PDA

View Full Version : Going to London, friday. HOW TO FIGHT TERRORISTS?

Kristoffer
02-12-2003, 02:50 PM
I think there's a small chance of terrorists hijacking my plane from Sweden but just in case:

What is a tactic on an airplane? I was thinking glass-bottles would be great. You can break them and turn them into sharp objects. What else? I can throw stuff, shoes, the crappy chicken/fish meal, someones bag, my brother etc.. Maybe you could romove the seats? Or make a rope dart variant from the seatbelts.

When in the city however I have NO chance. How do u fight bombs, with side kicks? :D

I'm not all that nervous but u never know. And since they beleive STRONGLY that something will happen and they have increased the police force from like 400 to 1000 this weekend. + Millitary and tanks........................ :eek:

I'm not planning to buy anything coz of the high prices but maybe if I see any cool clothes. I'l be gone to monday I think.

Sho
02-12-2003, 03:14 PM
Du ska bli vår kungfu-hjälte när du har slagit dom. :D

Chang Style Novice
02-12-2003, 03:22 PM
I've never been served a glass bottle or metal tableware on an airplane - I'm sure they haven't started since 18 months ago.

Things that might not seem suspicious but could (conceivably) be used as weapons:

a cane (walking stick)
drumsticks
sharp pencils
belt
etc.

ewallace
02-12-2003, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it. The best thing you can do in this and most other situations is to simply be very observant of your surroundings.

On the plane, watch for strange things like folks going to the bathroom at odd times, staying in the bathroom for long periods of time, and more than one person in that bathroom at a time. Fold-down dinner trays could be useful if you can disengage it from the seatback.

Have fun.

Xebsball
02-12-2003, 05:53 PM
brother throwing, definately.

Laughing Cow
02-12-2003, 06:01 PM
Agree with ewallace.

You might get served glasses and metal cutlery during the flight. Some airlines still do, I do a lot of travel on business granted business class mostly.

As for fighting techniques, hmm lets see:
1.) tight confined space.
2.) unstable surface
3.) posible obstructions due to luggage, other passengers.

Not much besides stand-up grappling you can really do.

joedoe
02-12-2003, 06:07 PM
I agree - don't stress about it. I have flown several times since Sept 11 and just figured that whatever happens will happen.

Rogue posted a really good site a while back talking about useful airplane tactics. One thing that stuck in my mind was using the in-flight magazine as a stiff/sharp weapon by rolling it tightly in a conical shape.

As for bombs, just hope that you are not in the wrong place at the wrong time. :)

LEGEND
02-12-2003, 07:09 PM
POUNCE on the terrorist and start BITING and GOUGING while yelling DOGPILEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

FatherDog
02-12-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by ewallace
I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it. The best thing you can do in this and most other situations is to simply be very observant of your surroundings.

On the plane, watch for strange things like folks going to the bathroom at odd times, staying in the bathroom for long periods of time, and more than one person in that bathroom at a time.

Admit it; you just want to bust in on people having sex in the bathrooms.

MightyB
02-13-2003, 07:24 AM
Somebody posted this link (http://www.fightingarts.com/reading/article.php?id=291) months ago. I forgot who did it, but it's a good read.

Former castleva
02-13-2003, 09:03 AM
A good site overall btw.
Was nearly going to post that,but did not...
Good.

Also remember to check out the other parts.
Kristoffer,what is happening then that is causing so much concern?
Besides being aware,there may not be much that one can do to prepare himself to commit while facing terrorists in a plane,well.

Kristoffer
02-13-2003, 09:07 AM
Sho - haha självklart ;)

Hmm.. I like the sharp pencils and drumsticks. That's excellent. Today I thought that if I would take anything with me it would definatly be a middle lenght rope. I could wear it as a belt and use it easier than the actuall belt itself.

On tecs; I'm thinking all stand up, grappling and punching. Perhaps a low 'push kick' to knees?

Thank's for all info. I'm not really scared anything will happen coz why would anyone hijack a plane from Sweden? lol That's just laughable (like my spelling). If I'm worried it would have to be about bombs and stuff in the city. Not about the plane. But it's intresting to play around with ideas and strategy.

On a side note, I read every page of Usama bin Ladin's terrorist bible yesterday. It's sick, but very intresting and clever. Check it out: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/jihadmanual.html

EDIT: Former castleva - I think it's the end of a long Islamic holiday and they fear that new crimes will happend due to this. o something. But I think they wanna flex their muscle a bit..

ewallace
02-13-2003, 09:25 AM
Admit it; you just want to bust in on people having sex in the bathrooms.
No, I want them to get the hell out so my wife and I can go in. :)

dezhen2001
02-13-2003, 09:33 AM
its the eid festival, and also the time of the hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah)...

dawood

fa_jing
02-13-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Kristoffer
I'm not really scared anything will happen coz why would anyone hijack a plane from Sweden?

Perhaps because terrorists could operate more freely there? Just a thought - I feel our proximity to Canada puts the city of Chicago at a risk - all they have to do is send whatever over Lake Michigan on a boat.

Mr Punch
02-13-2003, 10:39 AM
Tell the potential terrorists the fat, bad-smelling neighbour just down the aisle is American (hell, he probably is anyway...!:p), and when they jump on him take them from behind!:D

Don't tell em he's English or they'll kill him too quickly!!

fa_jing
02-13-2003, 10:41 AM
oh but we do have Coast Guard...

Colin
02-13-2003, 12:31 PM
Nothing to worry about Kris!

London is sooo safe, I mean it must be because it's where everyone else from every other dangerous place in the world decides to come to for safety!

Anyway if Bush stopped *****ing about and nuked all the Iraqi/Afgani/Iranian/Pakistani/Korean/Libian loonies we would have nothing to worry about in London, as the wind would blow the fallout away from the UK!!!

Remember my gun is way bigger then yours!

Colin................

Kristoffer
02-18-2003, 04:26 AM
Well, I'm back from the trip and nothing happend :rolleyes: We got caught up in the whole peace demonstration in Hyde Park. **** that's alot of people. Pretty cool but we had to walk ALOT after that and no undergrounds were open and ppl killed to get a taxi. Bought some clothes and just minor things but overall it was cool to get back to UK (were there a few times as a kid).

BTW If I were a terrorist.. I would so kick @ss :D