people actually watch that show?!

sean_stonehart
02-12-2003, 10:09 AM
Yeah I caught it...

Yeah I watch it too... for two reasons... Chloe & Lana in that order
;)

Black Jack
02-12-2003, 10:10 AM
I will step up. Tuesday is my only night where I focus to watch the boob tube. It has buffy, smallville and the shield on right after.

As a comic book guy I tend to be suckered into any show or movie that has those elements in it. At least untell I find out it blows hard, like that birds of prey show was, man what a dog that was.

red5angel
02-12-2003, 10:11 AM
Is this another one of those shows that relies pretty much on the looks of the female actors to get ratings? Baywatch, Voyager, now smallville?

BJ - I am a huge Superman fan and thats why I have chosen to miss it. Lately the creative interpretation on comic book heroes has got out of hand in my opinion. Its gone from respectable comic book silliness to just down right silliness.

Black Jack
02-12-2003, 10:14 AM
Not at all, Smallville has a lot of potential IMHO, it still needs some fine tuning, but I enjoy it.

The constant in and out attempts with Lana are getting a little pushy but I always that Chole was hotter anyway.

Red-I 100% agree, but on the average I find this show to be pretty solid. At least for now anyway, it still needs work in the Lex department, the relationship department, and the growth of clark among other things.

Souljah
02-12-2003, 10:16 AM
FINALLY, someone made a thread on it, I was abit unsure whether this would go down well....lol

I havent downloaded it yet....

RED5, nah I wouldnt say its like baywatch and that....though thelooks do draw people towards it. :D
Its like every guys childhood fantasy to have special powers so it brings back the good innocent times.....lol thats y im hooked anyway.....

:D

red5angel
02-12-2003, 10:17 AM
yeah but what happened to superman being form the 30's or 40's?!
I just don't get why everything has to have this bland teeny bopper theme going on all the time.

I just remember being in high school and at that age, I didn't spend a whole lot of time in front of the tv, so is that age group really that big a draw?

SevenStar
02-12-2003, 10:26 AM
Soul, this is actually the second thread - Xeb and I had one a while back.

I think the show has plenty of potential - I like the concept of focusing on Clark BEFORE he became superman and seeing how the relationship between he and Lex was formed. For the same reasons, I loved "Unbreakable"

SevenStar
02-12-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by red5angel
yeah but what happened to superman being form the 30's or 40's?!
I just don't get why everything has to have this bland teeny bopper theme going on all the time.

I just remember being in high school and at that age, I didn't spend a whole lot of time in front of the tv, so is that age group really that big a draw?

the 30's and 40's would not draw an audience now. At least, not unless they mixed so that they still had modern technology, a la Batman: The animated series.

When I was in high school, girls stayed in front of the TV, fawning over Dawson's Creek. In Jr. high, it was 90210. In my generation, pre teens and teens spent plenty of time in front of the TV. I'd venture to say that, yes, it is that big of a draw.

yenhoi
02-12-2003, 10:32 AM
I watch the show, it comes on right after tuesday night training!

Its a cool show, but I think this young super man is a very stupid mother ****er.

At least he gets kinda smarter when hes older and gets the hot ass lois lane!

Its the comic book fan in me! I swear!

SevenStar
02-12-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by sean_stonehart
Yeah I caught it...

Yeah I watch it too... for two reasons... Chloe & Lana in that order
;)

Am I the only one who thinks lana looks better than chloe?

And yeah, BJ - Birds of Prey sucked. Horribly.

yenhoi
02-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Voyager is a cool show too red5 you stupid ****!

I didnt watch it until recently when it has a re-run on everyday, its pretty neat!

:eek:

Former castleva
02-12-2003, 10:55 AM
I do not like it.

FatherDog
02-12-2003, 10:57 AM
Batman: The Animated Series rocked the house.

These days, the only TV I watch is Buffy and Adult Swim. And I train on Tuesdays, and my VCR is broken, so I download Buffy.

My coach was mighty ****ed when he realized he'd forgotten to tape Smallville last night, though. :D

red5angel
02-12-2003, 11:19 AM
yenhoi are you insane?! not only did they NOT come up with any original ideas for that show, they shot the ship halfway across the galaxy so they could come up with unoriginal and tired ST plots. On top of all that, the show started to die, and they had to pick it up by putting a borg in a body suit!!!!
keeerist, I guess simple pleasures for simple people! ;)

SevenStar
02-12-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by FatherDog
Batman: The Animated Series rocked the house.

These days, the only TV I watch is Buffy and Adult Swim. And I train on Tuesdays, and my VCR is broken, so I download Buffy.

My coach was mighty ****ed when he realized he'd forgotten to tape Smallville last night, though. :D

I hate that Batman no longer comes on. I thought Spiderman was pretty cool also - the first one they did, not Spectacular Spider man where he was trapped in an alternate dimension. Batman Beyond was okay, as was the Superman animated series. Justice League is dope.

Tell your coach he missed a good one. I'll sell him a tape of it for the right price... :D

Hai_To
02-12-2003, 11:42 AM
I watch the show. I'm a big Superman fan so I knew I'd watch it. Its pretty cool. I like how they are developing Clark and Lex before they became bitter enemies.

BTW, SevenStar, I think Lana is by far the better looking one.

SevenStar
02-12-2003, 11:49 AM
You've got good taste, my friend.

sean_stonehart
02-12-2003, 11:53 AM
7* Lana is very hot, but Chloe appeals to me more. She's got a naturalness to her that Lana just doesn't have. Lana is put across as having a "look" & Chloe is just Chloe.

Enterprises isn't that good. T'pol on the other hand is way too hot. Voyager was pretty much useless, except for 7 of 9 & her catsuit.

FatherDog
02-12-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar

I hate that Batman no longer comes on.

Yeah, really. For my money, that was one of the best products of American animation on television. Great art, great tone, good style, and the plots were intelligent even though it was on during the "kids time".

I thought Spiderman was pretty cool also - the first one they did, not Spectacular Spider man where he was trapped in an alternate dimension.

I never got into Spiderman, for the same reason I never got into Gargoyles- it was a serial format. I worked constantly in high school, and I could never watch the same show five days a week. Batman was episodic, so that wasn't a big problem, but I couldn't keep track of the serials.

Batman Beyond was okay, as was the Superman animated series. Justice League is dope.

Now, Batman Beyond I never got into because when it came out, it was on 10am on Saturdays, and I was in college. I'd usually been asleep for about two hours at that point. :D

red5angel
02-12-2003, 02:13 PM
I think all my angst on this subject comes from my issues with the PG-13 rating, talk about something that killed good cinema....

Taomonkey
02-12-2003, 03:47 PM
"borg in a body suit!!!! "

but what a body

As for smallville, its an OK show, its the only SuperHero show my wife has ever liked, Clark is a great big weinie, but it has cool music. When's the boy gonna learn to fly?

red5angel
02-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Taomonkey, I agree she looks good but I think its a disturbing trend in american television, especially say science fiction. The original series had its own brand of sexuality but they didn't ride their success out on it. TNG was much better about not using sexual exploitation, to essentially captivate an audience. DP(, same thing. Voyager came along, and flopped, in my opinion because instead of taking a brand new idea and running with it, they used the same tired plots that were already getting worn out when they were on TNG. On top of all that I just got sick of all the "circumstantial" crap that when on, like here we are in the Delta Quadrant and hey! it turns out that not only do we have a Native American first officer, but his people turn out to be from this wuadrant anyway!!! and on and on and on. So far I am enjoying Enterprise, but I am really dissappointed in the Vulcan in a body suit thing. In EVERY other ST movie/show, all you see are people in Robes or in uniform, yet strangely enough, this particular vulcan just happens to enjoy wearing body suits :rolleyes:

greyseal
02-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Smallville is surprisingly good--I've been watching it since the second episode. Lana is far hotter than Chloe. Chloe has that -tee-hee- look about her.
Even though I like the show, Lex's exeptional timing in the saving of his brother in the beginning of last night's episode was one of the CHEESIEST things I've seen in a long time. Puh-leeze!
Nice revelation about Lionel Luthor not being blind though . . .

Taomonkey
02-12-2003, 06:01 PM
R5A
Your right on, great concepts, poor writing, pressures of the weekly show etc. Guys were out of Ideas what do you think,,hey lets put some hot babe from Maxim Mag or Playboy is a skin tight suit, and whammo instant success.
Enterprise has its moments, but in reality they are really outgunned to be that far from home, but its got to be tough to make everything look more primitive than the balsa wood props from Star Trek. Of wait they cant.

SevenStar
02-12-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by greyseal

Yeah, that was great.

SevenStar
02-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Taomonkey
"borg in a body suit!!!! "

but what a body

As for smallville, its an OK show, its the only SuperHero show my wife has ever liked, Clark is a great big weinie, but it has cool music. When's the boy gonna learn to fly?

the music is pretty cool. I don't think Clark's a weinie though - he reminds me of several people I knew in high school. Little by little he's gaining extra powers, I think over the next few seasons you'll see him fly and you'll see Lex start to become evil.

Souljah
02-12-2003, 06:50 PM
I think he should actually learn some kung fu (or any ma for that matter)...
Not that it matters when he gets his but it makes for some more interesting fight scenes with people that can match his strength...

I think Ice breath is next on the list for him right?
flyings the ultimate though, cant wait till they bring that in.

It does P!ss me off how clark and lana keep getting soooo close to bein together but theres always somethin to stop them (especially in the 'rush' episode last week).

I like the constant urge to outsmart eachother between lex and his dad is pretty slick... and the numurous historical and mythological references they make when talking...gotta love it

peace

PHILBERT
02-12-2003, 10:50 PM
I caught it, it was the first episode I've gotten to watch in the last year. I usually train Monday/Wednesday evening and I work every other night. I download the episodes then, only way I'd get to see it.

SevenStar, I too think Lana is way hotter. Chloe has this freakish thing with her front teeth, not that I don't think she is hot and I'd hit it with her and all that.

I like Lex alot in the show, probably one of my more favorite characters. Heck I like both Lex and his dad. As for the new one, whatever his name is, Lance, Loki, whatever, haven't seen enough to determine. As of right now I don't care for him, reminds me of a snobbish boyband member.

I remember last year when it first started, like after the 4th or 5th episode I got onto thewb.com and said "STOP WITH THE VILLAINS OF THE WEEK EPISODE! Each episode is the same, villain appears, Clark defeats that person, episode ends." It got really crappy. I said they needed to start writing in little things for future episodes early. Like you meet Joe Blow, then 4 weeks later he dies. Now it's gotten way cooler than it was when it first started because now they are actually writing the episodes so they tie together.

I knew Lionel was so faking being blind. At first I thought he was, until the episode where Clark used the powers with him right there and I thought "I bet he's faking it..."

One more thing, I don't think Clark should learn Kung Fu, seeing him assume a stance from Shaolin, Hung Gar or Choy Lay Fut would be um...funny. Not to mention he might hurt people when sparring, like he did Lex's brother by hitting him by mistake. As for flying, he is already somewhat learning it. In one episode he wakes up floating in the air above his bed (last season) then fell down and landed on the bed. Then in the season premiere of this season he talks about how he felt like he was capable of controlling where he was flying while in the tornado.

SifuAbel
02-13-2003, 04:26 AM
Sex with Superman is suicidal.
Think about it. If he shoots, it would be like a bullet and kill the poor girl and anybody else in a straight line for miles.

:D :D :D

Souljah
02-13-2003, 04:26 AM
As for flying, he is already somewhat learning it. In one episode he wakes up floating in the air above his bed (last season) then fell down and landed on the bed. Then in the season premiere of this season he talks about how he felt like he was capable of controlling where he was flying while in the tornado.

Yea well he hasnt actuall consiously gained control over it , when this happens it will be great...

U guys should try and get the episodes from packetnews.com (if your familiar with mIRC), cos kazaa just takes the pizzle, people never want to share of just restrict their bandwidth sooo much theres no point...

Suntzu
02-13-2003, 08:30 AM
sorry I missed this convo yesterday… let me chime in for a minute… Souljah… that fist is like dat… Lana is hotter but they both would get bent over… I'm glad they stopped with the villian every week thing… I predict Clark's dad is gonna kill pops Luther because he knows Clark's secret and that's how Lex and Clark become enemies... Lex might even kill Clark's dad for revenge... Christopher Reeves is gonna be on there next week... Unbreakable was cool... but if they do a sequel... its skrewed... and Smallville is just gonna be a waste of time in the end... cuz when the next Superman movie comes out... it will have nothing to do with the show...

StarBoy
02-14-2003, 05:47 PM
This post is gonna be kinda quote-happy...:)

Its a cool show, but I think this young super man is a very stupid mother ****er.

I busted out laughing so loud when I read this...

Sex with Superman is suicidal.
Think about it. If he shoots, it would be like a bullet and kill the poor girl and anybody else in a straight line for miles.

This was pretty funny too... :D

Am I the only one who thinks lana looks better than chloe?

I'm more into "Lana" too. Mostly because I don't like blondes. She has a nicer body, though she kinda has that glassy/vacuous look in her eyes that makes me think conversation isn't a strong point with her...kind of a tough call, though I still say "Lana".

Even though I like the show, Lex's exeptional timing in the saving of his brother in the beginning of last night's episode was one of the CHEESIEST things I've seen in a long time. Puh-leeze!

I agree on both parts. The Lionel Luthor not being blind deal almost makes up for the uber-cheese intro...

It does P!ss me off how clark and lana keep getting soooo close to bein together but theres always somethin to stop them (especially in the 'rush' episode last week).

I don't think it's never going to happen. Or if it does, it just won't work. I mean, how intense can it get if he eventually ends up with Lois Lane anyway, right? I think the whole Lana Lane thing is just a drama device the WB is using to give the show that extra "Dawson's Creek"-ness... :p

I like the constant urge to outsmart eachother between lex and his dad is pretty slick... and the numurous historical and mythological references they make when talking...gotta love it

I always though the implementation of the references were contrived. They just never fit into the converstation well. Granted, the extra knowledge is cool, but it disrupts the flow of a natural dialogue.

I hate that Batman no longer comes on. I thought Spiderman was pretty cool also - the first one they did, not Spectacular Spider man where he was trapped in an alternate dimension. Batman Beyond was okay, as was the Superman animated series. Justice League is dope.

Amen to that...I don't have cable now (grad school budget), but I loved all those shows. I thought the Spiderman in the other dimension was just too wacky though. It would have been good for a couple episodes, but they played it out way too much. I liked Batman Beyond a lot. I thought they handled the future of Batman pretty well. Justice League almost makes me want to get a third job so I can get cable. I see it whenever I visit relatives. I wish I could see what that's going to develop into.

On a related note, anyone seen the ads for Daredevil? I have to say, that looks totally cheap-ass. First of all, Ben Affleck a superhero? There's just something wrong with that. The only person I've seen in the ads for that movie that I like is Colin Farrell, but all the acting in that movie looks extremely lame. I'm definitely taking a pass on this one...

Souljah
02-14-2003, 05:49 PM
Souljah… that fist is like dat

sorry just noticed this......

now I can say....

huh? dont quite get u....(my avatar?)

SevenStar
02-14-2003, 06:56 PM
A sequel to unbreakable? another superman movie? Are you speculating, or did you hear/read this somewhere?

SevenStar
02-14-2003, 06:57 PM
Ben Affleck may not be so bad as DD. I mean, who ever woulda thought of tobey mcguire as spiderman?

StarBoy
02-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Though Toby McGuire looks kinda geeky, I was actually surprised how well he did the Peter Parker bit. Kirsten Dunst is a lousy Mary Jane, but everyone else was pretty good.

Ben Affleck shouldn't play a superhero, he's just not that kind of actor. I can't see him playing anything but the run-of-the-mill, pop culture movies. Everyone else looks pretty bad in that movie too. Farrell barely even looks passable as an actor, and I like him.

SevenStar
02-14-2003, 09:31 PM
I like carmen electra in anything. And as far as sheer size goes, I don't think they coulda picked a better kingpin.

PHILBERT
02-14-2003, 11:05 PM
I like carmen electra in anything. And as far as sheer size goes, I don't think they coulda picked a better kingpin.

Don't you mean Jennifer Garner? She plays the roll of Elektra Notchios, DD's girlfriend. Though Carmen Elecktra in anything is nice too.

Mr.Binx
02-14-2003, 11:09 PM
TV really exists? :eek:

Former castleva
02-15-2003, 03:11 AM
This is for real.
The superman.

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/reeveu.html

SevenStar
02-15-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by PHILBERT

Don't you mean Jennifer Garner? She plays the roll of Elektra Notchios, DD's girlfriend. Though Carmen Elecktra in anything is nice too.

What in the world was I thinkiing? You know what my mind muta been on while I was typing that!

SevenStar
02-15-2003, 03:30 PM
Reeve is a strong man.

No_Know
02-16-2003, 05:11 PM
It might be considered sexist to note the physical outstanding features of any of the female or male characters of Smallville...

However I would like to address the niceness of Clark's mother.
If it's someone else's, Am I still a mother(like)er?

And he crossed the us off of his new car after Smallville went on the air. He did that so that he could drive a LEXX

SevenStar gets pinned or submitted he now cries SomebO d y, SAaaaaaave meeee...

SevenStar
02-16-2003, 06:52 PM
I actually have the mp3 of that song...

yenhoi
02-16-2003, 11:31 PM
Lex's dad is my favorite character, specially since he faked blindness, thats just the kind of cold heartedness that I can appreciate, pure genius.

Also, Ben Affleck IS daredevil. Not to mention he IS daredevil. He wrote some marvel daredevil stuff too, which would make sense, because he IS daredevil.

PHILBERT
02-17-2003, 12:01 AM
Not to mention he is a fan of comics, and in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (With BEN AFFLECK in it) there is a sequence with Daredevil practicing in a movie studio.

yenhoi
02-17-2003, 12:12 AM
true dat.

its like hes living every comic book geek's dream, and he gets some hot latina ass to go with it.

StarBoy
02-17-2003, 06:15 AM
Lex's dad is my favorite character...

I thought he was much better in Brimstone when he played Satan. Now that was a good show. His character in Smallville is a pretty one dimensional bad guy.

yenhoi
02-17-2003, 09:02 AM
best kind.

yenhoi
02-18-2003, 10:27 PM
What a great show 27 minutes into it!

yenhoi
02-18-2003, 10:35 PM
now its getting all cushy.

:(

SevenStar
02-19-2003, 12:42 AM
Wasn't too bad... it was sad how chloe got dissed though.

No_Know
02-21-2003, 02:36 PM
Dissing, make people symathetic.

Keeps you watching. Hoping things get better.

SevenStar
02-21-2003, 08:18 PM
Nah, I really don't care if it gets better for her. It was sad, but that's not what I watch the show for.

Souljah
02-22-2003, 07:40 AM
next question: So why DO you watch the show SevenStar?
Is it because of the oscar winning performances?

SevenStar
04-15-2003, 10:20 PM
New Episode!!

PHILBERT
04-15-2003, 10:37 PM
New Episode!!

Just finished downloading, gonna watch it here in a minute.

PHILBERT
04-15-2003, 10:53 PM
****ers. They took the last new episode, the one with Christopher Reeve and renamed it to this episode as a prank. I hope they burn in hell.

SevenStar
04-15-2003, 11:09 PM
ROFLMFAO!!!

PHILBERT
04-15-2003, 11:32 PM
I paged them and called them some nasty names.

triskellin
04-16-2003, 12:07 AM
yeah i wanna know why they do that! i must have d/led at least 3 charmed episodes that turned out to be either buffy, dark angel or friends, and i'm on dial up so you can imagine how long i have to wait for each eppy. so far so good with smallville, all the eps i have so far are right. i don't get how on the WB website they put 'redux' as a 'season 2' ep by itself and not in order with the rest of this season? and the only bad thing with packetnews and mirc is that it doesn't auto resume like kazaa when you get d/c in the middle of the night. i have 10 eps in queue atm... *sigh* just another 20 days before they're all down!

Souljah
04-16-2003, 04:04 AM
I just got the same problem.....:mad: :mad:

"
****ers. They took the last new episode, the one with Christopher Reeve and renamed it to this episode as a prank. I hope they burn in hell.

LMAO

I guess im gonna have to wait for the mIRC version to become more available - THEY NEVER LIE :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PHILBERT
04-18-2003, 12:00 AM
SPOON! I found a copy. :D :D