PDA

View Full Version : OT: Is your boss an idiot?

TaoBoy
02-09-2003, 03:15 PM
My work-life is reading like a Dilbert cartoon.

Is your boss as stupid as mine?

Go on - get it off your chest. Tell us just how stupid your boss actually is.

dezhen2001
02-09-2003, 03:44 PM
thought u just had a new job? :confused:
least ur not wokring for yourself otherwise part of u is calling your alter-ego an idiot :D

feels weird with no smartass comments from serpent!

dawood

joedoe
02-09-2003, 03:45 PM
Yes, my boss is an idiot. Unfortunately I am my own boss :D

dezhen2001
02-09-2003, 03:47 PM
LOL :D

wish i had a boss (ie. job) so i could call him/her an idiot too :(
maybe someday - guess it tarnishes the student 'image'...

dawood

TaoBoy
02-09-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by dezhen2001
thought u just had a new job? :confused:
least ur not wokring for yourself otherwise part of u is calling your alter-ego an idiot :D

feels weird with no smartass comments from serpent!

dawood

Still stuck at my old job.
They are actually gonna make me stay the whole month.
It's mismanagement 101 here.

dezhen2001
02-09-2003, 04:23 PM
ah ok... so now they know ur leaving they are making your life hell... :p

i got 1 job at the university (IT help desk) but they refuse ot give me mor ehours even though they know how screwed up my financial position is :(

im looking for another job too but theres not much available hehe

dawood

WinterPalm
02-09-2003, 05:19 PM
My boss is a bloody twit.

fa_jing
02-10-2003, 10:11 AM
Mine is a useless dinosaur that is unfortunately lazy as well and completely unwilling to learn anything new. He's been a project manager for the last 20 years and basically justifies his position by picking something to complain about, sticking his nose in our business and setting arbitrary deadlines. He does nothing for his employees except share rumors, and does not faciliate the delivery of service to the client which is his primary purpose. He is also jealous of me and doesn't want to see anyone succeed.

apoweyn
02-10-2003, 10:14 AM
my current boss is great. for my feelings on my previous boss, see my quote in sevenstar's sig line.

stuart b.

Suntzu
02-10-2003, 10:27 AM
actually… my boss is a smart dude… he can be a lil long wided at times and downright dull at others… he's a good man for the job…… but I could kick his azz up and down these hallways ;) :D

PHILBERT
02-10-2003, 02:53 PM
A coworker tried to pick a fight with me, even hit me 3 times (2 pushes and one strike using his shoulder) and management accused me of harassing him when I was doing my job. Even threatened to fire both me and him when all I did was my job.

Brad
02-10-2003, 03:19 PM
3 of my bosses are really nice hot blonde girls in their early 20's... there used to be 4 hot blonds and a hot asain girl too, but two transfered :-P

fa_jing
02-11-2003, 11:37 AM
Brad - so you work washing hair at the Beauty Salon? Or do you buff the nails?
:D

Ajax
02-11-2003, 04:30 PM
My former boss "let me go" last summer just when I'd finished building him an online lumber trading system which was two years in the making. Gratifyingly however, the beaurocratic ass he hired to replace me ran the company into the ground. :D

Laughing Cow
02-11-2003, 04:39 PM
My Boss is ok I guess.

Had worse and better.

TaoBoy
02-11-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by fa_jing
Mine is a useless dinosaur that is unfortunately lazy as well and completely unwilling to learn anything new. He's been a project manager for the last 20 years and basically justifies his position by picking something to complain about, sticking his nose in our business and setting arbitrary deadlines. He does nothing for his employees except share rumors, and does not faciliate the delivery of service to the client which is his primary purpose. He is also jealous of me and doesn't want to see anyone succeed.

I call this seagull management.

They come in sh!t on everything and then leave.

fa_jing
02-12-2003, 02:57 PM
I've just sent an e-mail to the director (one level up) informing him of the difficulties I've been having and requesting to report to somebody else. I expect to get my way as my project manager (the d!ckhead) has no relevance to my current assignment and it should be better for all involved if I am shifted to another group. I've put up with this sh!t for far too long (3 years.) This has nothing to do with the thread, purely coincidental that things have come to a head now. The time came to make a move and I am fully aware of the implications of my actions. Thanks for listening to my rant and I'll give you the scoop next week.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

joedoe
02-12-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by TaoBoy

I call this seagull management.

They come in sh!t on everything and then leave.

I call them arm-wavers - when the sh!t hits the fan, they stand around and yell and wave their arms. :D

TaoBoy
02-12-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by fa_jing
I've just sent an e-mail to the director (one level up) informing him of the difficulties I've been having and requesting to report to somebody else. I expect to get my way as my project manager (the d!ckhead) has no relevance to my current assignment and it should be better for all involved if I am shifted to another group. I've put up with this sh!t for far too long (3 years.) This has nothing to do with the thread, purely coincidental that things have come to a head now. The time came to make a move and I am fully aware of the implications of my actions. Thanks for listening to my rant and I'll give you the scoop next week.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

Good luck with everything.
It's nice to hear someone is standing up for themselves!

fa_jing
02-19-2003, 04:00 PM
I got the transfer to the other project manager, as well as the opportunity to vent, abeit diplomatically, to the director. Now I can concentrate on my work, for a change. Hey y'all if you have a good case make it. And I'm sure this puts my ex-manager next in line to be canned if they downsize because another complained about him before.