PDA

View Full Version : being disabled russell sherry

russellsherry
02-12-2003, 04:13 PM
guys just so peole know my background i have cebral palsy without palsy and could not walk without leg irons till 15 il learnt

wing chun at 16 until i met sifu david foggie i did not learn real wing chun untill then when i met randy wiliams i fround the seef second to none in wing chun i have not said anythink bad about anybodys sifu just defend my sifu if some morons want to think badly of me its their problem not mine

old jong
02-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Hey russell sherry.
You are maybe disabled in your body but certainly not in your spirit.
Just keep on with your goals and you will surely find your rewards.
All the best.
Michel.

PQS
02-12-2003, 05:46 PM
Russell
you have something to believe in and thats special
good luck
Peter

Matrix
02-12-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by russellsherry
if some morons want to think badly of me its their problem not mine You've got that right!
Nill Illigitimi carborundum. Don't let the bast'rds get you down.

Peace,
Matrix

anerlich
02-12-2003, 08:13 PM
Russell,

one of my classmates has CP, and I find myself often humbled by his commitment and strength of spirit.

Good luck to you. Everyone should support their sifu.

glenn richards
02-13-2003, 03:45 AM
Hi Russell
Good to see loyalty still exists!
Incidentally is David Foggie still doing Wing Chun. I thought he had changed styles
Regards
Glenn

kj
02-13-2003, 05:21 AM
We all face challenges or obstacles of one sort or another. You set a good example for all of us Russell.

One of my sihings teaches a paraplegic, as well as an autistic student. They participate in regular classes, and just as with any other students, Wing Chun is growing within them as they grow in Wing Chun.

The only real barriers are the one's we allow to limit us. Keep up the good work.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

sagasa
02-13-2003, 06:09 AM
What exactly is it with some people? Russell Sherry is a good friend of mine. He has a disability, yet he fought every step of the way. Read the man's words...he walked with leg irons until he was 15. Started wing chun at 16. Those who know Russell will attest to how far he has come in overcoming such adversity. His love and loyalty to wing chun and his teacher, Sifu Randy Williams is known. Yet he is also friends with practioners of various lineages.

It is disappointing to see people making posts having to defend themselves. Russell, forget about the *******s in the world. There aren't many of them, they simply move around a lot. :rolleyes:

David Foggie

russellsherry
02-13-2003, 02:54 PM
to all the people who helped me my thanks and best regards to my sifu and arnis techer david foggie thank you and
guru Roland Dantes one of the great arnis teachers and with sifu Randy williams put my faith back into martial arts people
is it not strange when you know who the fools are they shut up and be nice i know who grendal is and just so he knows from
me in the old days in melbourne i went into a few schools and shut up a few big mouths who were saying things about my sifu
at the time if we bad mouth each other we make wing chun look
silly peace russell sherry

Rolling_Hand
02-14-2003, 03:43 PM
Rusellsherry wrote:

sifu Randy williams put my faith back into martial arts

-----------------------------------------------------

Rusellsherry,

Sifu Randy Williams has a very good heart. What Sifu Willaims wanted you to understand was that your knowledge of yourself as the ultmimate guide...

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world. Brother, you are the captain of your soul.

Regards

Roger