PDA

View Full Version : Heads up, Ultimate Fighter

black and blue
02-12-2003, 02:56 AM
Your signature says you're from England.

I train in London and Sussex, and I'm always on the lookout for someone new to exchange ideas with.

Where abouts do you train?

Want to hook up sometime for Chi Sau, a look at form differences etc?

Duncan

UltimateFighter
02-12-2003, 09:59 AM
You could always use the PM function you know.........

KenWingJitsu
02-12-2003, 01:33 PM
"Want to hook up sometime for Chi Sau, a look at form differences etc?"

lol. How about hooking up for some sparring!

OdderMensch
02-12-2003, 02:31 PM
the English never spar on thier first date. It's not proper. ;)

reneritchie
02-12-2003, 02:55 PM
I thought it was good form as long as you took a break for high tea promptly at 4pm?

(Hey, Tan Sao me a scone, mate...)

PQS
02-12-2003, 05:51 PM
Duncan,
I wouldn't mind meeting up with you, and others although I have been only traing for 7 months, it would be good to compare the different way's of training (I'm sorry I do not have the experience of others on here of my lineage)
regards
Peter

bougeac
02-13-2003, 02:28 AM
hi black and blue, im studying the augustine fong method and am in the slough area once every six weeks, if you want to get together and exchange ideas/spar let me know...

im next there on sat 8th march

black and blue
02-13-2003, 02:53 AM
UltimateFighter - PM'd you... hope we can meet up sometime :)

KWJ - Man, you've got an obsession with sparring :) Chi Sau and forms first, me thinks... I don't want to sound like I'm challenging anyone.

Rene and OdderMensch - Ah, you know us too well :) But I'm a working class lad... pork scratchings and a pint of Flowers are fine for a first date, but no hanky panky. Any talk of 'touching hands' and I'll be reaching for the pub darts, fellas!!!

PQS and bougeac - I'd love to meet. I've only been training for two years, so I'm hardly that experienced myself ;). I'm at my girlfriends in south London (Clapham/Balham) most weekends, and Sundays are a good day for me if anyone's interested.

The next couple of weekends I've got WC seminars to attend, and March 3-10 I'm in Seville (stocking up on Marmalade, Rene :) ), but I'm keen to meet after that.

bougeac - I train with a guy in London who studied Fong's Wing Chun when he was at Uni in Exeter. He's been at Kamon for about a year I think. It would be good to meet another Fong man and exchange ideas.

So, MID MARCH IT IS!!!

PQS
02-14-2003, 01:51 AM
Can't do mid March I will be in San Francisco
maybe in April
regards
Peter

black and blue
02-14-2003, 02:40 AM
Sure... we can hook up in April if that's better. We'll arrange nearer the time, then.

Be safe flying to the States (and flying back, of course).

Duncan

bougeac
02-14-2003, 06:07 PM
hi, as i said before, im next in the uk during the weekend 8/9 march then i'll be over next during early april so perhaps april would be better...

btw did the guy who trained in my system in exeter train under sifu vernon??

how long did he train for, if for any time he must have found a lot of differences between our system and the kamon, for example i believe you guys train using the 60/40 weight distribution , we go for 50/50 (no heavy/light leg) .

always interested to meet up with people from other lineages and to hear the explanations people give for the concepts/shapes found in the system (although its quite laughable the number of people who answer most questions by saying "because sifu says so...")

black and blue
02-17-2003, 02:48 AM
I'll ask Grant who he trained under, as he did mention it... I just can't remember :(

As far as I know he trained for a year or more, but I can't say for certain.

We train a 40/60 weight distribution, but when shifting/turning, stepping ect, distribution is constantly changing, so I don't think this was a problem for him. In SNT he seemed to have a slightly wider stance.

He's been training hard and is very good - as far as I can tell his previous experience hasn't hampered his development in any way.

So... lets do April. Will PM you when it gets a little closer.

Cheers