest from all angles. Use the pec deck if you need more work for the inner pecs. But don’t do decline press or else you will grow boobs.]

So true! Darn it! Amen! This is the gospel. Preach on brother Abobo!

Abobo: [Except for the first set, every set of bench press should be taken to failure. The proper technique is to go up in a barely controlled arc and then the bar should go down much faster than it came up. Once it bounces, have your spotter help you. Then you should do at least one more forced rep.]

I would also add that to not control the weight and let it bouce off your chest, arch your back and lift your butt off the bench for better leverage. Boucing the press adds explosive power and generate good force for growth!

Abobo: [Remember to do lots of curls or else you will not get a pump.]

True true and afterward flex in the mirror especially when the ladies are around in the gym.

Abobo: [You should always use machines instead of free weights, with the possible exception of bench press and curls, otherwise it is dangerous. If you work out at home you should get a machine because the results are guaranteed.]

Yes, like samurai jack, he knows the truth about this american secret.

Abobo: [The most important muscles are the ones you can see, so next we’ll look at legs. The best exercise for legs is leg extensions. The next best is the leg press. It is better than squats because to do squats you need a belt. Also, deep squatting will give you big glutes.]

There are leg muscles besides the front tights? I love my belt because I dont know how to control the heavy weights without it, only weaklings dont wear belts. Plus I dont want to train my core stability. F--- that fancy stupid talk of core stability. i love my belt and wear all the time even when I in bed with my girl.

Abobo: [Exercises to avoid: Deadlifts – which will hurt your back.]

True, I do bar curls with to train my back. I often feel there more than bis anyways.

Abobo: [Pullups - only skinny guys are good at pullups so they will make you skinny. Lat pull downs are better because you can lean back as much as you want to help get the bar down. The key to pullups and pulldowns is to use the same principle that works for curls: when it’s too heavy, swing your body some more.]

True, chins are for ***s. Real men do lat pull down, the king of all of back exercises. It said so in Body for Life and other great mags such as Iron Men to use lat pull downs for Lat developments.

Abodo: [After working out you must consume whey protein. It has the highest biological value and it is the key to your success. Even if you miss a workout, it is ok as long as you consume whey protein.]

This is actually true except about missing the workout part, LoL. Whey alone will not build muscle or strength....

Abobo: [Training for women is easier. It’s best to learn from your boyfriend, since more and more guys are picking up on these training secrets. Focus on curls, inner and outer thighs, and leg press. Keep the reps high to tone the muscle without getting bulky. Listen to what the supermodels are doing, because supermodels are healthy. Then do an ab routine to burn fat around the midsection. If you run, make sure you keep your heart rate in the fat burning zone. ]

This what I tell my females clients to do and darn it, it works. I love it when my girl friend cany walk for a week after a workout with me.

Abobo: [If you want to learn more about these secrets, hire a personal trainer, because personal trainers are always right. ]

I am a personal trainer and this true. Abobo is correct. I have all the answers and I do have years of experience to prove it.

Mr. Bao
02-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Pre:

I have a link for you to see www.chekinstitute.com/articles.cfm?select=16. and www.chekinstitute.com/articles.cfm?select=17. Please read article to understand why the belt aint good.

David
02-10-2003, 02:31 AM
Everything I needed to know on one page!

-David

Losttrak
02-10-2003, 08:24 AM
I have actually once heard these Cletuses shouting, "You're in the Temple of PAIN!!! RAAAAAAHHH!!!" There is no place better for people-watching than the gym. lol

Robinf
02-10-2003, 12:22 PM
Tears came down my cheeks, I laughed so hard.

You forgot cardio: The elipticals are the best thing and you must hold on to the side rails and either lean forward or sit back--either way so your butt hangs out). If you must use the stairsteppers, then be certain to hold onto the rails and lean forward or you won't get the leg sculpting benefits. And always have something to read so it distratcts you from the exercise and you won't be able to push yourself too hard.

:p

I have seen all of this at every gym I've every worked out in. The especially funny one is the boyfriend training the girlfriend. That's just too funny and too true!

Personally, has anyone ever been interrupted on a routine basis by people asking you if you're done with something. I was in the middle of a set of shoulder press with dumbbells and the idiot asked me if I was done with them. Another time, I was doing leg lifts from a shoulder stand and someone asked me if I was finished with the dumbbells next to me--I mean my legs are over my head and this idiot expects me to pay attention to her.

I have to thank those people, though. I just hand over the weights and go to heavier ones and drop my sets back a few reps. Because of them, I think I'm getting stronger faster. I'm now at the heavier weights no one wants--over 20lbs.

Mr. Bao
02-10-2003, 06:35 PM
Amen. Robin

Suntzu
02-11-2003, 12:04 PM
I'm callin homeland security on you guys… you're giving away national secrets… it treasonist and unpatriotic… you're all going to he||… god does not like unpatriotic american spies…

[Censored]
02-11-2003, 05:36 PM
Sweet! I read this and totally flipped out!

kenso
02-11-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by [Censored]
Sweet! I read this and totally flipped out!

Me too! I would have totally kicked my mom in the head, except I lifted yesterday, and was still feeling the burn.

StarBoy
02-11-2003, 08:13 PM
If I could quote Red Peters, "I laughed so hard I fudged my undies"... :D

You forgot two very important things:

1) Always wrap yourself in saran wrap before cardio

2) Always do lat pulldowns behind the head (and to be even more bad ass, do them to failure).

This came at a perfect time. I've been out of the loop for a while and I'm trying to restructure a program. I've been asking around, and as ignorant I am, I'm finding so-called "knowledgeable" people even worse.

I was almost tempted to hire a personal trainer to help me rebuild my basic knowledge. Then I figured there's a pretty decent chance that he or she would be a moron so that's a waste of my hard earned $$$.

On a serious note, what is up with that? Why are martial artists (who essentially only do weights to suppliment their art) more knowledgeable than the so-called professionals in the field?

Hmm...maybe I should find a martial artist personal trainer, eh? :)

Mr. Bao
02-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Martial artist personal trainer, well that is me.